TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
11th Show, May 1

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXVIII - Edge of Extinction: 11th Show, May 1 users admin

"Awkward"

Survivor 38
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 03, 2019Jimmer25 05-03-19  8:10 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 03, 2019 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Didn't people who found idols/clues, etc. sometimes used to rehide them?

Jeep

10-17-2001

Friday, May 03, 2019 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Loved that tribal! I'm a Devens fan too. Hope he wins. I think Aurora and Victoria are two snakes in the grass just waiting to strike. Hope the others realize that.

I remember long ago, John Cochran asked to be called by his last name. Said something to the effect that he felt it showed Jeff thought he was a good player and survivors using their last name were more memorable. It's been awhile

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Ron's comment after he was voted out... he said something like if I knew how much it hurt to get voted out I would have done things differently...

of course it hurts... what did he think?!?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It may be obvious to some of us but a lot of people don’t truly understand pain until they experience it themselves. The lack of empathy in the world is scary.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I don't get it... he's a fan of the show... been watching for years... how did he think it was going to feel? There can only be 1 winner... and the odds were that he wasn't going to make it to the end... I can't believe he never thought for 1 minute what it would feel like to be on the receiving end of a blindside...

yeah... the lack of empathy in the world is scary... and sad.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Am I the only person that thought it was weird how Lauren jumped up and wrapped her legs around her father (like she was 10-years-old?)

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
YUP, that father/daughter hug was super creepy. I think this 'hug' is way overused, girls are wrapping themselves around everybody on TV! Kind of gross.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Yeah... I thought that was weird too... :\ Seems immature and yes... creepy.

Compared to Victoria's... which I thought was way more authentic and appropriate.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I didn't even notice it...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Different families show affection in different ways.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, different ways but that was the first adult daughter I have seen do the jump straddle on her father like that... So it did surprise me.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Unless I actually know something negative about their relationship, I just can't be critical of a daughter showing affection for her father. You can label it creepy/gross/weird if you want to but I won't. I can agree that her greeting was unusual but Survivor is emotionally isolating so maybe she reacted in a stronger way than usual.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If it were me and my family, we'd probably just look at each other, nod and say "hey, how's it going?" Not a hugging family... If it were my sister, she would just tell me that I stink.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
I thought I misheard Jeff say "dad" when I saw Lauren jump up on her father like that. I never saw anything like that before so it seemed very unnatural to me. Ick.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Kearie, I thought the same thing you did. "Did Jeff say,'dad'?"

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I didn't think too much about it. I agree with what Jimmer said.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: