TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 18, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXVII - David vs. Goliath: Caution Caution - Spoilers Caution: Season Finale Show - December 17, 2018: Archive through December 18, 2018 users admin

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Well … it's here. This season seems to me to have gone by so quickly...and was, in my opinion, a very good one.

Let's start out with pinning down where the votes came from last night. Thanks to Sheldor over at Survivor Blows, I don't have to figure it out because Sheldor already did it very nicely.

2 Votes for Alison: Christian, Davie
2 Votes for Davie: Alison, Mike
3 Votes for Christian: Angelina, Kara, Nick
Davie played his Idol for himself canceling 2 Votes (Alison, Mike)
Nick played his Idol for himself canceling No Votes

Ginger: That's why Nick was so upset, because he wasted an idol.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's the link to today's interview between Jeff Probst and Dalton Ross of EW.com:

https://ew.com/tv/2018/12/13/survivor-jeff-probst-david-vs-goliath-christian-episode-13/

And the teaser at the bottom of that interview:

Dalton Ross: It’s finale time! While I can’t wait to see what happens, I also don’t want it to end. What can you tell us about next week’s extravaganza?
Jeff Probst: At the risk of getting ahead of ourselves, I do think it’s a great finale. We have a strong final six. You saw from last Tribal that the game really is wide open. There are lots of variables at play. I’m excited to step on the stage live at CBS and say, “Welcome to the season finale of Survivor: David v. Goliath!”

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Okay … this is definitely a big spoiler. It's been discussed in the General Thread, but since it relates to next week's episode, it can now go here. I just going to put up a lot more spoiler warnings here in case there are those that don't want to know the Final Three yet.

Spoiler Alert

Spoiler Alert

Spoiler Alert

Spoiler Alert

Spoiler Alert

Jim Early (Missyae) at Whispers has put up a picture of the Final Three with a red check mark on the winner (in his estimation or confirmed by multiple informants).

Mike, Angelina and Nick (Nick has the red checkmark)

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
How the Finale will work. To the best of my recollection, this is how it goes:

Final 6 Challenge, Final 6 TC --- 1 boot

Final 5 Challenge, Final 5 TC --- 1 boot

Final 4 Challenge, Final 4 TC … Immunity Challenge Winner picks one person of those that didn't win IC to go to Final 3 with him/her … and the other 2 have a fire challenge.
Loser walks over and joins the jury. The Final 3 give their pleas for votes and answer the jury questions. Then the jury votes.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here is the link to Christian's Ponderosa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fhf03Llw-8

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Goobledygook

Miscellaneous text

Spoiler comment

Of the reported final 3 that would be my favorite...one of the few people who looks better after being on the beach for a while than they did when they started the game!

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
If you don't read any other interview with Christian today, you have to read this one done today between Dalton Ross of Ew.com and Christian.

https://ew.com/tv/2018/12/13/survivor-christian-hubicki-david-vs-goliath-interview/

Also.....Christian's Ponderosa is a gem!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I too loved Christian's Ponderosa. He's really a sweet man.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Roxip I could copy your 7:42 post exactly!!

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
That was a great interview Ginger!! He really is a gem.

so funny to read about him and the masks around camp!! LMAO!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I feel smarter just reading his responses. I think he'd be an interesting robotics instructor... and I hate science.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have seen Christian's Ponderosa, and it is hilarious, although perhaps it was contrived and not necessarily spontaneous. Also, I noticed Mike was not sitting in on the hilarious part and am wondering what that was about. Going to read the EW interviews now.

Back from reading the Dalton Ross/Jeff Probst interview, which is great. This is my biggest takeaway.

quote:

Dalton Ross -I’m sure there is some sort of mathematical equation to describe Christian’s time on the island this season, but I’m too dumb to understand it. Now that his magical run has finally come to an end, give me your take on him as a player and personality on the show.
Jeff Probst - Ah, that’s easy. I love Christian. He was amazing on the beach, great at Tribal, and he was a willing collaborator during his interviews. That’s really all you can ever hope for from any Survivor player. And I must add, we had a lot of them this season. One of our favorite groups in a long, long time. And yet Christian still stands out because of all of those beautiful intangibles that make him so root-worthy. The mangy hair, the slightly hunched posture, the consistently inconsistent stammer. He’s a one of a kind, and clearly a very bright and empathetic human. Kids are always the barometer of truth, and kids love Christian. I am so happy he was able to last so long and hopefully fulfill his wish for the adventure of a lifetime.

Oh! And I would be happy with that spoiler for the winner and do believe s/he has been getting the winner's edit for the last few weeks.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, December 14, 2018 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Why would Mike be there?

I do think they have contrived a lot of the Ponderosa interviews this year (a lot of bonding-type stuff, group activities, etc.), but still enjoyed it. I'm sure if another Ponderosa inhabitant was doing something else (taking a nap perhaps?) they just chose not to participate.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Friday, December 14, 2018 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Only Dan and John were not there .... but they had interacted with Christian separately. Probably were not available at the time or didn’t want to participate.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
TMZ is reporting a spoiler - of sorts

Ladeedah
Someone will propose during the live show, a producer was told to make time for it x ah, but who? TMZ only speculates, either Nick to his long time girl friend or the 2 that broke protocol Alec, and Kara (which would allow Alec to be at the finale, that he’s supposedly banned from attending )

'Survivor: David vs. Goliath' Finale Set to Feature Live Proposal TMZ.com

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Thanks Reader … Jim Early at Whispers announced that the day before, and over at their site they are making fun of TMZ using the information and not giving Jim Early credit for it … lol.

Meanwhile, here's the title and CBS Misdirection for the show:

Title: "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"

Misdirection:
Only four "Goliaths" and two "Davids" remain to face one of the most competitive 63-piece puzzle challenge in SURVIVOR history in an attempt to last another day. Also, a fire-making challenge could change one person's fate in the game, and, after 39 days, one castaway will take home the $1 million dollar prize and title of sole Survivor, on the two-hour season finale, followed by the one-hour live reunion show hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst, of Survivor, Wednesday at 8/7c.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's another spoiler by Jim Early at Whispers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Angelina doesn't get any votes....

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to YouTube.com for a preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXeblSP9AEw

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
As of this morning, there are no Press Release pictures up anywhere, so here are 8 pictures I've captured from Survivor Blows (thank you very much) of challenges:

The first 6 are from the F6 Immunity Challenge because it shows what was described in the CBS Misdirection.

And these next two pictures don't appear to be in with that challenge, so it is either from a Reward Challenge at the F6 level or from the next Immunity Challenge at the F5 level (or something else).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
More Spoiler....... from Survivor Whispers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Kara and Angelina have to make fire.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Wait …. I just noticed that both Alison and Kara have purple … and that can't be right. I know Kara is in the right challenge for the F6 Immunity Challenge, so that picture of Alison must be from a subsequent challenge … probably for Immunity.

Hmmmm… Looks like Alison may survive F6, so either Kara or Davie will get the F6 boot (in my estimation).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I can't wait for this season to be over so we can start a thread for the new season (which is going to be just awful)

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
I just read this latest news and am quickly putting it up here....

It's being reported that one of the players at the F3/F4 level brought contraband to the game and is probably going to be disqualified according to the rules. The report I read said that production heads of the Finale are scrambling.

However; Jim Early of Whispers has posted that it is a rumor that Mike White had marijuana on the set and that one of the cast has ratted on him. Whether he brought it at the beginning or his partner brought it during the Family Visit episode is not known. Actually, he points out that it is just a rumor...…….and he states emphatically nobody is getting disqualified.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... JE has already debunked that rumor. It was started by some chick on Twitter who evidently tries to "spoil" behind the scenes stuff for BB but she would appear to be super-shady.

Also, everyone who was out there has said it's not true.