TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 24, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXVII - David vs. Goliath: 9th Show, Nov 21: Archive through November 24, 2018 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 22, 2018 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhhh yes I see now, he probably could have. if Angelina makes it to the end she wont get his vote!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 4:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking if Carl makes it to the end, he won't have Dan's vote.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Christian's my fave by a long shot.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Awesome Tribal Council! It's nice to see twists and advantages play out in an exciting way (unlike what usually happens on Big Brother).

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I don't see how Dan could have used a second idol even if he still had it.

Jeff collects the bowl with the votes in it.

He says "If anyone has an idol to play, play it now."

Dan lost fair and square. If he had a second idol with him, he missed the chance to play it by not putting both in to play at the same time(even though he only had one).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It was still before the votes were counted, so I think he could have still played a second one.

You just can't play it after the votes are counted.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
They weren't counted, but they were revealed.

I think he lost out the minute the lid came off.

(Are we the Bickersons?)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jeff is gleeful that the nullifier was used, and was effective, but really only Kara knew, and revealed, that he had had two. So then they knew one was gone and he still had one. They also knew Dan didn't have the replacement for his played necklace, because Christian had that, and shared that info.

The only way the nullifier would be a dud was if Dan didn't play his immunity on himself.

I would think he could have played a second idol after voting and before votes were read, right after Jeff said votes to evict Dan will count.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure Dan could have just played it. Doesn't Jeff always ask first? You know his standard line, "If anyone has an immunity idol ..." Jeff didn't ask a second time. I don't think Dan had the option to play it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well, Jeff didn't ask for a second idol because he knew Dan didn't have one.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
true JP asks that then dan said he had idol, then JP opened urn and FIRST THING he pulled out was nuffifer...i think at that point if Dan could say wait! i have another idol..and play it before VOTES were read

i think in future...if producers knew someone had 2 idols they would have JP say after the nullifer is pulled BUT BEFORE JP reads who it is being played against he could ask the person that played the idol if he had a 2nd idol that would nullify the nullifier

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, Jeff didn't ask if anyone had a secret advantage either, but it got played.

I think anything goes as long as not a single vote has been counted.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jimmer, at least there are two of us.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well it’s a fun discussion. That’s what I love about Survivor. They keep it interesting.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, we didnt SEE him ask. those TCs last 2 hrs, they edit what they WANT us to see :-)

like last week, they showd a reaction shot of Christian when the idol was played for him...he looked shocked...but now we know he knew so I bet that reaction shot was from something totally different. It must be a blast editing this show

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I'm pretty sure he never asks if anyone has a "secret" advantage... because that would clue people into the idea that there is one!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
SURVIVOR David Vs. Goliath - Dan: Ponderosa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FxRKTRBpTc

Another heartwarming Ponderosa!
I keep looking for my fav exit interview, but they must have taken a long weekend off.
Will keep checking.

Tribalgirl

03-08-2016

Friday, November 23, 2018 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tribalgirl a private message Print Post    
Pamy. At last week's tribal, when Davie played his idol for Christian, NO ONE in his alliance (the original Davids) knew about his idol. He hadn't told anyone about it. All of them were shocked, including Christian. The lads had formulated a 'split vote' plan, but only Davie saved their bacon with that HII. There was a clip circulating with Davie explaining his process...I don't know if this is allowed in here, but here's a link to it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-026iShUe_k&fbclid=IwAR3HACMVCnezoZD_l9be-WQ9Nu9VFeXBEgTfsCy_G7hV-eu3-riHUUBZNBY
If this is not allowed in here, please forgive me, mods, and remove it.
Davie's move last week was brilliant, and this week's moves by Nick and Carl were also brilliantly planned and utilized, although, it was this alliance, working together that made it all work so well.
and, as a post script: The irony of Mike stating that "Carl and Davie aren't going to mount an insurrection" last week, only to have that outrageous strategical play last week by Davie and this week by Carl, was almost as good as a tub of Haagen Daaz.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 1:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
What a nice clip. Thanks, Tribalgirl. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, good point! Tribal, that's right!
great clip!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Davids v. Goliaths is the season you get when you cast true fans of the show instead of recruits from a shopping mall or bar!!!

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Can the color of the frames be changed so we can tell who is D vs G?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am not a fan of the brochacho shtick, BUT..

this is pretty cute.. John and Dan at Ponderosa:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hsVwMWYJ7xM

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Can the color of the frames be changed so we can tell who is D vs G?

I think that’s a good suggestion. I usually leave the frames the same color as the tribe they were on at the final merge, but I guess in this season that’s kind of meaningless. When I get the chance, I’ll change them back so we can see the original David vs. Goliath split.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Or, maybe add little D's and G's? Just a thought. :-)