TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 27, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXVII - David vs. Goliath: Caution Caution - Spoilers Caution: Full Season Spoilers: Archive through October 27, 2018 users admin

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Ginger, 28 years ago I divorced after 24 years of marriage. I was terrified. I have to say that it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It gets better every year. I have been happy alone. But I'm not alone, I had and have my daughter. There is nothing like a wonderful daughter to make life perfect. She has given me a wonderful granddaughter and now an even better bonus a great-grandson. They are my family and are far better than a husband.

Hang in there. It will be better. Let yourself grieve for the marriage you wanted and enjoy the rest and best of your life to come.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Ginger, you have always amazed me with your strength, courage and attitude. To hear that you have truly been walking through something that had so much peril involved just deepens my admiration. I hope you know that we are all here for you if you need someone to "virtually" lean on. You mean a lot to all of us here at TVCH.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Once again, thank you guys for all the support.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
(((Ginger)))) xoxoxo

Dlkuhn4

07-13-2002

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
I don't post much but I read and been here for years and this is my first to go place. I've met a couple members when I was living in tn. But now I'm in mo. Ginger you're my hero that you had the courage to get out. I hope someday I can follow in your footsteps it gives me hope. If you ever want to chat I'm here

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Dlkuhn4 --- thanks for the support and for sharing. Don't brag on me too much … I should have left in the past 10 years as my family wanted me to when the verbal abuse got so bad that I retreated to living in a smaller section of our home just to stay out of his way. Turning physical gave me the courage, because what's left after that … ???

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
My first time checking in here, too, and appreciate the bad/good news Ginger. So happy you are safe and free and wish you all the best. When I separated after 25 years of marriage, a friend said she cried every day for the first year after her marriage fell apart. I didn't cry and was just relieved. However you respond at this time, it's okay! Hugs and well wishes from me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Alaginger, I understand. My ex was verbally abusive and I stayed...I always knew if it became physical I would leave but for some reason I guess after years of verbal abuse I didn't have enough self-esteem left to go. It has taken years for me to learn how to stand up for myself - but the good news is that I raised a daughter that is very able to stand up for herself...although sometimes I kind of wince at how good she is at it (LOL) I never want her to change!

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Golly, Gee Guys … I think we could start our own abusive support group in here...

Finally heard from lawyer yesterday that my husband has obtained a lawyer. That lawyer wants to get with my lawyer one day next week to discuss settlement...so this morning between 6 am and 7:10 am, I was typing up information and attaching it to an email to send to my lawyer for her to use at that meeting. I guess things are starting to roll … tummy in a bit of knots!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Ginger... you have our support during this difficult time... Keep your head high and know that you matter.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
No offense, but if your husband has a 401(k) from a company do not forget that you are entitled to 1/2 by Federal law. (Of course that always is reciprocated if you have a 401(k).)

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Roxi, Actually a judge would determine the amount and would need to issue a QDRO.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
And we do each have one and they are about equal … so the point, in my case, is moot, anyway.

Thanks for the info though, Roxip and Scoot.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Probably better that way.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So, I have not read back through the entire thread, but on Twitter yesterday, Jim Early has indicated there is a different type of idol that can be found... it's called an 'idol nullifier'. It was a bit confusing to me, but what I understood is if someone played an idol.... the idol nullifier would cancel it out. I also thought it said that the idol nullifier had to be played at the time of the vote, not after.

I'll have to try to bring that information over tonight. It was pretty late last night when I saw it. So, I might be confused as to how it is used.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The idol Nullifier:

Okay, from Facebook Survivor Whispers Premere: This tool will be found on the island and must be brought to Tribal Council and played when you cast your vote. Players will announce at the booth who they will play it against, place the advantage in the urn then return to their stump. The Idol Nullifier will negate the intended target’s ability to play a Hidden Immunity Idol.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Wow, Kooklie ... Great find!!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It seems to me that it could be useful only if they know someone is going to play an idol.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Now that I know about it, Kookliebird (thank you very much) I was able to search for information on it and came up with this link. Explains it pretty well.

https://survivingtribal.com/2018/09/05/survivor-david-vs-goliath-idol-nullifyer/

"This tool will be found on the island and must be brought to Tribal Council and played when you cast your vote. Players will announce at the booth who they will play it against, place the advantage in the urn then return to their stump. The Idol Nullifier will negate the intended target’s ability to play a Hidden Immunity Idol.

For example, if John A. is on the outs and is looking for an idol all day at camp, finds it and plans to save himself at Tribal Council, Jill B. would know he’s a good target to use an Idol Nullifier against. While voting, Jill B. presents it and says she’s using it against John. A. When Jeff Probst asks if anyone wants to use an idol, John. A plays it, Probst will then announce it is a Hidden Immunity Idol then follow up by announcing someone played an Idol Nullifier against him."

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Thanks Ginger... you got great information, as how it worked seemed really confusing to me. At this point, I don't think anyone has found it yet. So, maybe that's something we see in the next couple of weeks.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It appears to me that Jim Early has an additional Survivor 'game' going on, but I didn't check into it too much. However, I suspect that is the reason why he has not provided many hints on Survivor Whispers, like in past seasons. It would spoil his new game.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, they play that game once or twice a year i think. It their online version of the game. It looks super fun but time consuming. I want to join one year after I retire and have more time :-)

I think he is giving more of his spoilers during his podcast chats they do on show nights. I think there also may be one tonight.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, they play that Survivor game all the time. TBH, it seems really confusing (not to mention time consuming). A while back, they asked me if I wanted to play but I didn't because I didn't want to look stupid.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I have bad news for you. You will have less free time when you retire than you do now. I always tell people if there is anything they absolutely HAVE to get done, do it now, because you will simply not have TIME to do it when you retire.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL! but that's because you have so much fun! my girlfriend is the same, always busy but mostly it's because she is volunteering and having fun!