TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
5th Show, Oct 24

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXVII - David vs. Goliath: 5th Show, Oct 24 users admin

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 25, 2018Roxip25 10-25-18  8:58 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It looks like Angelina has some kind of sweater, but not wind proof or water resistant or very thick.
And yes, I agree. Natalie would have kept the jacket regardless of having knowledge about the voting. She's just a selfish, bossy person. I feel badly for people who have to work for her. She seems like she would be a horrible boss. But she thinks she's all that. UGH.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Angelina sounded so pitiful crying "Natalie, Natalie".

Also, I am not sure that Natalie was correct in stating how long you can keep eggs fresh. I thought that as long as they have never been refrigerated they will be ok for a long time.

Also, if you boil very fresh eggs (1 to 2 days old) you won't be able to peel them. I guess the white is sticking on the shell inside.

I hope they don't boil the chickens.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
While not a Natalie fan, I wouldn't have left my jacket either. In that moment, Natalie is totally blindsided and probably ticked off at everyone in the group. The last thing you would think of is to leave your jacket. How does she know that Angelina wasn't part of the blindside just to get the jacket?

So, I have to agree with Kar, it was very insensitive of her to ask for Natalie's jacket. It's Survivor for gosh sakes. You have to live with the elements. Maybe she should have brought a heavier jacket with her in the first place.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've heard the same thing - as long as eggs haven't been refrigerated they can stay at room temperature for quite some time.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I might not have left my jacket, but I also would not plot to get someone else's jacket.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Natalie explained in her interview that the reason she wanted to cook the eggs is because they were running low on supplies and didn't know if they would be able to have another fire before the eggs went bad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have heard That they don't get to decide what clothing comes on the island with them.

Seems in recent years they have been allowed to cover up more, and not be stranded in undsrwear.

Natalie was the perfect goat.. But she was the perfect goat for a whole bunch of people, and they could to consider if they got near the end they could be sent home so the person choosing could have a goat. Unless you are super sure you will choose at F3 or 4, best to send that boat home, and best done pre-jury.

Has anyone who works for Natalie spoken out? Is she a great boss or not?

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Begging for the jacket was the most pathetic thing I've seen in a longtime on Survivor and I loved it. I didn't have high hopes for Nat's ouster-what a pleasant surprise- topped with her ignoring the pleading for her jacket-priceless. 4* episode for me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have also heard that they are told what to wear/take with them when they are stranded, but it seems to me if some of them are able to wear something rather substantial, like Lyrsa or Natalie - an outer garment that has sleeves and can be used to help maintain warmth - then others would do the same thing. I suspect is that it never occurs to some of these people that the temperatures can be so variable - after all, don't we all think of Fiji as being warm beaches, sunny skies and Bali Hai? (Well, at least before we started watching the Survivor seasons filmed there.)

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
You guys are right. I have friends who own chickens and they have told me fresh eggs not refrigerated can keep for quite awhile.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
My son barters for eggs with a farmer he knows. They trade jam (or a yoga class) for eggs and he'll leave a dozen or so on the counter in a bowl- I kept putting them in the fridge and he'd take them out. He said they'll keep for a week on the counter (out of sunlight). I've never gotten sick eating their eggs.

I would have cooked them all at once on the day of a comp.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The difference is that Fiji, when it's not going through a cyclone, is probably a bit warmer than what we would expect room temperature to be.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The great egg debate!

Whether or not eggs need refrigeration depends on how they are processed. Commercially processed eggs are generally refrigerated in North America but they are left at room temperature in Europe.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.uk.businessinsider.
com/why-europeans-dont-refrigerate-eggs-2014-12

Thus explaining why Lilifair’s son likely doesn’t have to refrigerate his farm fresh eggs.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Ding dong the witch is dead. I am so glad Natalie is gone. That said, I wouldntt have given my jacket.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I would have thought it would have been good to keep the eggs in ocean water for semi refrigeration. sailors kept eggs on their boats for 6 months but they covered them with cheap fat on the outside of the egg to reduce air exchange.

they say that fresh chicken eggs do not have to be cooled if they still have the bloom on - don't wash them it works like the lard in keeping the bacteria out.
what is-funny is that all the articles I read said refrigerate hard boiled eggs immediately. Heck Easter we would color hard boiled eggs and leave them out for days until we ate all of them.

Natalie was an over the top villain, at first I sympathized with her, I know how hard it is to work with people decades younger than you. so hard to get them to accept your ideas.But she just did everything wrong, talked to them wrong, didn't volunteer to show she was game. didn't do well in challenges - a big place to prove your value. It is as if she never watched the show. I would have left my jacket behind, but I am a sucker for someone suffering.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Natalie Cole talks 'Survivor': I'm shocked Angelina Keeley had the "audacity" to ask for my jacket, she's sneaky and untrustworthy (Exclusive)

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/natalie-cole-talks-survivor-im-shocked-angelina-keeley-had-audacity-ask-for-my-jacket-she-sneaky-and-untrustworthy-%28exclusive%29-24813.php

Scarebaby

07-31-2005

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scarebaby a private message Print Post    
This is probably a dumb question, but why is Elizabeth allowed a cowboy hat? It seems like that would fall under the (long gone) category of "luxury item". Unless I'm missing something...which I probably am LOL

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
I figured that Natalie would give a bitter & vitriolic interview - and YUP she sure delivered!

I think as unaware as she is, she made the mistake of believing that just because Production determines who your teammates are initially @ Goliath - doesn't mean they don't want to choose new friends and alliances. Like Mike did.

She was so bossy and unbearable, I can't believe she lasted as long as she did!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I can't believe she is in sales!!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the cowboy hat is part of Elizabeth's persona for the show.. Probably required to have it.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Yeah, just like Nick's wearing a suit jacket since he's a Public Defender.

Smart man for refusing to steal Lyrsa's jacket or to be bullied into giving his up! He's got a reputation to defend, too.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
wow that interview and it's alternate reality. Off hand I am going to say I would not have enjoyed working with her, she is big on payback. she does not have any inkling of hos this game is really played.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Angela didnt even vote Nat out so I dont know why she is saying mean things about her because now she nows for sure Angela didnt vote her out.

I want to see what company Natalie owns

Lyn

08-06-2002

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Natalie comes cross as someone who is very self unaware..."my way or the highway"... and ALWAYS right

(Mods, I'm sorry if I'm being overly harsh. I will understand if you delete)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I've "worked" with a number of Natalies in my 40 year career, rather worked around them or in spite of them. Some of them were Nates, but mostly, Natalies.... the result is that I'm still at the same company, but they are not... sort of like how Survivor played out this season.

Good that she has a position where being the 'boss', in all sense of the word, is a good thing.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Carl has a cowboy hat too.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Carl and Elizabeth were both chosen for rope throwing on the Oct. 17 challenge, if I recall. And Jeff noted that both had been throwing ropes for most of their lives.

Scarebaby

07-31-2005

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scarebaby a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the replies about the cowboy hat. I do wish they could just bring camping clothes. I'm tired of seeing people in their underwear.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Natalie Cole talks 'Survivor' -- Her surprising take on cyclone evacuation and Nick Wilson's bullying claim (Exclusive)

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/natalie-cole-talks-survivor----her-surprising-take-on-cyclone-evacuation-and-nick-wilson-bullying-claim-%28exclusive%29-24845.php

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: