TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Second Episode - October 3, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXVII - David vs. Goliath: Caution Caution - Spoilers Caution: Second Episode - October 3, 2018 users admin

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Let's get this thread up and running for when the good stuff starts showing up.

Thanks to Flowerpower at Survivor Blows, we have a transcript of the clip showing next week's show:

Jiffy: there is a new war.

Natalie: I will drop a little Natalie napalm before it's over.

One of the girls: She's crazy!

Natalie: Some people say it's aggressive ... oh well.

Jiffy: There is a new target

Lyrsa: EXCUSE ME!!!

Jiffy: and a new man in charge.

Christian: And a hyperphrenic man like me is the man to handle it all.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Before I bring over the link to the weekly interview between Dalton Ross and Jeff Probst, I want to bring over the link to Dalton's recap of the first episode. Down at the bottom of page 3 and continued onto page 4 of that article, Dalton gives us a lot of insight into how the contestants are shuttled to and from events in the show away from their beaches. Very interesting information.

https://ew.com/recap/survivor-season-37-premiere/

Down Goes Pat
The fact that Survivor is still having things happen for the first time in its 37th season is remarkable, but this is the type of first that was unfortunate for all parties involved. We’ve had many contestants in many seasons have to be medically evacuated for a variety of reasons. Some have gotten hurt in challenges. Some have experienced intestinal issues or infection or dehydration or other maladies that have caused them to be pulled from the game. But never has someone been forced out due to a transportation issue between beaches.
It’s no secret that — contrary to what Survivor shows on screen — contestants do not actually walk or paddle themselves from place to place on this show. When tribes need to go to a challenge or Tribal Council or reward, they are transported in either a blacked out van or boat depending on the location. They are terrible rides for the contestants, if for no other reason than the seas are choppy, and without fresh air and a view, they can turn into vomitoriums. And the seas in Fiji can be very choppy. I’ve been in some downright terrible boat rides out there, and that was not in a cyclone, so I can only imagine how awful this ride back to the beach for the David tribe must have been.
There are no cameras when contestants are traveling back and forth between locations, which means the players are also on “lockdown.” (Essentially they are not allowed to talk or communicate in any way, so that any conversations strategic or otherwise are captured on camera back at the beach.) That’s why there were no cameras to capture exactly what happened to Pat, but the short version is this: The boat hit a massive wave and Pat got thrown, sending searing pain down his back.

“I can’t see,” was the first thing we heard as he was carted by Survivor medical onto the beach while moaning. “My back… I can’t focus… I’m scared,” he says as his left-hand shakes. Someone holds his head still while Dr. Joe does his thing. Probst runs over. Dr. Joe talked about a possible fracture to the back. It was over. “You can’t take me. I can’t leave. I can’t leave,” wailed Pat, but he knew. Probst knew. We all knew.
“Not this way. This can’t be the way it goes. I don’t want to quit.” But Pat didn’t quit. Pat just became the latest casualty of the cruelest game on the planet, and his fate may just have been the cruelest of all. He didn’t get eliminated due to strategy. He didn’t get eliminated for rubbing people the wrong way (although that may have come later). He didn’t even get eliminated due to an injury from playing the game. He got eliminated due to a boat ride on day 3. Brutal. Positively brutal. Even more brutal than poor Jonathan and Wanda back in Palau.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
I ran out of time bringing over the paragraphs that pertained to shuttling the contestants by Dalton Ross...so I'll continue it here:

isten, I wasn’t on that boat, but I have been on a lot of Survivor boats in a lot of different Survivor locations (Panama, Cook Islands, Palau, Cagayan, Caramoan, Cambodia, Fiji, etc…). As I mentioned, there have been some really rough rides. But I can also tell you this: The boat captains are extraordinary. I have watched people vomit off the side while the captains have navigated choppy waters. I have seen rides that should take 20 minutes last well over an hour due to their caution and precaution. I have applauded a captain who sent me to Survivor medical after he slammed on the breaks causing our entire boatful of people to topple on top of each other because it would have been so much worse had he not done so. Again, I wasn’t on the boat, but I’ve been on many like them in those exact same waters. Throw in a cyclone and let’s all be thankful it was not worse. (Of course, you can get much more insight to the event and its aftermath from Jeff Probst in our weekly Q&A and I highly recommend that you do just that.)

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's the link to the interview at EW.com between Dalton Ross and Jeff Probst about Episode 1:

https://ew.com/tv/2018/09/27/survivor-jeff-probst-boat-accident-evacuation-pat/

And, here's the teaser from the bottom of that interview:

Dalton: Okay, rough start for the players with the cyclone and all. What can you tease for next week’s episode?

Jeff: The weather continues, relationships and alliances really start to form, and you finally get to see Tribal Council and it is outstanding!

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
There are several articles on the Internet with and about Pat Cusack's injury. Here's the link to the one at EW.com
https://ew.com/tv/2018/09/27/survivor-pat-cusack-premiere-evacuation/

Basically, Pat tells us that they were told the ride was going to be rough, and it was. From what he has been told, they hit a large wave and came back down on the water. Everybody was bouncing around. Carl hit his head and Pat compressed his spine. He doesn't remember anything from the time it happened until he woke up in the helicopter. Watching the show last night with his family was very emotional and a first for him just like it was for us. And, he hopes to get to play again sometime as it was a lifetime dream come true for him to make it to the show.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Just a side note, we have a local jet boat company that takes sightseers on a 'thrilling' ride up the river, with quick turns.. things only a jet boat can do. People are all strapped into their seats. There's a lot of banging and bouncing going on.... to make a long story short, a couple years back they have had multiple lawsuits related to the same type of injury that Pat had... so much so, that they had to cut back the 'thrilling' part of the jet boat ride. So, I felt for Pat. He must have hit really hard and not being strapped in made it much worse.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Poor guy. I felt so bad for him and I really hope he gets to play again. Im sure TPTB will make it happen since it wasn't his fault at all.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Since Jeff mentioned in his teaser with Dalton Ross at EW.com that the weather continues, I got curious and did a little hunting and pecking.
In another article where Jeff was being interviewed it was mentioned that this was Cyclone Josie and that a week later they had Cyclone Keni.

So that's what I looked up:

The Cyclone affecting Fiji during the filming we saw last night was Cyclone Josie. Cyclone Keni hit Fiji just a week after Cyclone Josie. Josie had 4 confirmed deaths, and Keni had 9 confirmed deaths with a large number of displaced people. So, I guess we are going to see a lot more weather filming next week.

Edited to add: Jeff also mentioned in this other interview which was with The Hollywood Reporter that during Cyclone Keni the Production missed a lot of sleep, as well as the contestants, because they set up all night trying to figure out whether to help them or not. They don't like to interfer with their adventure unless it gets to be absolutely necessary.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 27, 2018 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
great stuff Ginger!! I love how you research the lil tidbits!! ty!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks so much, Ginger!! I hate it that we are going to have to watch them suffer even more next week. Or maybe even into the following week?

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Title and Misdirection for next week's show:

Title: "The Chicken Has Flown the Coop"

“The Chicken Has Flown the Coop” – One tribe will bring balance to their game with an immunity win. Also, an early showmance could paint a target on a pair of castaway’s backs, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Oct. 3 (8:00-9:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
A couple of seasons back they had to evacuate the contestants for one night due to a cyclone.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wonder if that teaser means Davids will win...bringing balance...evening up the tribes?

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Friday, September 28, 2018 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's the YouTube.com link to the preview for next week's show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq3wHc0ixPY

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Thanks to Sheldor at Survivor Blows, we have copies of the CBS Press Release pics … and because of Sheldor's work in comparing cameras that were used by different photographers, we have them pretty much in sequence. The Press Release pics are put out in mix and match fashion.

The first set of pics was day 1 at the 2 different camps, and the same on day 2 … all in sunshine … which reminds me that the Cyclone Keni I talked about earlier didn't happen until a week after Cyclone Josie, and our Survivors episodes are spaced a week apart to us, but only 3 days apart to the Survivors...so they haven't had Cyclone Keni yet in Episode 2.

The next group of pictures were of the Reward/Immunity Challenge.

And the last group of pics were all at the David camp ... which in the past, we know, that usually means the camp that has lost the challenge.

So, if that holds true, the David camp loses the challenge, and the pics above all show that the Goliath camp was ahead almost from the very start of that challenge. Favored to get the boot from the David camp is Nick as we were told last week, and as Pat voiced during more than one of his interviews after Episode 1.

This is Nick

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Moderator … Help

Uh, Oh … Moderators … Jimmer, Sea, any moderator … please come in here to the 2nd Episode and get rid of 3 of my 4 posts while I was trying to post pics of the Reward/Immunity Challenge. I'm still trying to get use to the laptop my daughter gave me and the resizing works a little differently here than it did on my computer … but I'll get use to it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I removed the ones where the images didn't show up. :-)

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Thanks a bunch, Jimmer

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Ginger! And Jimmer.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Flowerpower, over at Survivor Blows, has put up her confessionals post. After studying the pictures and confessionals, she has come up with the following speculation:

Looks like she agrees that the David Tribe is going to lose and actually have to go to Tribal Council this week.

She also speculates that after losing Pat, the strongest male on their tribe, they are going to be hesitant to lose another male. Hence, she feels Nick is safe this week … plus she notes that he was the favored boot last week, but has since seemed to bond with more of the players.

She is leaning towards a female boot from the David Tribe.... probably Lyrsa or Jessica. In the premiere show the Goliath Tribe picked Lyrsa as the potential weakest player on the David Tribe, but she did very well in that challenge. Also, she is shown in a confessional this week being told her name has come up for the boot. And, Elizabeth is lying about her age because she thinks she will appear weaker, if younger … and she is small … and she was the first one to break down in the shelter during the storm last week.

So … favored for the boot by Flowerpower is Lyrsa or Jessica on the David Tribe.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to YouTube.com for a Sneak Peek at Episode 2. Looks like I was wrong, cause it all seems to be centered around a terrible storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5iXGtY2FGo

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to YouTube.com for a Sneak Peek at the Episode 2 Reward/Immunity Challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qgAcbnABuM

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ginger, for the sneak peak at episode two, it is showing that it is Day 3 so couldn't that still be Cyclone Josie? Then on Day 6 for the next IC it is clear and sunny, but that could be before Cyclone Keni strikes. Josie was a very slow-moving storm.

ETA: I just checked Wiki - Josie was a Cyclone from March 29 - April 2. Then it was clear for three days and then Keni was from April 5-April 11. Of some note, Josie was a Cat 1 and Keni (which has yet to be shown) was a Cat 3.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Yes, Lexie … you have caught something there that Sheldor caught over at Survivor Blows, but I forgot to mention it in here.

Sheldor said the caption of Day 3 should have read Day 6. The challenge and the evacuation of Pat happened on Day 3, and these pics that say Day 3 should be saying Day 6 (that's from Sheldor's comparing the camera info of the photographer(s) taking the pictures.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Now that I've seen the show, my above post doesn't make any sense. I think I must have misunderstood what Sheldor was referring to.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay... I checked the dates for filming and it looks like I was correct that the first three days were Cyclone Josie ... so Cyclone Kenie has not hit yet

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think the biggest turning point was Jessica and Bi kind of brushing Gabby off. That made her feel vulnerable and pushed her to shift gears.

Gabby kind of came off as a fem fatale with Christian when they were talking and she kept brushing the sand methodically. that scene seemed like something out of psychic thriller.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
psychic thriller - LOL, Pamy. Yeah, it was a bit creepy and a great one-liner by Christian.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: