TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Todd Herzog - Survivor China

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor General Information: Todd Herzog - Survivor China users admin

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I don't doubt this at all.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/survivor-todd-herzog-dr-phil-drunk/

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Wow. Sad and disgusting are the words that come to my mind, if true.

Here's the link to the original story.

Dr. Phil says he rescues people from addiction. Others say his show puts guests’ health at risk

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have seen all the Dr. Phil shows with Todd Herzog on them. He was almost at death's door...BOTH times he was on Dr. Phil, including one time when Dr. Phil showed up on his doorstep. His family begged Dr. Phil to help him. Personally I have a hard time believing this story. Having had way too much experience with an alcoholic, in my experience lying is part of their desperate attempt to keep feeding their addiction. If Todd Herzog is sober and healthy today it is because Dr. Phil did not give up on him and leave him to die in a pile of his own vomit.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Rosie, if you read the article I linked to, near the end of it, he does thank Dr. Phil. It was his third try with him and he wanted help then.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
And that's the thing...until an addict really wants help for his or herself all the intervention in the world is not likely to do anything at all...I wish Mr. Herzog well and hope he stays sober because he truly was close to death.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I found the video of the other women very compelling, how she was told what to say and not to basically "talk back" to Dr. Phil or her daughter would be denied help. So basically she let herself be misrepresented and berated by Dr. Phil on TV on the hopes of getting her daughter help. I don't like that the show is maniupulating and exploiting people in desperate need, even if they can claim that the vast majority are getting help. It's still wrong.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If you have ever watched Dr. Phil you will have seen there is no shortage of "talking back."

Thing is you are dealing with very dysfunctional people here... so you have to take that into account. And they are the beneficiaries of some really great and free treatment.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Glad I read on through the comments here. There is an Origins rehab facility here on South Padre Island, TX, where we have spent winters for about 15 years. I don't know much about it, although the facility is on expensive property. It doesn't make the news, and I have never researched it, but often wonder just what they do and how effective it is.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm jealous of juju - South Padre is beautiful!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: