TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 26, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXV - Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers: 5th Show, Oct 25: Archive through October 26, 2017 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"The past will eat you alive"

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I look so forward to Wed eve because of this show!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
No spoilers???? I was hoping to know who got sent home!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Survivor 2017 Week 5: Reward Challenge

Who wants to roll around in the sand with your legs and arms bound together? What if there were coffee and donuts waiting at the other end? Exactly. After rolling the ball along the beach with just their heads the tribes will have to shoot five baskets.

Tribes will each sit out a player on the Yellow and Red tribes, but they better choose carefully because whoever sits out for this comp won’t be eligible to sit for the upcoming Immunity Challenge. Everyone on Blue will be competing since they’re down one castaway. Chrissy and Lauren sit out for their tribes.

Survivor 2017 Week 5: Immunity Challenge

This is going to be a tough one, as it should. Two of the tribes will again be dropping a castaway on the side while four for each group will be competing. Mike and Ryan sit out for their respective tribes.

Those in on the action will head in toward the beach while grabbing three large bags of rice along the way. Next, they’ll have to shove those oversized bags through a small hole, climb a wall, and drag it on to the shore. It isn’t over yet either. Next, they’ll tear open the rice bags, retrieve the balls inside, and work them up a holey wall to secure the win.

Blue is way behind here as Red and Yellow are already working on the balance beam in the water with the rice bags. But wait, here comes Blue catching up and it’s pretty even between the tribes. Now Blue is in the lead!

Blue is already working on the holey wall while Red is catching up and starting their turn on the wall. Yellow is finally catching up. Now remember that there are three balls to get up the wall and one person can only score one ball each, something to force the tribes to spread the effort.

Red has the lead here for the win needing just one more while the other two tribes each have just one of their three…

Red wins Immunity! Blue gets 2nd. Yellow loses.

Heading in to Tribal we’re hearing on Soko that the main targets are Chrissy and Roark. Ryan figures out he’s in the pivot position and will decide which of those two to eliminate.

Jeff reveals the votes: Chrissy, Roark, Chrissy, Roark, & Roark.

Roark Luskin was voted off Survivor.

http://survivorfandom.com/survivor-results-who-was-voted-off-survivor-2017-10-25-320182/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I can't believe that they voted off Roark, I haven't even figured out who she is, LOL. That seems like a bit of a waste.

But I haven't seen the show so maybe she was the weakest one on the team.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well they did show a lot more of Roark tonight. I guess they had to show her.

It was much more a strategic social vote than voting off the weakest challenge player.

Remarkable how strong Levu was in the challenges without Alan.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I watched it a little later so I didn't see it in real time.

It was Ryan who was the deciding vote - both sides counted him in on their side.

During the first challenge I thought: Wow Cole sure is good looking!
Then they do a bit on him and his gross eating habits!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I don’t like Chrissy at all. Someone, Roark or Desi, should have challenged her when at tribal she said she asked if anyone else wanted to give it a try. She never said anything like that.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
We haven't seen her before, but during TC Roark did come off as kind of smug. She wasn't worried about being voted out. Blindside.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Roark definitely got 'played' and she fell right into Chrissy's trap, but I didn't think her as being smug as much as I thought she was being terribly naive. And almost to the point of sounding really dumb.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The look on Roark's face when she realized she had a vote....priceless.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I didn’t care if Roark got voted off because I had never even seen her before. Obviously she didn’t add anything to the show.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Chrissy did say, during the competition, that somebody else could take over.

Alexandra took over and got one ball in.

Then Chrissy took it back and got nothing in. When Roark offered to do it Chrissy ignored her and the team went on to lose.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I remember it the same as Dogdoc. Fairly early in the competition, Chrissy asked a couple of times if someone would take over and no one stepped up. Then, near the very end, someone asked to take over and Chrissy didn't want to give up at that point.

I'm enjoying the show but something seems to be missing this season. Maybe it's that there is no big controversial player. All the tribe members seem pretty nice and pretty generic. Which is nice but it also means there is less for us to talk about.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I blame it on having three tribes. It's very hard to get to know these people when the tribes are smaller and two tribes win immunity. If they were in two tribes, then when the losing team goes back to camp we would get to see strategy from 8 or 9 players as opposed to 5 or 6 players. I have always hated starting the show with three tribes. Here we were at Week 5 and it was Roark's first TC. If we had started the season off with two tribes, chances are very good she would have been to TC before the fifth week.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
This year I feel like I'm not connected to the people at all. I really did not like the disadvantage advantage. Also, they shouldn't mix up tribes this early. It's hard to figure out who's with who. Also it does not give them enough time to build up storylines for tribes.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm definitely not a Joe fan though...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I like Devon and Ryan, Ben also.

It's funny that we don't want repeats, but it does make it easier to get up to speed more quickly.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I agree with Lexie.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, you are right. I forgot Chrissy did ask in the very beginning. I just remember Roark asking her a couple of times if she could try and Chrissy not hearing her or ignoring her.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I'm with you about Joe. Not a fan at all.

Ben is now my favorite. My son has PTSD too so I will root for Ben every chance I get.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
I agree with everyone about this season not being up to par. It's been hard for me to keep up with who's with who on what tribe. Like 2 tribes better.

And poor old Ryan! He looked like he was about dead at the end of that challenge. And did he find an idol and stuff it in his pants?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
They should be merging pretty soon... right? Probably not next week, but maybe the week after?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that the three tribes don't work well. Plus then they switched them around. Then the idols and twists. Not a lot of continuity.

Ben's comments about PTSD were very heartfelt.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I like the 3 tribes only because there is no pagonging. If there was only a way to have 2 tribes and no pagonging. Even when there were only 2 tribes, there were a lot of cast members that we didn't get to know until half way through the game.

I wish the tribes had names that were easy to remember. That's where I get into trouble remembering things. Thank goodness for the banner at the top of this page. :-)