TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
4th Show, Oct 18

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXV - Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers: 4th Show, Oct 18 users admin

"I Don't Like Having Snakes Around"

Survivor
Survivor (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 18, 2017Sassyza25 10-18-17  6:05 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Peapod

01-31-2004

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peapod a private message Print Post    
So did Jessica know that the advantage was actually a disadvantage?

Peapod

01-31-2004

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peapod a private message Print Post    
Was she trying to get Devon out or trying to curry favor for later in the game?

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Watched tonight and hated that advantage. It was so unfair that Devon didn’t get to read it before using it.
One thing I noticed tonight and I had to look at the banner at the top to see who this one girl was. Who the heck is Roark? I have never seen her or even seen her name in print on the screen...lol

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Me too!! never heard of her!!

I hated the advantage/disadvantage tonight. I hate when someone, thru no fault of their own.. gets crapped on. ALthough, had it worked to get Joe out somehow I would have loved it. Sad to see Allen go.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
great ep! Alan left with class!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Peapod, Jessica wanted to ensure her teammates from the original yellow tribe stayed in tact, so she wanted to block his vote so he wouldnt vote against themm, she wasnt trying to ensure Devon go home.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Devon seems an odd choice to vote-block. I would think she would have chosen Alan or Ashley as one could assume they'd vote as a block. Seems strange to me.

I don't like the vote-block advantage. Your vote is the main power you have out there and to have it taken away by a faceless person is just UGH.

And yes, who is this Roark person?! LOL.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Funny, I had wanted Alan gone, but tonight I wanted Joe gone.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 3:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Last night was very confusing. When did Roark and Desi show up in the game?

I don't think Cole has a clue how to play this game - or he has the biggest mouth ever.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I wasn’t a fan of Alan prior to last night. However, like Sea, by the end of last night’s show, I was hoping it would be Joe instead. Alan did leave in a classy way and I liked his goodbye speech.

Although she was hurt, it’s probably a good thing that Jessica found out that Cole is untrustworthy sooner rather than later.

It’s funny how none of us had even noticed Roark.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
i do a survivor pool at work and this year at the bottom of the pool spreadsheet I wrote that the person that got Roark wouldnt win...no one named Roark will win survivor LOL

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, not just Roark. I had no clue who Desi was. Was last night her first confessional?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I did not understand the so-called advantage either.

I thought Jessica said that with the advantage you could block somebody's vote. (That is how it worked before).

I thought she wanted to help Devon.

How did she get it in has bag? Does production do that? She could not have gone into his camp and put it there.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Alan Ball talks 'Survivor' -- I think Joe Mena was really intimidated and threatened by me

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-alan-ball-talks-survivor----i-think-joe-mena-was-really-intimidated-and-threatened-by-me-22952.php

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
How did she get it in has bag? Does production do that? She could not have gone into his camp and put it there.

That's what I want to know too.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
My guess is that the Camera Crew is kinda 'hanging around' all the time & quite able to slip a tiny note into someone's bag that they have been camera-ing as to who belongs with which bag.

No need for Producers to show up and make a BIG production about it. They sure wouldn't want THAT.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And they have time during competitions, when the camps are empty.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree, I dislike the "advantage".

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I thought that was extremely unfair too. Here's the explanation:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Tell us about the idea for the first time to put a disadvantage into play at Tribal Council where someone (in this case, Devon) thought he had a big advantage, only to then find out the horrible truth that he was not allowed to vote.

JEFF PROBST: This is the season of secrets. The idea is to add another layer to the game. The original note was an advantage. Jessica could block a vote. That’s an advantage. The second layer was, if she did not go to Tribal she could block a vote of someone who was going to tribal. This is where it gets really fun. A secret “advantage” (which it is) shows up in Devon’s bag. Anybody would assume this is a good thing. And that’s what Devon assumed. But it’s all about perspective. It is definitely an advantage — for Jessica — to be used against Devon. She wisely wanted to protect her own and disrupt the others.

There is more here:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/19/survivor-jeff-probst-heroes-healers-hustlers-episode-4/

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
In the future, players may decide to no longer use anonymous unknown "advantages".

Indybarb

06-25-2005

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Indybarb a private message Print Post    
But, I read somewhere that that was said to Jeff about them not using an "Advantage". He said it HAD to be opened and he would have hinted to Alan to open it if he did not do so.

Indybarb

06-25-2005

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Indybarb a private message Print Post    
Sorry, meant Devon

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, Jeff's idea of fun is different from mine.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, this one was not a choice. She had the option to block a vote and she chose his.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Friday, October 20, 2017 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Really do not like all the advantages/disadvantages this year. Makes it almost impossible to have a game plan in place. I was totally loss last night trying to figure out everything.

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I would like to know if she knew how it would work? I assumed she thought she was passing on an advantage, that he would then get to block someone's vote. I didn't like the way it played out, but I did like his initial reaction - "that's NOT an advantage!"

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I'm soo confused with this season. Not getting to know all the people....the advantages/disadvantages are impossible to follow. They spend too much time on a few people and then someone else pops up that we've never really seen before. Now there are 3 new tribes. Not enjoying this year soo much.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think if she misunderstood, thinking it *was* an advantage to whomever she gave it to, she would have given to one of her old teammates. So I'm confident she knew it was a disadvantage to whoever she gave it to. It's just odd to me that she gave it to the obvious swing vote as he was the solo member from his old team. I would think giving it to the other pair from the other team would have been a better play. It worked out okay for her in the end anyways because of the idol play. I really do not like having teams interfere blindly with other teams tribals.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
This season is confusing to me too. I don't like when they mix things up this much. Also, they really aren't properly building up storylines so that we can get to know people. It seems like they focus on one or two people and then try to blindside us in the tribal council. It doesn't make the show fun at all when you can't properly appreciate the strengths and tactics of everyone.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
she understood. she discussed with tribe who to send it to.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Alan Ball talks 'Survivor' -- Why I didn't put the target on Ashley Nolan or Devon Pinto to save my game

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-alan-ball-talks-survivor----why-i-didnt-put-target-on-ashley-nolan-or-devon-pinto-save-my-game-22955.php

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: