TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 13, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXV - Philippines: General Discussion: Archive through December 13, 2012 users admin

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
So what if the final three are in Lisa's tribe? .. How will the "Walk o torches" go? >>> The first four voted off .. we didn't know them .. only saw them at challenges... guess they were nice?

Catfat

02-27-2002

Sunday, November 18, 2012 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
I had an aunt in Arizona who died of West Nile Virus, but she wasn't on television or anything. She lived on a farm with lots of canals and irrigation ditches.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Sunday, November 18, 2012 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
They didn't do the walk the last survivor. I don't know if they are doing that any more.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, November 18, 2012 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I think they probably always do the walk - it just doesn't always make the cut onto the show. But they need it for footage just in case there's not enough interesting stuff going on.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
And what makes them think "the walk" is interesting? Not to me -

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know where Abi is from? The CBS site only says she is a Business Student in LA - nothing more. She's making such a big deal of not being an original English speaker, but I can't find out where she's actually from? (Somehow, I have a feeling she's not doing her culture any favors!)

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I think she is a Brasilera - at least that is what her accent sounds like to me. And being a b!t(h is NOT a cultural thing!

Another reason I pegged her as being from Brazil is her attitude - typical of las Brasileras!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Thanks!

I have a Brazilian student this year, and she is the sweetest thing! Not at ALL like Abi (thank goodness!). :-) My student's accent is different, but I imagine that could just be a different region thing - the country is certainly large enough to have as wide of variety of accents as we do in the US.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
During the first ep, I think, not certain though, that Abi or Jeff P said she was from Brazil.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I too remember someone announcing she was from Brazil.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, December 03, 2012 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
When does the last episode air? I just invited people over for dinner on the 19th and then it occurred to me that this might be the last show. Pleassseee tell me it is not. : - )

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, December 03, 2012 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Roblover, according to the CBS schedule, the finale is Sunday, December 16. So the 19th is good for you.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, December 03, 2012 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Thank you so much, Merrysea! Big sigh of relief here.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I am shocked to find out that Abi is 32! I like her even less now. I can't stand her, but was giving her a little leeway thinking she was in her early 20s. I just assumed she was much younger due to her immature selfish behavior.

In his interview (links in our other threads here), Jonathan Penner's last question was re Abi and how annoying she is. At least he said she was annoying but he doesn't think she is a bad person. So, for me, she isn't quite as awful as I thought, especially when I learned she is 32. She is still pretty awful though. I'm so glad I'm don't know her in real life.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow. I would have guessed Abi to be early twenties at most.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
When I found out the other day that Abi was 32, that made her more awful than I originally thought she was.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
She's 32? Yikes! Yes, she's more awful than I thought. She should have matured a bit more than she has. She's just one of those mean self-centered people that may never get it.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
This is totally random, but I was looking at the b/w pictures above and thinking about how long it seems like this season has been. Like it seems like it's been forever since we've seen that Roxy chick. Man was I happy to see her go. She was such a negative sour puss. And Angie, lol bless her heart but she was NOT cut out for this game...although I will agree with Malcolm that things could have gone very different for her had she been on another team or even another season. If she'd been on a team with hardly any losses she would kind of blended in more and could have taken a role that Abi did, often sitting out of challenges if need be, and I think her weaknesses might not have been as apparent. But with being on the decimated tribe that she was---she was asked to take a much more physical role than she might have been required to otherwise, thus exposing her as a major weakness to the team.

As always I will enjoy seeing the reunion. Have they extended it longer than an hour yet? I never thought one hour was enough time to do a proper reunion!

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
If you live in the SoCal market, The Jeff Probst show this Wednesday, Dec 12th, will have the Final 5, at 2 PM...channel 4.

http://www.jeffprobst.com/...

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Longbeach, for posting that. I set my dvr to record it.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 1:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I set my DVR for it too. And I'm not even in the SoCal market!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
DVR is set for 2p in the Las Vegas market (Cox Cable on ABC).

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
They all clean up nicely.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 12:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Quick question. So next episode is the 2 hour finale. Is that including the reunion?? Or is the reunion a separate hour? It better be!!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 1:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
My DVR indicates a 2 hour finale, in addition to a 1 hour reunion. IIRC, that's how it's been for a while now.