TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Rupert's money is all gone!

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor General Information: Rupert's money is all gone! users admin

Texannie

07-16-2001

Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Rupert has "spent every penny" of the $1 million he won after Survivor All-Stars.
At the end of Survivor All-Stars, the audience voted to give Rupert Boneham $1 million, and he's already burned through it -- and the $120,000 he received as prize money for that show and Survivor Pearl Islands. Of the money, he says, "Spent it all. Spent every penny of it." Lest you think he spent it on hookers and crank, the Philadelphia Daily News' Ellen Gray runs down his expenses. They start with a $520,000 tax payment. Next, "$110,000 [went] to a college fund for his daughter in a tax-free account," and he also spent "about $150,000" on his mother's house. Rupert also gave "$100,000 for Rupert's Kids in his hometown, Indianapolis," and says he spent "a couple of hundred thousand for me for our new house."
http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/

Max

08-12-2000

Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Max a private message Print Post    
Good for him! Sounds like he spent it very wisely. :-)

Rupertbear

09-19-2003

Friday, July 23, 2004 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info, Annie.

Lol, guess he's never heard of investing for the future but if he's happy that's the important thing and I believe he has a very big heart. :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I would consider putting money in a college fund for his daughter investing in the future. Sounds like he needed better tax advice (sorry, I work for tax lawyers - it really warps your way of thinking..LOL).

Fruitbat

08-07-2000

Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fruitbat a private message Print Post    
Roxip, he was handed the check with the taxes already deducted. The final amount is not a design from Rupert or a tax advisor he has hired.

Spygirl

04-23-2001

Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spygirl a private message Print Post    
I would say that buying 2 homes and putting money aside for a college fund for his daughter is investing in the future. Homes typically appreciate in value and build equity...and going to college seems obviously future focused.

Kaili

08-31-2000

Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
I would say it sounds like good spending. Generous and practical. Obviously $1 million doesn't go as far as we woul;d all like to think, but houses can be pretty expensive and they can be a great investment. His daughter certainly is a great investment.

Knowing me, I'd have a really great vacation, bills paid off, a good down payment on a house, and my parents and grandma would get some money or something that they need. After that, who knows what would be left? I'd do something with animals but in a different way. my mom would love to have an animal sanctuary kind of thing and she has a ton of land so maybe that would be both a charitable kind of thing and something for my mom.

Hootyhoot

12-18-2001

Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hootyhoot a private message Print Post    
I love seeing Rupert in the commercials for the new Survivor. I imagine they are paying him well and I bet he has found other opportunities to make some money out of his Survivor fame. Does he have a web site?

Kaili

08-31-2000

Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
Rupert's website

Kappy

06-29-2002

Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
When you first read the headline of this thread, it sounds like he threw it all away. However it sounds to me like he invested very wisely in real estate and his child's future and still had some to give to the kids. So I think he did pretty good. In some parts of California, you can barely buy a small house in the worst section of town for less then $200,000 so I agree that a million after taxes doesn't go that far in today's economy. Of course, with half a million, I'd be tempted to move elsewhere ~ except for Florida.

Oh, and thanks, Texannie, for the report!

Kep421

08-11-2001

Monday, September 27, 2004 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
That sounds like my Rupert...

He spent the money where he thought it would do the most good and still bring comfort to those he loves.

Way to go Rupie!!!!

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
It did sound like he spent his money fast, but he did it wisely. Way to go Rupert.

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Monday, November 29, 2004 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
FYI: Rupert Boneham ("Survivor All-Stars") joins Rob Cesternino ("Survivor All-Stars") and Scott Zakarin (TheFishbowl) for the "Reality Now" radio show on Tuesday, November 30th, at 1PM (PT) / 4PM (ET) to discuss his "Survivor" adventures. Sign on to the chat during the radio show - you can ask Rupert about his Million Dollar Fan Favorite Win and what he has been doing since "All-Stars".
If you can't be there for the live show, be sure to go back later in the evening to listen to the archives.

Deena Bennet ("Survivor Amazon ") joins hosts Rob Cesternino and Jenna Lewis ("Survivor All-Stars") on "Survivor Talk" - Friday, December 3rd, at 12:00 PM (PT) / 3:00 PM (ET) - to talk about her experiences in the Amazon and her thoughts about "Survivor Vanuatu". Chat Fans - get your questions ready for this survivalist. Ask Deena about her time in the Amazon and how this mother and wife adjusted to life in the states after trying to become the ultimate Survivor. More importantly, ask Deena to dish the dirt on her fellow Survivor Contestant and our radio co-host, Rob!!

www.thefishbowl.com

Marameko

07-15-2002

Friday, September 16, 2005 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Rupert spent the money wisely.

Mameblanche

04-13-2005

Friday, September 16, 2005 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ITA with KEP. :-)

Rupertbear

09-19-2003

Monday, January 23, 2006 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear a private message Print Post    
Oh, thanks for the update Spear...I'm soooo happy for my big guy! Yay! :-)

Ryn

07-13-2000

Friday, May 12, 2006 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ryn a private message Print Post    
I wish I had read this before today..... he was walking around the Indianapolis Speedway with a camera following him - not sure why...

rupertandryn

Heyltslori

09-15-2001

Friday, May 12, 2006 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heyltslori a private message Print Post    
Ryn that is so cool!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 12, 2006 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Who is the guy with Ryn?

(Just kidding - great picture. It must have been fun meeting him!)

Landi

07-29-2002

Friday, May 12, 2006 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landi a private message Print Post    
i'm happier to see ryn than i am to see rupert! HEY RYN!!! it's almost BB time!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, May 12, 2006 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Great pic!!

Grannyg

05-28-2002

Saturday, May 13, 2006 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grannyg a private message Print Post    
Yay!!! Ryan!! Great pic of both of you!

Mocha

08-12-2001

Saturday, May 13, 2006 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mocha a private message Print Post    
Kool

Kappy

06-29-2002

Monday, July 24, 2006 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Way cool, Ryn! And glad to see Rupert continuing to do so well.

Roppiepie

05-06-2004

Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roppiepie a private message Print Post    
I am positive that Rupert is a cast member of Mark Burnett's new show, "Pirate Masters", starting in May!!! I've watched the trailer several times!

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
$520,000 tax payment... is that why the army is the best in the world? guess he did not win 1 mil after all and with the cost of living he did spend the rest wisely.

make do with what you have!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Wow Ryn, cool!!!

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Monday, May 17, 2010 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
It's sad when you can't even keep HALF of what you win. Yet they keep giving multi-gazillionaires huge tax credits. I think there should a one time tax execption where you are taxed at a lower amount. That is just WRONG IMHO. But does sound like he spent it wisely.

BTW I stumbled on an interesting series of videos on YouTube earlier. Did you guys know Rupert appeared on the Israeli Survivor? LOL it was funny sort of unintentionally. I wish there were subtitles on it, but least he speaks in English and the host and constestants speak in English to him. Here's the link if anyone wants to see..it's 3 parts;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9O72JmEUIw&feature=related

Mgmriver

04-27-2009

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mgmriver a private message Print Post    
A million dollars can go fast even when your not using it for frivolous thing. I say they need to up the payment for next season.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Ryn you're so handsome thanks for the pic of Rupert!!

Love the link Lurk thankies to you too!!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Guess who's running for Governor of Indiana?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: