TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 21, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXXI - Cambodia: Second Chance: General Discussions (Was The Returning Contestants): Archive through May 21, 2015 users admin

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Interestingly, I don't see Mike campaigning any where....just saying. :-)

MIKE FOR THE WIN!

This was on Vytas' FB wall:

Our yoga practice guides us through the vicissitudes of life. No matter how good or bad things seem to get, coming to the mat will always help with perspective.
I'm teaching for one more week before I possibly leave town for two months. Come practice!
www.vytasyoga.com/schedule

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
T-Bird was one of my votes, too. I have to say that I vaguely recalled some of them and had to watch several videos before voting.

Solitaryphoenix

11-08-2008

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Solitaryphoenix a private message Print Post    
ARGH! Stupid CBS site let me vote for the guys, but it keeps telling me "Error accured, please vote again" - they can't spell 'occurred' and it's really irritating to keep getting an error message!!!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Rob Cesternino has interviewed 25 of the potential survivors on his podcast...

http://robhasawebsite.com/

Each interview lasts about 50 minutes... I admit that after listening to several I have changed my vote. I'm not voting for Joe... mainly because I think he's a shoo-in and I want to give some of the guys who are on the bubble a better chance.

I struggle to pick 10 women. I've got 8...

I'm picking personalities. I think it's going to be a great season!!

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like Terry Deitz, Woo Hwang, Matthew von Ertfelda and Ian Rosenberger got the highest scores.

Picking the 20: A Statistics-Based Argument for Who Should Make the Upcoming ‘Survivor’ Second-Chance All-Stars Season

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/picking-the-20-a-statistics-based-argument-for-who-should-make-the-upcoming-survivor-second-chance-all-stars-season/

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Who got on the show ... Season 31
Alphabetically

Men

Joe Anglin
Vytas Baskautas
Spencer Bledsoe
Jeremy Collins
Terry Deitz
Stephen Fishbach
Woo Hwang
Keith Nale
Andrew Savage
Jeff Varner

Women:

Ciera Eastin
Tasha Fox
Abi-Maria Gomes
Kimmi Kappenberg
Peih-Gee Law
Kass McQuillan
Shirin Oskooi
Monica Padilla
Kelley Wentworth
Kelly Wiglesworth

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Kelly was my first choice with Spencer and Jeremy being close behind. I'm rooting for them starting right now!

I think production made sure Kass and Abi made it. Bah humbug!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just hope people like Kass and Abi get voted out before people like Joe and Shirin..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In wonder which guy got in because Mike won tonight?

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I hate it that Shirin is getting a second chance. I don't know if I can put up with her constant inane chatter again...or how they'll put up with it either! I also thought her bitterness at the reunion show was unbecoming.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I believe that Shirin is still in the middle of dealing with post-traumatic stress from childhood.

I'm not sure that we can judge her actions on the show. She does not seem centered in herself yet. It seems hard for her to forgive. Also, I believe she did not receive a genuine heartfelt apology from Will even on the show.

Deep childhood trauma is very difficult to overcome and I applaud her. She is trying to grow into a spokesperson against domestic violence. For her, it think it is a mechanism to move forward from her history.

I think this experience is very good for her. It gives her a first step towards a new outlook on life.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here is today's EW.com article about Survivor: Cambodia, with the new cast revealed

Article is by Dalton Ross

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/20/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-cast-revealed

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Interesting dynamic for this next season. Usually they have already shot it by the time the finale of the previous season airs, which means that the contestants who are from the previous season are unknowns if they go to the following show. This year everybody has seen everybody else's season so players like Joe and Shirin are already known. Will this make them targets or will this make them more trusted in alliances?

I could have lived forever without seeing Ciera on my television again. She was one of the most unlikeable people I have ever watched.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to a "Meet the Cast" article at EW.com. It has 20 slides, so each cast member is introduced and interviewed separately with great pictures.

http://www.ew.com/gallery/survivor-second-chance-cast

At the end of the article the public can post their remarks, and some of the posts will be very interesting to read if you care to. Basically the same things we have posted in here .... I like so-and-so, I'm disappointed so-and-so didn't make it, So-and-so should not have made it over so-and-so............those types of remarks.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I could have lived out my entire life without ever seeing Cass, Shirin and Abi again. Lord help me.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Abi and Cierra are the ones that surprise me. I didn't like either of them. Ugh. Kass I did enjoy. She's sharp as a tack. I look forward to seeing her play again.

I really hope they don't vote out Joe right away, knowing how loved he is and how good he is at challenges. He likely has a big target.

I agree that Will didn't seem to give a heartfelt apology even last night. I can see why Shirin is bitter toward him. His apology felt very holier than thou, telling her about forgiveness and God. And his wife yelling from the audience made it look even worse. Shame on you Will. I'm glad to see Shirin play again.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I really wanted to see Jim Rice and Shane Powers... and Sabrina and T-Bird.

I'm really glad that there are really zero young girls out there... Monica Padilla is really the only 1 that got in... I don't put Kelley Wentworth into that category, she has game knowledge. Maybe the producers/casters will take notice that the viewers did not VOTE them in... we really aren't interested in seeing young 20-somethings who get dragged to the end. The people want to see people who know the game and want to play it.

Looking forward to seeing Jeremy, Terry, and Savage play... the alpha-males... Then Fishback and Spencer... the strategists... over-thinking everything. And I want to see if Keith has learned anything... and I'd like to see Woo play more aggressively.

Am wishing Kelly Wiglesworth wasn't there... I don't think she has a clue how to play...

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
But, the first time Kelly Wiglesworth played was Season 1. I am certain that she's learned a lot about strategy since then.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I really wanted Jim rice too. :-( Sierra is pretty young, but yes, nice to see many mature people playing the game. I'm really excited to see Jeff Varner play again.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
In all the interviews I've read and listened to with Kelly leading up to this vote... she says she most looking to the experience... experiencing the location and camp-life... but not playing the "game"... the first season the mere mention of an alliance was looked down on... if that is indeed how she plays it then I hope she's gone first so those who are interested in playing... can play.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Yea... I didn't want to see Ciera either...

I'm super excited that everyone has had the opportunity to see everyone else's game-play...

I agree that Shirin is still in the healing-dealing process... she's still got some work to do but I think she's taking the right steps in order to heal herself. Who knows how much of her childhood she shared with others... now she story is out there and she doesn't have to hide it anymore... I think by talking about it publicly has helped her heal. I LOVED the looks on everyone's faces when she announced that she had made her FIRST million at the age of 25!!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Some of those players (Jeff Varner for instance) are definitely not in the same shape as their original seasons, not to mention have more years on them. I wonder how that will affect their games when they have to depend more on strategy and social interactions than on physical strength.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ciera didn't bother me that much. Now I could have gone the rest of my life without ever seeing Kass. I hope my instincts are wrong about them keeping her all season long as the goat, but if you are going to drag someone to the end she's the one you want to drag. I could never get over how vile and vicious she was in her confessionals. She was brutal.

I'm disappointed that Jim Rice and Shane Powers didn't make it.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
While I'm glad he made it to the second chance season, I will miss Stephen Fishbach's column.

Alaginger

07-11-2002

Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alaginger a private message Print Post    
Here you go Mamabatsy........Stephen's last article, released just moments before he found out if he was going on the bus or not.....

http://www.people.com/article/survivor-worlds-apart-stephen-fishbach-blog-finale