TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussions

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXIX: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water II: General Discussions users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
A place for general discussions (not spoilers).

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Okay...I didn't know where to put this but did anyone else know that Matt from Survivor: RI is an actor?? You know...Matt who spent a gazillion years by himself on RI and survived amazingly well, won himself a place in the game again and was painfully tossed right back to RI? (I had a lot of respect for him! Plus he was one of a few Christians on Survivor that I thought represented his faith well)

Anyway, I was reading an article about the Lifetime movie Petals In the Wind, the sequel to Flowers In the Attic and his name didn't strike a bell. He goes by Wyatt Nash now. But they explained that he used to go by Matt Elrod and was on Survivor. Apparently Wyatt is his middle name and Nash is part of Nashville (did he grow up there?) so he changed his name when he broke into the biz because he didn't want his Survivor past to to give him a leg up, he wanted to work his way to where he is now.

The article also said he was on Pretty Little Liars and Rake, neither of which I've never seen. But I am looking forward to seeing his acting chops on Petals in the Wind because I did like reading that book series when I was a kid. Plus he's kind of a looker haha

Anyway I was just curious if anyone else knew this because it kinda blew my mind!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking he changed his name, not because he didn't want a leg up, but because it actually is kind of frowned on amoung "real" actors to be a reality TV personality. My daughter and I watch Pretty Little Liars and I don't recall him at all. I'm going to have to go goggle a bit... Okay, WOW! I didn't recognize him at all on PLL. Now that I know who he is, I guess it's the lack of long hair. He's very handsome. I'm looking forward to Petals on the Wind too -- I didn't really like the movie adaptaion of the first books -- both were so corny, but I read those books as a tween so it will be fun to see the second one made into a movie, finally.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
This is the link I found for his information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyatt_Nash

I was looking at pictures and thinking the smile looked different but I guess it is him. IMDB doesn't have all the info like wiki does.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Certainly it is him, and of course he would be an actor. That's who Survivor was casting during that period. I am hoping that this last go-round of having actual real people was not a fluke, and they do not go back to just casting actors.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I read 2 of the contestants had to drop out because of illness before filming began. They said now they will be starting out with 18, and an uneven number of men and women. They did not say who it was.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, June 05, 2014 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
No Redemption Island this season!

06-29-2002

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Just a reminder to all that we need a link to article sources and it must only be a short excerpt of the article. Otherwise we have to remove them. Thanks for understanding.

Spear

08-05-2001

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
http://deadline.com/2014/08/survivor-strike-mark-burnett-editors-cbs-reality-show-818767/

A day after the Motion Picture Editors Guild notified the producers of Survivor that its editors wanted a union contract, the postproduction crew has walked off the veteran reality show. “The post crew of CBS’ #Survivor has walked off the job, halting post for an IATSE contract,” the guild tweeted late this morning. Picketing lines have been set up outside the Santa Monica HQ of Island Post Productions.
[...]

Spear

08-05-2001

Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Well, that was quick. The page from the link above has been updated:

EXCLUSIVE UPDATE, 10:03 PM: It’s not a tribal council but it is a move towards a vote. After less than 12 hours, the strike by Survivor editors and other postproduction staff is over. Mark Burnett’s Island Post Productions has agreed to union recognition for the two dozen or so postproduction staff who walked off the job today.
[...]

Lorie

08-29-2003

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorie a private message Print Post    
I just read on facebook that Natalie and Nadya from the Amazing Race will be on this season of Survivor..........

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Meet the cast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnl3nTQr5LE

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
LOL John Rocker - I've met him a few times (my cousin pitched with him for the Braves). He's every bit as crazy as his reputation. Looking forward to seeing what he does.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Not the "twinnies"! Ugh.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, September 06, 2014 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja, for the link above!

I was under the impression that we were going to see almost all "repeats" or "cbs recasts". The only ones I recognize are the twinnies and Laura & Ciera.

Are there any other repeaters that I missed?

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Saturday, September 06, 2014 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Laura & Ciera aren't in this cast. They were just used to show the drama from the last Blood vs. Water.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
I agree.....the "twinnies"....Ugh!! My least favorite team on Amazing Race! I hope they're out as soon as they were the 2nd time around on AR.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Merrysea! I really did NOT want to see Ciera again!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Jeff said the "twinnies" were so well liked and will be so much fun from Amazing Race. Well I, for one, don't care if I ever see them or HEAR them again. They annoy the heck out of me and I don't think I would enjoy seeing them on Survivor. Hope they get booted off soon.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Agreed Auntiemike! I'll never forget I think they were at their worst when they were on that one challenge where they had to patch up a city bus in india or something. They had to put a putty like paste on the side and then properly sand it or something. All the teams struggled with that one but I remember lots of confessionals from other teams talking about how annoying they were when they were saying "go twinnies!" over and over when they weren't arguing and yelling at each other.

I didn't enjoy seeing them multiple times on TAR and I'm not looking forward to seeing them on Survivor. Hope they go soon!

Jushvnfn

07-29-2006

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jushvnfn a private message Print Post    
Just noticed TVGN is showing a preview tonight 10 o'clock eastern time.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
If this doesn't post as a link, just copy and paste. It's TVGN's preview on youtube.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsku5cKM8T8

I just got through watching. Looks like another good one.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
As I drove past the farming country of Eastern Washington yesterday, I went by Ephrata and gave a "shout out" to Dale. Wondering how he is adjusting to life on the farm after his Survivor adventure.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Auntiemike....that is soo funny because where I came from in PA there is an Ephrata about 50 miles from where I lived. Didn't read Dale's bio and thought he was PA. You learn something new everyday!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert CA Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: