TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 22, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Survivor!: Survivor XXV - Philippines: General Discussion: Archive through June 22, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
A starting thread for general discussions about the upcoming season. LOL - Of course, we have a whole summer first!

Spear

08-06-2001

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
List of medevac'ed players (and thus potential returnees):

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57433747-10391698/survivor-medical-evacuations-who-will-return/

I believe this season has already been taped but I don't read spoilers so my guesses are:

Mike Skupin
James Clement (although this would be his 4th time)
Russell Swan

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
This might be a spoiler, but it's not 100% confirmed.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/
survivor_philippines/2012_Apr_17_three-tribes-returnees

I believe this list. All three were noted in the previews. Mike was very very popular and has been asked to return before (but too busy). Russell (severe dehydration, collapsed at a challenge, was seen as the leader of his tribe, always made sure his tribe had water even when he went without). Jonathon is an advid blogger all things Survivor and stopped mysteriously about 8 weeks ago...Rob C noted this on a podcast back then...hmm....

The possible tribe colors may also correspond to their buffs when they were removed. I remember Russell being purple (Russell S in Samoa). Jonathon started purple but was yellow when taken out (Micronesia aka Fans vs Fav). However, Mike was still on the blue buff when he was evacuated from Australia (although the tribes merged that same evening into orange buffs).

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'd be happy to see Mike and Jonathon, Russell I didn't care for, unless the dehyrdation was making him a little crazy, the whole power of being in charge of the tribe seemed to go to his head. Everytime I see that footage of Mike and his hands I feel ill. Jonathon I can remember really liking and thought he would go far.

Just as long as it isn't Colton.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I read an interview by Jeff after Colton was evacuated that Colton would probably never be asked back.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Yay. I'd be quite happy to never see or hear from Colton again.

I really wonder if they'd bring back James for a 4th time and Jonathan Penner for a 3rd. I seriously doubt they'd bring James back. 4 times just seems so unfair. I really hope they bring Jonathan back. He is one of my all time fav Survivors. Wish I'd known about his blog. I would have read every entry.

I would like to see Courtney Moon return. She seemed interesting.

The only thing I remember about Mike Skupin was that he fell into the fire and burned his hands. And that he was on a very early season of Survivor.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I remember that Mike was a keen outdoorsman who greatly enjoyed the survival aspect of Survivor. He was also very likeable and played a good social game. Of course, being on Season 2, everyone was still learning the ins and outs of game play.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I think Survivor has run it's course, because they have done this before. They must not be able to get new people to be on the show so they have to get the old ones to come back. I think they should just cancel this show.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
wow, i totally disagree! the reason is that these players are beloved! mike skupin was one of my absolute favorite players of all seasons (behind Colby Donaldson of course!) and I enjoy seeing those kinds of players. I even loved the Russell/Boston Rob just to have Boston Rob shove it in Russell's face! I would gladly watch quite a few more seasons of Survivor.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I love the theme of second chances when illness or injury has taken you out. I think most fans were disappointed when each of these people went out through such means. I look forward to their return and I love that Survivor keeps mixing things up. I hope they decided that 'one world' just didn't work that well.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like this theme as well. I'm already looking forward to the upcoming season!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Sheilaree....Survivor has great ratings...they won't be cancelling. For those of you that don't like it, there are plenty of other channels to watch.

I, too, like this idea...they were ill/injured...give them a chance to come back and play their game :-)

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I never really cared for returning players but I REALLY like the thought behind these three. Second Chances after being medically taken out. Great idea....and it helps that I LOVE each of them, especially Mike.

I'm a Survivor fan and I will probably watch til it goes off the air... LOL

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Loved Russell Swan and Jonathan Penner but couldn't stand holier-than-thou Mike. I really felt bad that he was hurt, but enjoyed the rest of the season much more because he wasn't there.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I liked Russell Swan and Jonathan Penner, but I wasn't watching the year Mike Skupin was on, so he'll be a new player to me.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I like this theme too. I barely watched this season. Once the guys were done I zoned out. This was the first season of Survivor that I didn't watch the final show or after show....I couldn't care less about this season....so so so glad it's over. I can look forward to this upcoming season, some time in fall, yes?

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I probable end up watching to even one of my friends I was talking to about she watch to LOL

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I still want to see one tribe living on one beach. Having them draw for tribes before every group challenge would put a whole new spin on strategy imo.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
ITA Jasper! Or, if TPTB insist on set tribes, put them all on one beach and have them live together for 3 days and then draw for tribes. If they got to know each other, started forming alliances and then ended up on different tribes, that could be very interesting.

In addition to the one beach them, how about, at TC the winning tribe gets to throw in one vote on who to boot on the losing tribe. It would be interesting to see folks try and protect someone from their early alliance on another tribe, yet not tip off their hand when voting as a tribe who their vote would go to.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I don't remember how long it was, but in Palau they ended up living together before being divided into tribes. That's when Stephanie was in an alliance with Tom and Ian, and they would have protected her longer had she not turned on Tom after she merged into their tribe.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
It was Thailand when they lived on the same beach but still as two separate tribes. Shiann thought they were merged and was making alliances outside her tribe (who hated her anyway) so she was the first victim. There were two more challenges before Jeff told them to "drop their buff".

By the time Stephanie got to Tom's tribe, she was the last woman on her tribe.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
In Palau, they started with 20 people, and they all spent the first day together on one beach (and some made alliances). The second day they had the school-yard pick, and Wanda and one of the guys went home (I remember Wanda riding away in the boat wearing her slip). So when Stephenie merged into the other tribe, she had a preexisting alliance; but she decided to try to get Tom out instead of sticking with him, and that didn't work out well for her.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, June 22, 2012 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Do we have a start date for the new season?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 22, 2012 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
TNT, I don't think it starts until some time in September.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, June 22, 2012 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
THanks, Lex! I thought I might have missed something upthread!