TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Shredder machines

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Shredder machines users admin

Treasure

06-26-2002

Friday, May 29, 2020 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
I desperately need a shredder machine but I have never had any luck finding a good one. I have had too others. One was a small one that could be put on any waste basket. It was not big enough for the job and jammed a lot. The next one was bigger with its own basket. It jammed a lot, too. Others I have looked at are so much more expensive and I don't want to pay the big price if it isn't going to do the job.

Help me, please, with any suggestions on paper shredders and best place to find a good one.}

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 29, 2020 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Treasure I feel for you. Wish I could be more help. I've always use the 2nd type you described. I find I'm lucky if they last more than a couple of years. I'm on my 4th or 5th one. It's ridiculous.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, May 29, 2020 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I use a 79Ci Fellowes, which allows up to 10 pages per shred. only jams when I put too many papers at a time, also, I keep the teeth oiled.

Good luck!

Treasure

06-26-2002

Friday, May 29, 2020 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
I think I've seen the Fellowes brand in different sizes. I have a lot of files to shred (related to income tax files of twenty plus years.) How do you oil the teeth?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 29, 2020 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Treasure have you looked into
"Shred It"? I don't know if you have that company in your area but ARF, a pet rescue, has a fund raiser every year where you can take a box of stuff you want shredded and they put it thru a shredder in your presence.

Also, you might check around with some of the realtors in your area, we have one that sponsors and event every year around tax time. Of course you are then on his solicitation list, LOL.

But it might help if you have a bunch to get rid of and then you can get the shredder for the rest.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 29, 2020 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH and I forgot, I don't shred entire documents (unless is it tax or financial info). I cut my name/address, account numbers etc. off the document and just recycle the remainder of the document.

Most of the time there isn't anything of importance in the documents, so then I just have a bag of the critical information that has to be shredded.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Friday, May 29, 2020 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
I will check that out, Dipo. Yeah, I have several boxes full of tax files in the trunk of my car. I need to get rid of all of it. Had to clean things out to start my renovation. Can't carry that stuff in my trunk for ever. ehehe

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, May 29, 2020 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Treasure, join Nextdoor.com and ask your question on there. Somebody might know of a shredding company that is doing it, or somebody might have an unused extra shredder they will lend or sell or give you.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 1:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is a common NextDoor question here.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Thank you all. I did a search and found a lot of useless links. LOL I would click on the link and it would take me to a site that listed more links and I would click on that and it would go to another set of links, none of which had a location listed or a way to find a location. Finally, I found one that would let me go to the actual website. So I went there.

The site asked a few questions which I answered and then a representative called me on the phone. She asked a couple of questions and then said she was connecting me with another representative for a company that would come to my home to do the shredding. Well, the next person on the line was a clerk at a UPS store. He said that he had no idea why he was called. I explained it to him and he said that they did not do any shredding. They use Iron Mountain for their shredding. He was really nice throughout the conversation and then he did some searching on his end. He found a little company right down in Wickenburg, and gave me the phone nr. and the address. I called the number and found that I could take my boxes right down to him and they would hold them safely for the Iron Mountain shredding facility to pick up. Good enough for me. I did take the boxes right down there and watched as they pulled the stuff out of the first two boxes and put them through a slot in the lid of a large locked container. Happy to be rid of all that stuff, boxes and all.

Now that I know they are there, I will be using them again. Once my living room is back in order and I can get to a certain cabinet, I will have access to drawers holding reams of papers for which I have no further use.

The cost for yesterday was $52 for 74 pounds of filled boxes.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
How much is that per pound?

good job, Treasure

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Excellent!! Iron Mountain, I remember them, we used them for the mortgage loan files we had to destroy at work. And we had one of those locked bins too, they do good work!

I can't believe you got bounced around so much. Interesting though, my UPS store does do shredding, they have one of the locked bins. I am sure they mark up the price some.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Rosie, that is about .70 a pound

Yeah, Dipo, I wasn't all that happy about getting shuffled like that, but was very happy with UPS for being so helpful and finding what I needed so close to me. Anything else would have been at least an hours drive away. As in Prescott of Surprise.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Just excellent, Treasure, and likely money well spent. 52 pounds is a LOT of paper.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
LOL Juju, that would be 74 pound and 52 dollars.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, Treasure. And I first had it typed as 74 pounds and changed it! Old age is hell.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: