TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 23, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: 2018 Winter Olympics: Archive through February 23, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
How do you mean, Dipo?

From what I saw earlier, it seemed that their sleds were unusually fast. They seemed to be getting very good times without exceptional driving.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I didn't mean anything, I just thought it was funny that is what the announcer said; and how cool was it that the German woman was new to the event....she probably just went for it and didn't know she wasn't supposed to win.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, Photo with a moose at the french doors with the TV on Bobsledding....

Matt Duncombe @MattJ777
Feb 19
More
#CBCOlympics Your coverage is attracting a diverse audience. #MooseareCanadianstoo

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Those "Big Air" jumps are amazing. The height is incredible.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I just saw an interview with a member of the USA Hockey team that won Gold over Canada. I was LMAO, she said they were really bad, both teams were in the same hotel and if the elevator doors opened and ANY Canadian team members were in it, they would not get in, OMG, I was laughing so hard.

She said it isn't like that now because a lot of them play in leagues together, but I thought it was funny.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Big Air jumps are incredible, it amazes me how few athletes get hurt doing them.

Men's Team Pursuit - speed skating - fun to watch because you can actually see what they are doing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bummed I was already for figure skating, but it's tomorrow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I swear my brain has a mind of it's own. Watching the Women's Super Combined - downhill, and everytime they say Mowinkle, my brain tells me they said Bullwinkle!

I have to consciously correct it, was happening last night too.

Lindsay Vonn has first position currently.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OW, OW, OW...That looked like the kid got hit on his inner thigh with the halfpipe, that can't be good.

I can't believe it, it was a French guy and he ended up skiing down the pipe to the end!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was a pretty brutal crash. I'm glad he seems okay.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’ve actually watched a lot of curling this Olympics and have enjoyed it. Certainly helps that at least the US men have come back from the brink and will play for the gold medal. Guess I’ve never watched enough curling in the past to understand and appreciate the strategy and skill required.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Mack, I enjoy it as wel. I especially love listening to them discuss what they are going to do. I was wondering the other day if it puts the English speakers at a disadvantage since many other countries have English as a second language and can understand what they are saying. And the English can't usually understand the other languages.

But then the GBR team was playing and I loved listening to them but could hardly figure out a word even tho it was English, hahahahaha.

I was happy to see the US Men do better.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well it seems the US Womens' Hocky team won in a shoot-out. They seemed very happy.

Bummer that Lindsay Vonn went out of bounds.

Ladies Free Skate tonight!

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
That was a totally intense hockey game last night and one that I look forward to every Olympics. The women bring IT!! I have to admit I was watching thru my fingers and as much as I wanted Canada to win, it was obvious who the better team was last night. USA deserved the gold! I thought the reffing sucked but both teams suffered for it.

And I have to say.. I HATE shootouts. Its not right. I wish they would have at least 3 overtimes before resorting to that.

And Its hard to feel bad when we still got Silver! :-) (and its much easier to say that the next day.. hehe)

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Oh Dipo I LOVE the free skate!!

Felt bad for Lindsay.. :-(

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes the U.S. and Canadian women hockey teams always give us a great game. Of course, I was cheering for Canada but it's hard for me to be unhappy with the U.S. winning. Goodness knows they've tried so hard for so long and they played a great game. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And again we have another cross country event, how many are there?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, the google doodle is 4 duck bobsled, hahahahaha, that must be on the schedule for today.

Just starting to watch my tape of the ladies free skate.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The free skate was great!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was good! And this morning the Women's Curling competition was very exciting.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear these guys doing big air just land on their faces all the time, LOL, that can't feel good. No wonder they are so bundled up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The "Garlic Girls", LOL, the name of the S. Korea Women's Curling Team because they are all from the county that produces the most garlic. And they all have the same surname, Kim, that's why they have the "breakfast related" nicknames.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
4 Man Bobsled!! I love bobsled, it is so nuts.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Alpine Team Event....its' dueling slalom.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy Cow I didn't know the US Men made it to the gold medal round in curling! So exciting!