TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 21, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: 2018 Winter Olympics: Archive through February 21, 2018 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 19, 2018 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They got 205.28 and everyone is raving. This must be what I don't get about ice dancing.

Hubble / Donahue are coming up next, USA. Oh, looks like it's going to be dramatic. Oh, bad twizzles, and weird staring music. Not sure what is up with this program but according to Tanith this is a really difficult program set up to music that dictates their moves.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 19, 2018 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This was considered a "smoldering" program. He lost his balance at one point but maybe it was the emotion of the program.

They got total 187.69 with a 1 point deduction.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 19, 2018 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Final team from Canada....Virtue / Moir. She has a maroon dress with a back cutout and they are dancing to Molin Rouge.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 19, 2018 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The music is great...Twizzles were good. Well that one lift was a little odd, but the rest was pretty.

Very nicely done, and they are very happy with the result. I mean it was good but I don't know it didn't really grab me and her jumping onto his shoulders looked a litte "nasty" too me, LOL.

Total points for them....206.07

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 19, 2018 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Gold for Canada, Silver for France and Bronze for USA.

Very happy for them all.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 19, 2018 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok so now everyone is talking about the passion, etc, and maybe that's the part I don't get. To me the emotional acting gets in the way, LOL, I want to see beautiful dancing, spining, twirls etc.

I haven't ever really gotten why we need to have an emotional/passionate skate dance, but that's just me, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 19, 2018 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh I love Tara's hair! She looks fabulous, discussing the ladies competition for tomorrow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 19, 2018 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahahahaha....

The BryPie‏ @TheBryPie
Every time I hear "twizzle" I want licorice

8:11 PM - 19 Feb 2018

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 19, 2018 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Texannie, just saw your comment....There were several people born in the states that were skating for others.

I think both the Korean Skaters are from here, one from Boston and I think the other from Torrence.

I don't know about Canadian citizenship, I sure someone else here does, but they were talking about one person who finally got her citizenship in December and what a nice present it was.

I think the Korean skaters have dual citizenship, but I don't know if you can do that in Canada.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I just heard closing ceremonies will be on Sunday! Yippee!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I have been enjoying all the figure skating events and last night's ice dancing competition was beautiful and intense. I get the emotional aspect of the ice dancing and again, enjoyed all of it. My very favorite ice dancing olympic routine was done in 1984, "Bolero" by Torvill and Dean of Great Britain.

Now, as for Tara and Johnny.... I just love waiting to see what they will wear and how Johnny will fix his hair!! Seriously, these two have been great at commentating and pair so well together.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Egbok, I don't think anyone will ever be better than that Bolero skate! The announcers at one point said Torvil and Dean had to lay on the ice for 18 seconds to get the music to work, I never knew it was that long. I would love for them to show it again.

LOL, and I agree the most enjoyment I get is to see how Tara and Johnny will coordinate their outfits, they crack me up. Did you know they brought 22 suitcases with them, hahahahahaha, I bet most were Johnny's. They are great commentators....I love that they can explain what was wrong with a jump or a spin.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear there are more weird Nordic events in the Olympics.....Today

Combined Ski Jump and Cross Country Race.

I am surprised they are not shooting targets as well.

Apparently this is the second of three.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Not a fan Scooteriffic, LOL.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Torvill and Dean really defined how ice dancing is now done. Remember how it used to be with multiple set dance patterns?

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Dipo....no not really, I've kind of boycotted them since they took Softball out of the summer olympics. The other reason is that none of my shows are on....not just the NBC ones but ALL of them are on hiatus until the Olympics are over.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I understand Scoot. I am glad it is only two weeks, I start to go into overload pretty soon and need to see something else.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO,the S.Korean womens curling team decided they needed more Americanized names...Annie (for Annie's Yogurt), Sunny, Steak, and Pancake were their choices..cute.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m surprised they took softball out. That’s a good sport.

I love the Olympics but I agree that it does dominate TV while it’s on.

Funny about the South Korean women curlers.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes they made their decisions while out at breakfast in case you couldn't tell, LOL, so they picked their favorite things. I particularly like Steak.

I think Annie is the skip.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow the ladies skating is really nice, I watched the earlier dances and they were great.

Now OAR got a really nice skate, she did really well.

No we have a very pretty lady from Japan she is doing well so far.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Olympics@Olympics
39s39 seconds ago
More
Evgenia Medvedeva #OAR has done it again! Her score of 81.61 is a #FigureSkating short program world record. 😱 She's currently first with four more athletes still to perform. 👏👏👏 #PyeongChang2018 #Olympics

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Canada wins 1-0 over Finland in Men’s Hockey so we’re in the semifinals! That tournament is really close!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Nice!

The short skate pursuit team events were really fun to watch.

And now women's Bobsleding. Germany, USA and Canada are the top three.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my....Germany "steals" the Gold in Women's Bobsled.

USA Silver, Canada Bronze.