TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 15, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: 2018 Winter Olympics: Archive through February 15, 2018 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 12, 2018 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Shaun White! Qualifying! Tomorrow’s final will be heart stopping.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
This Canadian will be forever grateful if somebody has a link to the entire Canadian Ice dance program that won Gold I missed it last night and I'm still kicking myself.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I saw that the qualifying overnight Kookliebird and it was amazing! All of those boarders are really unbelievable, I clutch my pearls often, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/after-winning-team-gold-canadas-tessa-virtue-and-scott-moir-join-club-most-decorated-figure

Mameblanche I don't know if you can access this, it is from NBC's site but give it a try. Otherwise you could google the Canadian TV channel that is showing the olympics to see if they have it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh Man, really bad luge crash, very scarey....it was the USA girl, Emily Sweeney, but she seems to be fine but says she is very sore and stiff, getting an xray of her back. Update: no issues with her back.

Damn that sure looked bad.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
When Shaun White went down the last time to try to take the lead, I literally stood in the living room, wringing my hands cause I kept thinking he was going to fall. I can't imagine what tonight will bring.... I may need a valium.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahaha, Kookliebird, I know, it was so thrilling and scary at the same time.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thank you Dipo unfortunately it says it's not available in my location I will keep hunting around. I figure it's going to be on YouTube eventually I just hope I live long enough. LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was afraid of that Mame.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, pairs short program on tonight at 8. I'm still looking for replay of team event.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Mame CBC button at top of this page leads you to their site where full event replay is available. I just watched some and I'm not that smart at this navigating stuff!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Shaun White.... just wow. Love that he wanted it so much that he was in tears.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was so good!!!! I couldn't watch had to just listen, I was so afraid for a fall.

And the Korean and French pairs skaters....so good!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really like this song that the Chinese pair are skating to, and they really did excellent choreography to go with the song. Sometimes I feel like the choreography doesn't match the song, but not this one.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Another good song, I really like all the music that has been chosen for these pairs skaters.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanx Y2K I'll give it a try. :-)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I couldn’t watch live either. But, on theWest Coast we see the broadcast twice.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I keep forgetting to mention how cool and entertaining I think it is that the S.Koreans have Olympic cheerleaders, every time I see or hear them it makes me smile.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I am very annoyed that Shaun White is being called out for 'flag etiquette' after he won the gold. He's just dropped 4-5 stories into a bowl, 'as hard as concrete' they say, is pumped up after winning something he desired for 4 years, is carrying a snowboard, is crying and just wants to just celebrate and hug his family....then, someone thrusts a US flag in his hands to carry as well. I'm sorry, but, it's not like he did it on purpose. The last thing he was thinking about at that point was 'flag etiquette".

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What did he do? Accidentally drag it on the ground or something?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it's much ado about nothing. It's not like they don't all do these things. Heck, you're not even supposed to wear the flag, but the uniforms often do, don't they? The flag code: "The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery..." And during the 2012 Olympics there was stuff about this too. Stupid.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes, Jimmer, apparently it hit the ground, I saw the whole thing live and didn't even notice it happening with everything else so exciting, so how could he.

Someone just looking for a problem.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's what I figured. We often see that sort of thing when athletes are running around holding a flag. They're excited and distracted. I agree that it's just someone looking for a problem and that it's much ado about nothing.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I think the cheerleaders are from North Korea.. I read a story yesterday that they even have to go to bathroom as a small group to discourage defecting. No one is ever alone. No one can talk to them, guards all around..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I didn't realize that. Oh, you know I think I did hear about that defection thing.