TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 12, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: 2018 Winter Olympics: Archive through February 12, 2018 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 09, 2018 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer much appreciated.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, short track skating was amazing last night, well 2am, I didn't realize it was coming on and ended up with it on, which lead into ski jump.

I fell asleep thru ski jump but the Apollo Ono was one of the announcers and I am fascinated by that sport. The relay was incredible and the one event that awarded a medal, I think it was the 500, had a record 9 skaters! It was amazing.

After Ski Jump I saw some snowboarding, and I guess USA televised the combined Korea team hockey game.

Looks like some figure skating tonight at 5pm PST, but right now watching the test runs for slalom, and looks like we are going to have some biathlon (which I always think is amazing), and more speed skating, and curling.

So far my TV is stuck on NBCSC, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, so now I know...all the stuff I stayed up for in the early morning on NBCSN, is now showing on NBC at noon. So I can tailor my viewing habits a little more appropriately to get some sleep, LOL.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes the time difference is a little crazy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ski-atalon? originlly called the pursuit, don't think I have ever heard ether one mentioned before, but it looks like a cross country race to me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love the ski jumper with the Snydely Whiplash mustache, Robert Johansson of Norway!

And oh my, he has red hair, LOL, he cracks me up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, the 17 year old kid from Colorado, Red Gerard, just won the gold medal in slope style boarding.

Figure skating up next.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I keep watching Curling with the sister brother combination. why? I can't seem to turn it off ??????

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Curling is a weird sport. It doesn't matter if you don't understand it, as soon as you see it you get sucked in and can't stop watching it. It's fascinating.

Last Olympics, I was watching it and Caleb came in, stopped to watch for a minute, set down, asked what was going on...I have no clue, you just got to watch it, lol.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well I missed the 4am Curling but I hope that is what they are showing at 8.30 tonight.

You're right Wargod, it is sort of hypnotic and interesting at the same time.

Looks like we have good stuff starting at 10.30 and noon on Sports Channel and NBC.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Some sort of cross country skiing event going on, it amazes me how fast they can get going and the ice on the whiskers and beards!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, hes' only 17....

TODAY@TODAYshow
1h1 hour ago
More
Red Gerard on winning gold: 'I think I'm now realizing how big this actually is' http://on.today.com/2spZMd0 #WinterOlympics #RedGerard

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW!!!!! USA finally gets a medal in Luge, how cool, it was really exciting.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh dear, a 3 man crash in cross country, skies everywhere, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The one thing I enjoy with curling is hearing the contestants speaking their languages when they are yelling at each other, LOL.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
as much as I cheer for one person, I feel bad for those that fall short. I hate when someone makes a small mistake that ends their chances and the camera is right there to get every tear.
They may be celebrities but I can't help but think how much money they put in and don't get back unless they medal, the story of the one guy dropping out because of money is probably the most typical. While some sports can be done on the cheap, most of them are not winter sports.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know Sadiesmom.

That is one reason I like to see everyone in the sport compete, I want to see the people who have no chance of winning get their time on TV, it might be the one time their family will see them compete. I hate when NBC only shows the American athletes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watching speed skating now, I do enjoy the longer distances since you can see more technique.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It must be so incredibly hard to train and train and train and then you get one chance to make it work. And some of it is luck.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, have you guys seen the new GEICO commercial where they are "curling". It is fantastic, first they are wearing orange plaid pants, second the sweepers guide the rock down the ice while the shooter keeps telling them not to touch it, finally after they bump the competitor rock out they guide the rock to the center point. I was laughing so hard, I had to come here!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, Andrew Rippon's skate was incredible, so moving. I loved the music and his choreography! I am so thrilled with his skate. Hope continues to do well.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 12, 2018 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The US skaters were very good last night.

Loved the Canadian ice dance program... Chills

While I'm not really into participation medals, I think if you are throwing yourself down the track at 80+ mph in luge, you deserve a medal.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 12, 2018 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Kookliebird, that seems reasonable.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 12, 2018 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
With some sports I wonder how you practice these things for the first time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 12, 2018 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
These women speed skaters are amazing!!!