TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
What would you do ?

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: What would you do ? users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 21, 2017Dipo25 11-21-17  11:28 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Every year I receive gifts from my brother in law and his wife.
They are avid regifters and send us things like an open box of sea salt, cook books that they have written in and old videos like a random season of Soap and F Troop.
Even received some glassware that still had the gift card from the person that gave it to them inside.
I have know idea why they even bother.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I confess. I am a Xmas present maniac. Don't laugh, but my Christmas gift list is on a 4 page Excel spreadsheet. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I have a HUGE family. And everyone gets a gift.

I shop for Xmas all year long, and have what I call my Xmas closet, where I will stash everything. Not only do I save a lot of money that way, but it gives me the time to really think about what a person would want, rather than just grabbing gifts just to have something at the last minute.

I'm almost done for this year. Just 4 more gifts to buy, and I will be!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Keldog, my mom was the same way. She would rather find a great gift for someone than get 1 herself. She loved giving. She also liked to shop.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Keldogg, that is phenomenal! I am in awe.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Hey Keldogg, have you finished your Christmas shopping for 2018?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
LOL, Dogdoc.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Have you heard of Cafe Press? You can look it up if you want to. I've never ordered from there before. Or maybe once a long time ago. I ordered some custom car magnets on Sept. 16. Two hours after placing order I still didn't get an order confirmation. Normally you get confirmation quickly from any place. This had me worried. So I called and canceled order. Talked to Jay in Kentucky at 4:04 p.m. I was anxious about it all. Later looked on-line at my credit card. It showed pinged and cancelled. OK. When I was talking to Jay asked him why the exorbitant shipping fee -- app $20. He didn't know. Said maybe it's breakable. Car magnets are not breakable!!

Week or so later I got a shipping notice. What? Looked kind of odd. Thought it was e-mail mistake by this place. Guess what was delivered today! First looked at my charge account. Not charged. So what do I do? I'm not going to call and talk. Feel like it could get into deeper doo doo somehow. Being custom I'm curious what they look like. Do I keep or return to sender?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
P.S. Items totaled $55, shipping $23.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Either return or keep and pay for the item.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Yep, I agree -

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
As long as returning them doesn’t end up costing you time, extra money and aggravation. Keeping them is rewarding incompetence.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
can you email him? I would let him know you cancelled and they still shipped. usually they will tell you to go ahead and keep

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I am debating what I'll do. At first I thought simply return to sender without a word. Now I don't know what. Not good business practices on their end.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'd open and keep them. It'd consider it cosmic karma paying me back for all the other times a mail order company screwed me over. Also, I'd want to be sure they didn't send me someone else's order. Are you sure you didn't get charged?

Shipping is expensive, but it sounds like maybe they are adding in "handling" charges at that rate. Unless those things weigh 5 pounds or more, $20 seems high for shipping.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Still sitting here unopened. I'm curious. Same day I placed order on-line, cancelled by phone few hours later after not getting order confirmation by e-mail I looked on-line at my charge account. It was pinged for the total amount and then credited (cancelled). Both those entries are gone. Not charged again.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I would call or email the company and explain what happened, and what would they like you to do with the product you cancelled but they sent anyway. If they want it returned, they will e-mail a pre-paid shipping label.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Doing the math and assuming their shipping costs reflect their actual cost and not some trumped up charge, shipping it back to them will cost another $23 making it $46 to ship a $55 item. It’s hardly worth it for them to have you send it back.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, September 27, 2021 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, that's only if it actually cost them $23 to ship? Lots of companies superload the shipping costs for extra profit.

If it was shipped via US Mail, you can simply black out your name (NOT the tracking bar code) and the barcode under your name IF there is one, and write "Refused, return to sender." As long as it was sent first class mail or above, it will be returned to the vendor.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 27, 2021 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Unless you really don't want or need it, I agree with Brenda. Their online service is clearly incompetent, plus they caused you unnecessary anxiety, AND it's their mistake. If they eventually catch it and bill you, fine.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 27, 2021 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Mame, that's along the lines of what I've been thinking. Online and Jay leave something to be desired. It's all stressing me when I don't need it. If at some time in the future they bill / charge me -- OK. I still question $22 shipping???

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 27, 2021 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes. Seriously, the amount of work it takes to actually contact and speak to a person at a mail order place. That's my time and energy I won't get back. They messed up, so you should not need to do a lot of work. My only worry is they sent you someone else's order who is still waiting for it. that's why I'd open.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: