TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
TVCH's Home & Life Organization

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization users admin

Visit Flylady's website at: *Flylady.net

  Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Household Notebook/Control JournalLkunkel9 1 08-06-04  4:02 pm
ARCHIVESDipo3825 156 09-18-25  7:08 pm
Archive through October 04, 2025Dipo25 1 10-04-25  7:33 am
Archive through October 18, 2025Dipo25 1 10-18-25  8:52 am
Archive through October 29, 2025Dipo25 1 10-29-25  10:57 am
Archive through November 10, 2025Dipo25 1 11-10-25  10:21 am
Archive through November 17, 2025Dipo25 1 11-17-25  1:53 pm
Archive through December 01, 2025Dipo25 1 12-01-25  2:39 pm
Archive through December 10, 2025Dipo25 1 12-10-25  3:52 pm
Archive through December 18, 2025Dipo25 1 12-18-25  5:33 pm
Archive through December 30, 2025Dipo25 1 12-30-25  2:40 pm
Archive through January 07, 2026Dipo25 1 01-07-26  11:51 am
Archive through January 11, 2026Dipo25 1 01-11-26  6:10 pm
Archive through January 21, 2026Dipo25 1 01-21-26  12:16 pm
Archive through February 01, 2026Dipo25 1 02-01-26  11:23 am
Archive through February 12, 2026Mack25 1 02-12-26  7:17 pm
Archive through February 24, 2026Mack25 1 02-24-26  6:25 pm
Archive through March 07, 2026Dipo25 1 03-07-26  3:35 pm
Archive through March 20, 2026Dipo25 1 03-20-26  3:19 pm
Archive through April 05, 2026Dipo25 1 04-05-26  5:44 pm
Archive through April 17, 2026Dipo25 1 04-17-26  2:06 pm
Archive through April 30, 2026Dipo25 1 04-30-26  4:18 pm
Archive through May 14, 2026Dipo25 1 05-14-26  1:42 pm
Archive through May 21, 2026Dipo25 1 05-21-26  5:44 pm
Archive through June 06, 2026Dipo25 1 06-06-26  12:14 pm
Archive through June 22, 2026Dipo25 1 06-22-26  8:44 am
Archive through July 02, 2026Dipo25 1 07-02-26  4:02 pm
Archive through July 19, 2026Dipo25 1 07-19-26  1:10 pm
Archive through August 03, 2026Dipo25 1 08-03-26  1:41 pm
Archive through August 18, 2026Dipo25 1 08-18-26  4:00 pm
Archive through August 31, 2026Dipo25 1 08-31-26  1:27 pm
Archive through September 17, 2026Dipo25 1 09-17-26  2:57 pm
Archive through September 26, 2026Mack25 1 09-26-26  9:48 am
  Start New Thread        

Author Message
Dipo
Member

04-22-2002

Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday ... a day for fun ...

Got the kitchen cleaned up and the dishwasher going. Even tho I miss Sylvester it is amazing how quickly I can clean up the kitchen now and how little kitty food is going into the trash.

Off to my Birthday lunch (we have been trying for some time now since my birthday was on the 9th, hahahahahaha). Last week was the tire incident, the weekend before her boss signed them up for a Harvest Fair, so hopefully, I am afraid to jinx it, we are off to steak and baked potato, LOL.

Working on email/socials while I listen to Taran.

Dipo
Member

04-22-2002

Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, when did the banks start closing on Saturday!! I had a whole plan worked out to have lunch, get kitty grass and get dimes/ones from the bank that would not waste gas! But then the bank I went to wasn't open on Saturdays so we had to go downtown, at which my Sister bitched the whole way because she doesn't like traffic and going into downtown.

Thank goodness there was bank parking in the lot, for free, or I would have never heard the last of it.

Anyway back home, it's hotter than it was supposed to be so I am now tired, and full of fabulous steak and baked potato.

Nala is thrilled with her new kitty grass. Off to finish reading the paper and pay some computer games.

Juju2bigdog
Member

10-26-2000

Saturday, September 26, 2026 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dipo, which downtown is downtown? SF? Concord? Walnut Creek? Oakland?

My starter husband's birthday was 9-9-49. I only remember it for the synchronicity of it.

And, wait, one of your kitties died? I was out of touch for a few weeks this summer and missed it. Hugs, honey.

Dipo
Member

04-22-2002

Sunday, September 27, 2026 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, downtown was Walnut Creek. Yes Sylvester died Aug 8th, I didn't even talk about it for a couple of weeks.

I will say Nala is sort of taking advantage of being the only kitty, LOL.

Dipo
Member

04-22-2002

Sunday, September 27, 2026 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... A day for $5 Bingo ...

Brewed the coffee and cleaned up the kitchen, I still need to unload the dishwasher and do a Safeway order. Also have two boxes to unpack.

So for now, listening to Taran and email/socials.

Mack
Member

07-22-2002

Monday, September 28, 2026 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Carey declared the kitchen 100% done yesterday. Every cabinet and every drawer have been sorted through, cleaned out, and in most cases reorganized. Counting the laundry room, pantry, and the kitchen that side of the house has been squared away. While she was busy in the kitchen I went around downstairs and touched up some of the baseboards. We have no children, grandchildren or dogs so what little damage there was it was mostly caused by vacuum cleaners. Truth is much of the baseboard hasn’t been touched since the house was built 26 years ago as we’re not very hard on a house. Next up is the master bath vanities and the master closet.

Grooch
Member

06-16-2006

Monday, September 28, 2026 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I really wish I had some of Carey's energy. Lol!

What is she going to do when she is all done with the house?

Dipo
Member

04-22-2002

Monday, September 28, 2026 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
https://www.flylady.net/

It's Home Blessing Day AND we are in the living room this week. Time to put out any major hotspots in your living room.

Brewed the coffee while I put away my Safeway order, then cleaned up the kitchen and unloaded the dishwasher.

I have a few things to deal with today, 2 boxes to open and put away, change my brita filter, pay Kaiser, balance the checkbook and then figure out the October bills.

Off to email/socials and Taran.

Dipo
Member

04-22-2002

Monday, September 28, 2026 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good question Grooch!

Mack
Member

07-22-2002

Monday, September 28, 2026 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Not to worry Carey has several projects on her list. We have the afore mentioned master bath and closet then the office then the guest bedroom closet then the garage then the two attic storage areas. Also remember we have the total window replacement project probably a week or two out, the window treatment replace/upgrade project, and the guest bathroom and powder room remodeling project. Oh yes and we’re just about 90 days away from our 22-day cruise to the South Pacific. Plenty on our plates. 😳😬

Grooch
Member

06-16-2006

Monday, September 28, 2026 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Holy Cow!

Mack
Member

07-22-2002

Monday, September 28, 2026 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We certainly aren’t going to get bored from lack of things to do. Our routine lately has been up by 7-7:30 AM. A coffee or two then we start our joint or separate tasks around 9:30 AM. Usually work those until noon and lunch. After lunch we relax for maybe an hour and then back at our tasks until 3:30-4:00 PM. Probably doing 4-6 hours a day when we go at it. On the other hand we basically took today off. I went to Home Depot for some supplies I needed and then stopped at the grocery store on the way home. Interestingly Carey and I are much alike in that we both go to bed with a project, task, or issue working in the back of our minds. Doesn’t keep either of us from sleep but typically we wake up with the solution.

You might be wondering why the garage and attics are relatively low on our priority. Well it’s weather and temperature related. The garage reached 95F with both doors open today and I’m guessing the attics were 110-120F or more. We’ll wait until late October or November to tackle those. The garage bugs me but the attics are kind of an out of sight out of mind thing. Should be done but not a priority.

Dipo
Member

04-22-2002

Tuesday, September 29, 2026 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission
https://www.flylady.net/

It's Planning Day AND time to take 5 minutes and dust the decorative items in your living room. The picture frames, lamps and knick knacks, this is a detailed dusting.

I brewed the coffee, ran out the trash, cleaned up the kitchen and refilled water bottles. Then I remembered I need to change the Brita Filter!!!

Anyway, pulled out the filter to soak and realized it was the last one, so went and put an order in my cart. Also restocked the bathroom, so I have to decide if I need to order more TP, I will think about that.

Now it's time for the paper and yogurt.

Dipo
Member

04-22-2002

Tuesday, September 29, 2026 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mack, I know what you mean about the temperature driving your tasks. I often make decisions about my chores based on how hot it will make me feel.

Mack
Member

07-22-2002

Tuesday, September 29, 2026 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Carey is back at it…..this time cleaning out and reorganizing her vanity. This morning I did the last of my touchup painting and also did a minor cabinet adjustment/fix in the laundry room. I’ll probably get into my bathroom vanity this afternoon.

Juju2bigdog
Member

10-26-2000

Tuesday, September 29, 2026 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Ack!!! The bathroom!!! I have a HUGE bathroom, with like a single countertop, 8' long and loads of drawers underneath, and a floor to ceiling 18" closet next to it. And they are almost ALL full!!!

Grooch
Member

06-16-2006

Wednesday, September 30, 2026 - 3:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Juju, you need to invite Mrs Mack for a week long visit and have her whip you and your bathroom into shape.

Mack
Member

07-22-2002

Wednesday, September 30, 2026 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Carey is taking the morning off as she’s off to her pedicure and nails appointment. Not sure she’ll get back to the her vanity this afternoon. Me….I’ve spent the morning getting the pool and patio area ready for the potential storm headed our way. Just typical put away and tie down chores like covering the grill, putting cushions in the garage, etc.

Dipo
Member

04-22-2002

Wednesday, September 30, 2026 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission
https://www.flylady.net/

It's Anti-Procrastination Day - guess I should update my financial investments spreadsheet AND time for sofa and chair diving! Clean out all that stuff that falls down in the cushions!

I brewed the coffee, cleaned up the kitchen, had some lunch and now figuring out the rest of the day. Since it went so hot yesterday, I need to water the plants, and I should finish up the newsletter also need to refill some soda bottles.

Off to email/socials.

Dipo
Member

04-22-2002

Wednesday, September 30, 2026 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's so fun to see everyone posting their chores, I have been lonesome since Wargod stopped coming in.

Mack it's nice to hear that Carey is having some fun at the nail salon, LOL. You guys should take the rest of the day off.

Juju2bigdog
Member

10-26-2000

Wednesday, September 30, 2026 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Whatever happened to Wardog? Oh! I betcha grandchildren! That would be right up her alley.

Mack
Member

07-22-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2026 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Carey took the rest of the day off yesterday. Today is house cleaning day so probably no projects today. Back at it Friday.

Dipo
Member

04-22-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2026 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission
https://www.flylady.net/

It's Errand Day AND we are doing a brief run at the Front Porch, the Entrance area and the Dining Room. Time to sweep and shake out the Welcome mats.

Brewed the coffee and cleaned up the kitchen, refilled soda bottles and getting ready for the day.

I got my sample ballot and voter guide yesterday and we have a zoom call planned with the League of Womens voters today at 1pm. So I will be going to that. My friend is coming over to attend as well and then I am sending her home with some bins, LOL.

Off to do email/social and other chores.

Dipo
Member

04-22-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2026 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NOt sure what happened to Wargod, I don't know her real name so I can't do a Google stalk, LOL. Would love to know what she is up to.

Dipo
Member

04-22-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2026 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So, the link for the Zoom call never came through so we had to reschedule it for next week when we get the YouTube version.

My friend came over afterwards and took a bunch of bins and I was able to give my extra walker that only Nala used to lay on to the Manager. One of the guys here lost his walker and I have been trying to find out who he was because his walker was not adjusted correctly for his height.

Back to email/socials and the rest of the day.

Add Your Message Here
Post:
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: