TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 20, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: It's the little things....: Archive through July 20, 2012 users admin

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
So here's another example of great customer service... I travel. A lot. Sometimes way too much. I am supposed to use my corporate booking site when booking reservations, such as air, hotel, and so on. There are a couple of hotels I prefer to stay at when I travel to my office, mostly because they know me and I get great service. One of the hotels doesn't offer customer loyalty points but they do offer the best service.

Today I needed to book a trip. The booking site showed both hotels were sold out. Just as I did last month, I called the one hotel that doesn't do loyalty programs directly. Last month, they booked me directly into the executive suite, no problem, at the regular room rate. This time, they had a tentative booking but said they'd see if they could get me in, and would call me back by 3pm. Within five minutes -- I kid you not, five minutes! -- I got a call back. I am booked into a one bedroom suite. Not the executive suite but I'm wait listed for it because they know I love that suite with the balcony.

Now THAT is good customer service!

I think what they did was went and looked up my record, realized who I was and how often I stayed, called the person who had a hold on the room and told him they couldn't hold the room any longer, and gave it to me. LOL!

I am always friendly with the hotel staff, I joke around with them, they know me by first name and always look glad to see me. I know they are not like that with other guests because I see how they great others who arrive when I'm there. So treating others with respect, you can get good customer service. And it helps, cuz their regular rooms are not so much to brag about but their one bedroom suites are really lovely and the executive suites rock! :-)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Two little things today:
1. A beautiful butterfly enjoying the flowers on our front porch
2. Quiet and peace. Both DS and DH worked the day shifts, and now DS is with a friend at the movie and DH is out fishing. I didn't have to cook or clean for anyone else at all today!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
One big "made me smile today: I just got my "splurge" today... a lovely lighthouse cut green garnet ring from Avi Jewelry. I should never stop by his booth at the Fair, cuz I always buy something from him.

(This is the ring, except it's a green garnet, not a ruby: http://avi-jewelry.com/Index.asp?ArticleID=119&CategoryID=140&Page=1)

Gumby

08-14-2004

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
That's beautiful Costa! Congrats!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Not so much congrats since I spent the $$ on myself! But I figure I'm worth it! :-)

And if anyone is as graceful as I am (NOT!), that cut is the absolute best cut. I am constantly slamming my hands against doors, door frames, cars, people, whatever, and for some reason, the lighthouse cut is so strong, that the damn stones never chip. No scratches or chips ever.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Lunch today w/a co-worker; made tortilla pizzas by spritzing the tortilla w/olive oil, salt and oregano, then topped w/ thinly slices romas, fresh basil and the yummy, good mozzarella. Baked about 10 minutes and they were fabulous! Three hours of talking and a couple of snickerdoodles later, we decided we should join the real world again. :-)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Love that ring, Costa.

Teach, I'm going to make that tortilla pizza. Sounds great.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Super easy, too, Rieann. Win-win!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Now I'm craving pizza.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
We had spinach pizza last night. Wednesday is usually pizza night at our place, just like Tuesday is 'Chicken-Tuesday'. ;)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Came home to the smell of a roasted chicken in the crockpot - and the house is NOT hot!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Completed a homework assignment that isn't due until Monday...love the feeling of being a little bit ahead of the game.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
RAIN IS HEADED OUR WAY! (Fingers, toes, knees and arms all crossed in hopes it makes it across the Big Lake.) I swear, I'll go out and STAND in it if it comes!!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
IT CAME!!! I WENT!!! I STOOD!!! I GOT SOAKED!!! (It was so much fun!)

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
(And I think you just got a standing ovation in another thread!)

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
YAY FOR RAIN! we had a little drizzle here last night. It was actually freezing here this morning, had to wear a turtleneck on July 17th! btw, I'm just to the north of the Carquinez Strait in the SF Bay Area. normally we have cooler weather than most especially since we're so high up in the hills. but it was in the low 50's last night! I absolutely loved it and slept like a dream.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
It hasn't cooled down here, much, Landi, but it sounds like your sleeping weather was spot on perfect! :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I figure there is more on the way.. although it did rain some the day after I had the car washed..

Supposed to be scattered thunderstorms here until tomorrow night, then fog moving in Thurs night and into Friday.

More worried if we actually get fog and it is heavy, in terms of driving.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
We've got the remnants of some tropical storm from the eastern Pacific heading here today. And then in two days some random monsoonal flow. So chance of thunderstorms for the next few days. Lovely. Not.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Yay for the soggy Teach! I love the soaked hair, and the look of sheer delight on your face.

I tried to go stand out in the rain when our first rain came. But it was so sparse I was able to walk between the drops, and when I came back in I could count the individual drops that made it to my shirt.

A weekend later, there was a downpour for most of the weekend, but it was an inopportune time for me to go play in the rain. Add to it that there were severe thunderstorms in the area at the time too. Decided risking getting hit by lightening wasn't worth the stroll in the rain.

I know exactly how you feel. During our 4 week drought of 90-100 degree weather, I too was vowing that when it finally rained, I was going to go stand out in it.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
You know, you do not have to wait for rain... you can play in the sprinklers.

It does look a bit better if you have kids there too....

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Hee,hee -- I do that, too, and given our rural location (and lack of small children), I don't care if anyone sees. However, a full-on downpour with a wild, cold, north wind was way more refreshing! :-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
We just had a downpour but I couldn't go out in it cuz I was at work.

If I was at home I might have considered doing what you did Teach but ,um, I would have drowned. It was a really hard, heavy rain. Yea!

The rain has cooled things off.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
We had a nice cool day here today. It rained off and on almost all day and was absolutely divine. Tomorrow and the weekend we're back up to the 90 degree range, so today was especially welcome.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, July 20, 2012 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Beautiful summer day, and a Starbucks w/my son: