TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 14, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: Quote for Today: Archive through November 14, 2015 users admin

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
An easy task becomes difficult when you do it with reluctance.

-- Terence

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 12, 2014 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
The only interesting answers are those which destroy the question.

-- Susan Sontag

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
I was convinced 'you can't go home again.' Now I know better. Nothing is more untrue. I know you go back over and over again, seeking the self you left behind.

-- Helen Bevington

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 22, 2014 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
If the only prayer you ever say in your life is "Thank you", it will be enough.

-- Meister Eckhart

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 27, 2014 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, and confusion to clarity.

-- Melody Beattie

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
When we recall the past, we usually find that it is the simplest things -- not the great occasions -- that in retrospect give off the greatest glow of happiness.

-- Bob Hope

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thanks for this quote, Ocean! My mother gave birth to me 57 years ago today and I am grateful on this day every year that she did not give me up for adoption (something she seriously considered). That was not a "simple" decision, of course, but it definitely set me on my road to happiness. She only got to live to be 58 herself, so I cherish every day I have -- she sacrificed a lot on my behalf!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Love the Bob Hope quote. It's very true. Hope you had a great birthday, Uncle Ricky. Lovely tribute to your Mom as well. Reading things like this makes my day better!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Jimmer and Sea! I had a very nice quiet birthday. Seth took me out to lunch at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, where - coincidentally -- the cooking reminds me of my late mother's cooking. When my father walked out on her (I was a year old), she had so little money, she didn't think she could make it on her own financially and thus contemplated the adoption option. Thank goodness she kept me - who knows how I would've turned out otherwise!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I'm all choked up here! Great quote and great story. Belated birthday wishes to you Uncle Ricky!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thank you Rieann - you're very sweet!

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
Man is rated the highest animal; at least, among all animals that returned the questionnaire.

-- Robert Brault

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, March 27, 2015 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just saw this on Twitter and thought it was interesting...

https://twitter.com/patsyindecline/status/581416126451703808

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 4:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
Parents often talk about the younger generation as if they didn't have anything to do with it.

-- Haim Ginott

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 5:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
We must travel in the direction of our fear.

-- John Berryman

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
Say yes when nobody asked.

-- Lao proverb

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
We need to forgive and be forgiven every day, every hour increasingly. That is the great work of love among the fellowship of the weak that is the human family.

-- Henri J.M. Nouwen

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
Policemen so cherish their status as keepers of the peace and protectors of the public that they have occasionally been known to beat to death those citizens or groups who question that status.

-- David Mamet

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
I dream my painting -- then, I paint my dream.

-- Vincent Van Gogh

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.

-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
The press, the machine, the telegraph are premises whose thousand-year conclusion no one has yet dared to draw.

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
Technology is a queer thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other.

-- C.P. Snow

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork.

-- Pearl Bailey

Ocean_islands

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ocean_islands a private message Print Post    
In private, we're all misfits.

-- Lily Tomlin