TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 14, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: SUGGESTIONS DESPERATELY NEEDED!!: Archive through August 14, 2012 users admin

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I liked the music. The broken up sentences still jar my internal reading of them a bit, but I think that's part of the point - a broken up life.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I liked this version much better because:

1. We know Tuesday's age.

2. We find out the book is based on a true story.

3. The steps are scary.

4. Now we know the focus of the story in the little girl.

What I didn't like:

1. The little girl is blond in one picture.

2. 'Silent Night' makes it sound like she dies.

I liked the other music better.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Ohhhhhhhh much better! This is scary.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Why does my opinion get a sad face?

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Oops! Sorry Jewels! I didn't realize I put a sad face. I meant to put a smile! Here's two to make up for it:

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out! Thanks to all of you!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
after watching the book trailer, I want to read it but I'm scared of how it will make me feel. I'm already sad for the little girl.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Denecee, thank you for telling me that! It's good to hear you want to read it. Don't be afraid. Go to the Amazon book page http://www.amazon.com/Call-Me-Tuesday-ebook/dp/B007I5PYJ2/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331177105&sr=1-2 and read some of the reviews to find out what others had to say. Most of them came away from the read with an overall positive feeling. Or send a private message to some of the TVCH members who have read it. They will be honest with you! That's what we love about them, right?

Whether you decide to read it or not, thanks for giving me your opinion about the trailer!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ladybug, Thank you so much for your insights and kind words in the private messages area of FB! Wishing you a beautiful Tuesday!

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Sorry, Jimmer, I missed your question, way up there. Anyway, the answer is trailers for books are relatively new, but fast gaining popularity, thanks to Youtube and the like. Just another inexpensive way to get some exposure for the book.

Thanks for your input. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Thanks to all of you for your opinions and suggestions on the trailer for my book, Call Me Tuesday. Everyone has been so helpful and I truly appreciate it.

I have sent in the final revisions and the trailer should be completed within a couple of weeks. At that time, I will post a link, so all of you can see the trailer for which each and every one of you who participated in this thread had a part in creating.

Again, thanks so much and I'll be seeing you around TVCH!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'd never heard of trailers for books either.

I just received your book yesterday from Amazon.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Jasper, for buying the book!

Yeah, trailers for books are kind of strange. But it didn't cost me much at all to have it made, and I figured at the very least I could use it on my website

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm sure you hit an audience that is more visual, even though the intent is to get them to read your book. Whatever works!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
James Patterson has been doing trailers for quite some time, so you're in good company. :-)

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Friday, July 27, 2012 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Thanks Teach! That makes me feel better.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 27, 2012 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think you absolutely should go for whatever puts your book out there! I don't look at trailers since I decide based upon reviews and descriptions, but that's just me and my generation and being SO much more grounded in reading that watching.

I've certainly enjoyed watching your trailer evolve and participating to hopefully help.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Friday, July 27, 2012 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Sea, you certainly have been a major help. Thank you!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, July 30, 2012 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
MUCH better! Puts the emphasis where it belongs! Not sure I would recognize "steps" if I didn't know what they were -

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Thanks Tnt! I sent in the final revisions, and I believe they will get it right this time.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I can't wait to see the final product. I just know that it's going to be great.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Okay, I received the final draft of the book trailer today. I say it's the final draft because I'm not asking for any more revisions. It's not perfect, but I truly believe it's the best they can do. It will serve its purpose for a while. I have a vision for another one that I plan to create myself.

Thank you all so much for your help on this project! You guys are great, and I look forward to chatting with you about other subjects at TVCH!

Here's the link to the trailer which will soon be on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ0z00Ry_sc&feature=player_detailpage

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I like it!

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Thanks Reenie!

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I really like it. You got the emphasis changed to where it should be and I think it will garner the attention that you want.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I think it's good. Thank you for including us in this process, Ladybug. It was interesting!