TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 23, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Library: SUGGESTIONS DESPERATELY NEEDED!!: Archive through July 23, 2012 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I flew out to meet Kearie and Lance came up and took us to dinner.

Meets are fun.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I've done the big meets and the mini-meets.. All good.

Pre-9/11 I met several people from a group I was in as they went to and from New Zealand and had layovers of a few hours in Los Angeles. Still could do that, but back then you could more easily hang out with them until their plane left and be at the gate for the arrival too.

I've also picked up a few TVCHers at LAX and at John Wayne in OC.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Okay everyone...here it is, the revised trailer draft for my book, Call Me Tuesday! It's soooo much better! They incorporated most of our suggestions! Let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdlM5AR5_gA&feature=youtu.be

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Hi Ladybug, Visually I like it a lot better. It's more effective and powerful. But the Silent Night Christmassy tune is kind of surprising.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Mame, I know, it bothered me too. I like the sound of it, but I can't help but sing the words to Silent Night while I'm watching...

Thanks for your input!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that the music is haunting and disturbing when used in this situation but at the same time I find the association with Christmas to be quite overwhelming.

Do many books have trailers like this one? I don't recall seeing many in the past.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I love the new trailer and I found the "music box" version of Silent Night very haunting and somehow appropriate. At first I was surprised with it but then as the video went on it just seemed to work.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I like the haunting effect of the music. That is terrific. But since there's nothing else in the trailer that deals with Christmas per se, it's really doesn't seem to fit and takes away from the impact. You don't want me thinking: 'Huh? Silent Night?' You want me to think, 'Yikes, this is a book I can't wait to read.' I'm sure there are other similarly effective haunting tunes out there that are not going to take away from the POV of the book, and will actually enhance sales. (Just my 2 - Canadian - cents here.)

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Your 2 cents are worth a million bucks to me, but that's just my two cents--whatever that's worth...

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Aw Ladybug, you are so sweet! I wish you much success with your book.

I have a friend who wrote a similar book. Hers is a memoir which I featured on my blog. She liked my blog article so much, she asked me to compose a press release and promote it for her, which we are working on now. I'll post the link to it for you on FB. :-)

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
I actually thought "Silent Night" was perfect. Very haunting. It also made me relate to the silence that was expected for the family to keep of the subject.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I hadn't thought of it that way, landi, but I think you're right on why Silent Night worked so well in my mind.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Hadn't thought of that, Landi and Jmm--but it actually makes sense. We'll see what everyone else says.

Mame do post that link!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I like it much better. The only thing I'm missing is some explanation of why they use a photo of stairs... without knowing the back story, it seems a little out of place.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Karuuna That was probably my fault. The trailer can only be so long, and I thought just showing the stairs might ad a bit of mystery and make people wonder what happened. I'll give it some more thought, though.

Thank you so much for your valued opinion!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
BIG improvement!!! I am okay with the music. The stairs are also much better in this version. Creepy, going down, not up, etc.

But Kar has a point.. it probably doesn't flow with the words and the visuals so well.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The thing that bothered me was the picture of the little girl with her back turned...she looked too young and didn't match the little girl with the darker hair in the other pictures.

Perhaps "Happy Birthday" instead of "Silent Night?"

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Rox funny you should mention the little blond girl. I thought the exact same thing. I think she seems more out of place than the stairs. I was waiting for somebody to bring it up!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Duh, I'm a dunce. I didn't realize those were stairs. I thought it was something like a tin rooftop that was supposed to emphasise poverty or bleakness or somesuch.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Okay Ms. Ladybug, I've posted the link on your FB page. Hugs, Joycie

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Joycie. I'll check it out--hugs back!

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I also think that the blond girl is out of place - not only the wrong hair color, but she looks much younger than the girl blowing out the candles.

The stairs going down were definitely better. They felt dungeon-like.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I liked the stairs, they add a little mystery and intrigue. Not a fan of the music. An eerie Happy Birthday would be better, I think. Showing her blowing out birthday candles while Silent Night is playing seems strange.

I do like this one much better, Ladybug!!

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Merry, I think that the age difference was showing the age progression, as in this wasn't short lived abuse.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
That's okay, Jewels. Thanks for being honest.