TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Descendants

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: The Descendants users admin

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Very good movie; I'd pay to see it again. Language isn't for the faint of heart, especially from the 10y/o & 17y/o but it definitely went hand in hand with the storyline. George Clooney was excellent! Loved that it was set in Oahu and I loved the music!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the locale too. I also liked the movie!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I can't wait to see it. I plan on seeing it soon. It's also filmed in Kauai which is where my mom is from so I look forward to recognizing places.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I think I am one of the only people around who hated this movie. I was so bored I fell asleep. Oh well to each his/her own.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I saw this movie today, and found it a tiny bit over-blown. However, this is NOT my usual sort of movie - prefer light and airy! - so I might not be the best judge of how much pathos is too much -

Very well acted over all -

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My only complaint on this movie was that I thought that some parts could have been expanded a bit more. (like the sale of the land info seemed a bit sparse to me) Other than that, I liked the movie. What would you do if your wife was in a coma and you finally find out what's been going on for the last couple of years? And, of course, George was his usual great self. Not his normal type of role, but one I thought he played to perfection with the simple things, like walking on a beach.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It's been 6 hours since I saw it and I'm still thinking about it. I went in expecting to not like it - expecting it to just be depressing and instead, I thought it was very well done with everyone, the kids included, excellent in their parts.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Loved the kids in this. Very funny and true to life, or at least mine. Glad I saw it but wouldn't see it again.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I finally watched it. Clooney was so good. There were so many emotions conveyed with just a look. Shalene Woodley was a surprise to me. I've always found her acting so wooden on that teen pregnancy show but she was very good in her role. Both girls were. And the scenery was incredible!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
9/10

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: