TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Joyful Noise

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Joyful Noise users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
A fairly bad movie that you will be hard pressed not to thoroughly enjoy. Keke Palmer never fails to impress me and once again she steals the movie. Dolly Parton (bless her) is almost painful to look at but her pipes are still working at full potential. Jeremy Jordan was great, he seems so familiar but looking at IMDB he really is an acting newbie, I am sure we will see a lot more of him. Queen Latifah certainly didn't stretch beyond her comfort zone but I just adore her no matter what she is in. Our theatre lost sound for the only important conversation in the middle of the film and for another ten minutes right near the end. Neither affected the understanding of the plot at all but if anyone can clue me in the what was said right in the middle of the movie I would appreciate it (won't spoil with details but it occurs in a diner).

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I love Dolly & Queen Latifah and am quite looking forward to the movie, although now that you've forewarned us, I'll keep my expectations low.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
I loved it! So did the whole audience. I cannot wait to buy it on DVD!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Okay, so now my expectations are up again. Thanks! It will be interesting to see it, and let you know how much I liked it - or not.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
You will love it Mame. Like I said, it's clearly not a great/quality film but it's impossible not to like. It's fun and light and I will be buying it on DVD as soon as it's released as well.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Good I want to see this weekend

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rissa! Lately I've seen films my pals want to see, and it's never the ones on MY must-see list. So I'm HOPING to get to see this one and soon.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched it but just noticed that Dolly Parton will be on Anderson today... FYI

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads-up Ms. Rissa. :-)

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
You are most welcome. :-) Just watching it now. She is so adorable, isn't she? And she looks better than she did in the movie (guessing some of that botox has worn off LOL).

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I just saw the movie it was a good movie I don't think Dolly was right for the part she didn't seem to fit in with the cast like Queen Latifah did.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: