TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Sherlock Holmes 2

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Sherlock Holmes 2 users admin

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
No Spoilers.
3 out of 4 stars from me.
Safe for children (no nudity, but some violence - a couple explosions without any CSI grphics).
Follows similar format as before; he thinks about what he is going to do in a fight, in slow motion, then the fight ensues (but some twists).
A couple of slow sections and then got really fast at the end.
Excellent acting (of course) and lovely cinematography.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Konamouse. So you think it would be okay for a 10 year old who's seen Harry Potter movies, Indiana Jones, Pirates of Caribbean? I really want to see this one and thought DD might be ready to see it too.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
We're going as a family to see it on Christmas Day before we head to the folks' house. Can't wait!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I will say right off the bat that I know this will be a minority opinion, it is in my own house. LOL I didn't enjoy it, it just seemed to drag and some parts were so predictable (can't be specific without spoiling). The style of the film just annoyed me, especially since they took the elements I didn't like from the first film and did them several times over (like the slow action fast forward sequences). The acting across the board was very good but I sort of felt the same way about Downey this time around that I did regarding Johnny Depp in the Pirate movies. Namely that the first movie was creating a character and second time around it feels like a caricature. Like I said, I fully expect to be the only one to feel this way, my husband and teenage daughters LOVED it, even more than the first. Maybe I was just having a day. LOLOL

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Rissa - I agree with you in many respects. Just was in the more entertained than less.
Brenda - I think if your kids survived the last two Potter movies, this will be okay (even if they don't understand some of the English dialogue).

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Love Downey Junior, liked the movie very much. It was slim on plotline, though. Just IMO. Colossus LOVED it and he's a Sherlock Holmes afficionado, he recognized the storyline immediately so he had more to inform him throughout the movie.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Gal, we're planning to see it over the holidays at some point. Getting DH to the movies, is almost impossible, but he's a huge Sherlock Holmes fan like Colossus. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I showed DD the trailers for Sherlock and Mission Impossible. For MI, she said "I don't get it!" For Sherlock she said "I'll go see that". So, I guess we'll be seeing it too sometime over the holidays. (And I'll go see MI alone.)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
We saw this today. DD said she liked it, but I'm not sure she fully grasped the plot. I enjoyed it too. Love the banter and special effects.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
We saw it today, and I'm not quite sure I fully grasped the plot either, but it was a lot of fun. It is like Robert Downey, Jr., has spent his whole life practicing to play a dissolute but brilliant character. Oh wait, that is probably true. And Jude Law as Watson is just about perfect.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Egbob and I saw this movie tonight and really enjoyed it and some ==>

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto DH & Me, Eggie! :-) (I certainly enjoyed it much more than the first one.) Then we went out for lunch afterwards.)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
We saw this w/my folks today. All of us enjoyed it - mom & dad hadn't seen the first one, so they were on a mission to get it on DVD so they could enjoy it as well.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: