TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 02, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 02, 2011 users admin

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
hahaaaa!!!!!!

Im goint to see Bridesmaids today. I havent seen this many movies in a long time! and I plan to see at least 3 more by the end of July. I usually see less than 5 per year at the theater

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I went to see Midnight in Paris, the new Woody Allen film, this weekend. It was a joy--easily his best film in years. Stars Owen Wilson (in the role usually played by Allen), with fine acting by Mr Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Kathy Bates (as Gertrude Stein!), Adrian Brody, etc. [I don't think any of that counts as a spoiler]

If you've ever loved an Allen film in the past, go see it. And if you haven't...well, what can I say?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
So good to hear this Tishala. Love his old films. He's overdue for a good one.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I thought On Stranger Tides was quite good as that movie series goes. The usual bombastic over the top approach but it was still fun. The mermaid subplot was a nice addition. We saw it in IMAX 3D which was impressive but I still find the 3D distracting. We all enjoyed it though.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Bridesmaids was funnier than Hangover2. I literally had tears from laughing at a few scenes.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I thought this was the weakest of the 4 Pirates movies, but we still enjoyed it. How can one not love Jack Sparrow?

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
recommendation- dont waste Money on PRIEST.

its a hodge podge of so many movies that it was getting funny.

Mad Max, Good bad n Ugly, Unstoppable, Book of Eli, 30 Days of Night, Crouching tiger/Dragon

I've missed a few movies that it ripped off ha ha ha.

it had some Good CGI and action scenes but if you can park your brain at the door, its an okay vacant minded thriller.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I went and saw Pirates the other night and was pleasantly surprised (sorry I missed the extra scene though) how much I liked it, because I really wasn't that fond of the first Pirates movie (and haven't watched another one yet). I also went and saw Kung Foo Panda 2 and wasn't that impressed with it, but it was in a double billing at the drive-in with Rio and LOVED Rio, as did the two teenage girls who were with me. KFP2 might have been better in a movie theatre though, because the 3d aspect lost some of its effect at a drive-in (but I love going to the drive-in so it was worth it).

My daughter wanted to go see both Hangover 2 and Bridesmaids, but judging from my friends who have seen both of these movies that just ain't going to happen...I don't think they are appropriate for her age group, despite the fact that half of her friends have seen them already.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Super 8, stay thru the credits there is more to see. You dont have to wait thru all the credits like Pirates made us! I appreciated that! cuz after 2 1/2 hrs I have to pee!

The movie is good not great. I think young teens will like it. My 15 yr old liked it

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I saw Midnight in Paris last night and it was wonderful.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Super 8 = Goonies + ET + Cloverfield.

Good & bad.

Saw X-men:First Class on the same day; I liked X-men better.

Jkm

07-10-2002

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jkm a private message Print Post    
Cars --- boring did not like the new one

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, August 05, 2011 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I almost fell asleep during the first Cars so we didn't go see the new one.

Since it's summer and I have daycare, we see most of the kids' movies. We saw Mr. Potter's Penguins. That was cute. Jim Carrey really subdued himself.

We saw Zookeeper. which was a cute little film. I think we could have waited for the dvd but the kids love it.

We watched the sweetest film on cable the other day. I highly recomment Ramona and Beezus for the kids. One of the sweetest films I've seen in a while.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
We just saw on Starz "The Tourist". We were in Venice when it was filmed. Good date movie with only PG violence, lots of twists, beautiful scenery & eye candy.

Msbullwnkl

08-15-2005

Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
"Crazy, Stupid, Love." is really funny and interesting. I am not a fan of Steve Carrell, but I loved his character in this movie.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Me too.....I loved Crazy, Stupid, Love Typical Steve Carrell movie....has lots of humor, some emotions and some drama and some funny and unexpected twists.

Would be a great date night movie.

Other great movies with Steve Carrell........"Dan's Life" and "Evan Almighty"

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I went with my daycare to see The Smurfs today and it was a lot better than I had expected. It was really cute.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Any word on the Help

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
fantastic movie Sheilare

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
On the flip side, I saw Crazy, Stupid, Love over the weekend. Guess it was built up too much for me. I didn't like it all that much. Although, I thought that Ryan Gosling was great.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Limitless 9.8/10

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked The Change-Up-I laughed several times and I dont laugh easily. Do not go if you cant handle crudeness.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 20, 2011 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was a big fan of the original Fright Night, and saw the remake with Colin Farrell and David Tennant today. It was pretty entertaining, and a good mix of silly scares and humour. I'd recommend it, particularly if you can find it in 2D not 3D (which we couldn't).

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Don't go see Conan the Barnian too blood. I left it

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, September 02, 2011 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I do NOT recommend paying more than a Redbox rental to see Apollo 18.