TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Dolphin Tale

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Dolphin Tale users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We saw this today and what a wonderfully sweet family film. It's great to spend the afternoon feeling really good and uplifted after watching a movie. It did leave my a little teary-eyed here and there but I cry at everything. The casting was spot on. We saw it in 3D, only because it was the only showing at a good time after school, but there really weren't too many effects that mattered with the glasses.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm glad to hear the reviews are coming in positive for this film. We saw the dolphin in Tampa so we are excited to see the film. I have a photo of DD holding one of Winter's tails that she'd outgrown.
WinterPhoto

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
cool!

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I thought Winter was kept in the Clearwater Marina? Cute pic of your DD, btw. She's really growing up :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, the little aquarium in Clearwater Marina. Clearwater's right next to Tampa. When we stayed in Tampa we took a day and went to the aquarium, took a boat ride, found shells at the beach (one of the best shelling beaches we've ever been to).
ETA (I've not been to the Tampa aquarium, so sorry my post was misleading -- I just think of it as our "tampa" trip, but we also went north to that Mermaid show.)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
That's really cool, Brenda. I will have to show it to my daycare child that I took to the movie. She will think that's really neat. She took a class at Six Flags to swim with dolphins but when we were watching the movie today, we both said Now that's swimming with dolphins!

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Yes, I thought it was Clw you meant. The Tampa aquarium is very different and I just didn't think Winter was ever over there. You probably went up to Crystal river for the mermaid show or perhaps Weekiwachee?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Weekiwachee is where we saw the Mermaid show. Like stepping back in time. We especially liked seeing Winter -- very helpful for a little girl who wears glasses and doesn't like to.
The Clearwater aquarium is very small, non-commercial feeling. You can just tell they do real rescue work there. They had baby sea otters at the time and they were SO cute.

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Yes, it's a lovely spot. I visit often :-)

Can you imagine working as a mermaid for a living and spending 8 hours in and under water? I knew a guy years ago whose ex wife was one, LOL. Killer on the skin.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 23, 2011 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I saw the movie tonight with my 14-year old DD and one of her friends and the three of us were wiping tears under our 3D glasses (which I agree...except for a few technical things they throw in while designing the prosthetic I didn't feel the 3D added that much...but some of the promos for upcoming movies were awesome in 3D. Great movie for the family. Now my daughter wants to go and see Winter (heck of a drive from Texas!)

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 1:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I love the concept of this movie. I'm so glad people are reacting positively to it. I can't wait to see it for myself.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Roxip, did you see the preview for Hugo? Now, that looked amazing in 3d!

Since my daughter lives in Florida, I think when I visit I might have to make my way over to see Winter.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Winter in Florida. Figures.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
We saw the movie today and really enjoyed it. The documentary scenes at the end pushed me over the edge into a sea of tears. Good flick!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The previews for Hugo looked amazing as did the ones for the animated penguin flick.

The reason Winter was (supposedly) named Winter was because they had two other dolphins named after seasons who were healed and released so she was named that as it had given those other dolphins good luck, but I just went to the website and the real "non-Hollywood" story is that she was rescued in the winter. DUH!

I of course went home and went to the website so I could watch Winter on dolphin cam!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Winter for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Just saw the movie - and it totally blindsided me! I did not expect to be that emotional at parts - and i agree, those documentary scenes at the end sent me over the edge - only Darth Vader dying and the last scene in Beaches have done that before.

and my two year old watched the whole thing too!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, September 13, 2014 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I just saw this last night. Loved it! Very, very good.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: