TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 users admin

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
We are seeing the midnight show tonight. anyone else seeing it?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Not tonight but I hope to get to see it eventually.

Kreno

08-21-2005

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kreno a private message Print Post    
All 7 of us will be there tonight.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Just home from the movie. It was really good and well done.

Callasin

06-21-2005

Friday, July 15, 2011 - 3:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
I saw it Wednesday, a perk of knowing the right people at the movie theater. It was really good but I am sad it's over.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Friday, July 15, 2011 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Saw it! 10 of the 14 theatres were having a midnight showing and all were sold out.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, July 16, 2011 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Worst opening weekend ever!!!!!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, July 16, 2011 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
you are kidding right?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, July 16, 2011 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
He is kidding.

Friday Report: 'Harry Potter' Conjures Opening Day Record

On Friday, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 soared into the record books with the highest-grossing single day ever. The series finale drew an estimated $92.1 million on around 11,000 screens at 4,375 locations, dethroning The Twilight Saga: New Moon's $72.7 million

... more at the link

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3210

Whiplash

03-29-2011

Saturday, July 16, 2011 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whiplash a private message Print Post    
I saw it Friday and loved it. Can't believe it is over...

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
I'm probably the only person on earth (insert "yes you are" here) that was disappointed by this movie.

Don't get me wrong, on one level it was fantastic, exciting, well crafted, well acted, full of excitement, drama, pathos, etc. and I enjoyed the heck out of watching it.

But I am so tired of the many changes made in translation from book to movie. Oh I know it's always going to happen when creating a film that was originally a book, but come on! There were so many things changed in this movie that did not have to be done differently in the movie than originally presented in the book.

I've been silently suffering through these changes as the HP movies progressed, but this movie just had way too many changes. I don't like it, and I never will.

Oh I'm sure I'll watch the movie a million times like I've watched all the others, but all the unnecessary things done differently will bother me forever.

Okay, ranting over. Mischief managed.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I saw it yesterday with a couple of friends and all 3 of us loved it I wonder if the kids will be the next ones.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, August 05, 2011 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Any big Potter fans. pottermore.com is open right this minute for early registration. Not sure how long it will last.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, August 05, 2011 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I've already registered!

I finally saw it yesterday. I felt sad throughout the whole movie, knowing that it was the end. I will miss my Snape. I was glad that I brought my tissues with me for that scene! (Thanks Mocha!)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
9.77/10

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Weinermr, do you care to elaborate on what the book and movie did differently? Maybe vent it out? :-)

Agreed there will always be differences. My DD and I are listening to the book on tape when we take road trips. We are about 1/2 done and so far are not finding huge disturbing differences. I read the book long ago, but I don't recall specifics.

I still think Prisoner of Az is the best film. I can't say I loved this film, it's just so dark and I feel sad that the story is ending. But it is what it is.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, September 09, 2011 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Finally went to see it last night. I didn't want to go see it because it meant closing the chapter on what to me has been a great series. The movie was brilliant and fun and heartbreaking. My biggest complaint would be the ending. It felt weird when they kept showing Ron, Hermione and Harry standing staring into the distance on the bridge. It felt "pushed". The train station felt a bit rushed. I didn't feel a connection.

But Love the movie and I will miss the series. Sad it is over.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Two scenes changed and/or altered bothered me. The climactic battle between Harry and Voldemoort was in full view of everyone in the book, but was not in the movie. They battled alone. Seemed weird they'd change that scene. The other one was in the book, Harry went looking for the diadem in Ravenclaw's common room under his cloak and the sibling death-eaters were there with McGonagall and I think one of them spit on McGonagall(been a while since I read the book) and then Harry un-cloaks and stuns them as he is outraged by their disrespect of her. I thought that scene would play very well on the big screen, and they never showed it.

One scene that was exactly as I pictured in my mind was the white scene with Dumbledore at the Kings Cross station after Harry is nearly killed by Voldemoort.

All in all though, it was a very well done action movie.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just watched it and was shocked at how much I disliked it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Have you read the books, OG? What didn't you like about it.

(I haven't seen it yet, but I've read the books.)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I've read all the books and now have seen all the movies.

Hallows part 2 is just filmed so dark you can't tell what the heck is going on. Plus I just couldn't follow the action it was so disjointed.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
From tomorrow through Christmas Walmart has all 8 dvds for $29.96 (total-not separately)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen this, but it is part of the HP Marathon on Free and I will be watching it later tonight.

So, is this the last one? TIA.

Angelrsg

08-08-2005

Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelrsg a private message Print Post    
Yes, it is.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Angelrsg.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, January 02, 2022 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Just saw the Return to Hogwarts on HBO Max. Got the channel just to see this movie. Loved it! It's so touching how much they love each other.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, January 02, 2022 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm planning to watch it tonight with my wife and my DD. Looking forward to it!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 03, 2022 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it a lot too. I love nostalgia.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: