TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Midnight in Paris

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Midnight in Paris users admin

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
OK so I am not a Woody Allen fan. I have never liked his films. But I really enjoyed this film.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's very charming. I really enjoyed it too. And since I always stay through all of the credits, I was treated to 7 theater employees doing the can-can at the end!

I wonder if Wilson will star in more Allen flicks. He's a perfect replacement as the lead character. He can deliver many of those great Woody lines so well, and he's more charming and likable.

I've always enjoyed the older films, Annie Hall, Manhattan. I enjoyed Crimes and Misdemeanors too -- a very different Allen film. I'd say this is his best work in ages.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
It's interesting because after I saw it, I thought, "that was the most satisfying Woody Allen film I've seen since Bullets Over Broadway," thinking that wasn't that long ago. Turns out it was in 1994! That's not to say Mr Allen hasn't made some good films since then--he has--but he's also made the (IMO) nearly unwatchable Vicki Christina Barcelona and the mean spirited, misogynist Whatever Works. One Christmas, I went with my friends for the annual Jewish tradition of movies and Chinese food on Christmas and we saw Deconstructing Harry, which has its moments, but I was so offended by the film I was miserable during the post-film dinner, telling my dinner companions I felt like I needed to go home and loofah with sandpaper after watching it (the script included I think 4 references to the C word in a 90 minute film).

Anyhow, despite all that, I am a big fan of Mr Allen's work and Midnight in Paris is his best film since Bullets Over Broadway. Don't speak! Silence!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: