TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Green Lantern

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Green Lantern users admin

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
Have preview tickets, but they aren't until the 15th. Article out saying they are already working on the script for Part 2.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Hope you love it

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I want to see this, pls report back and let us know if its as good as it looks

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
Good, but not great. The showing was late, It was supposed to be a 2D screening, but they ordered the 3-D, so we at least got that bonus. Great 3D.

The movie started with a lot of storyline being told to you by a narrator voice. Sort of like the beginning of Lord of the Rings. This is no Lord of the Rings. Once the story got going, it was pretty good, though. The 3-D and the CGI are excellent. I think those people who have read the comics, (sorry, graphic novels) would appreciate this movie more.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
First 3D movie. Last 3D movie. Movie score = 7/10 despite the 3D. ymmv

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Will never understand the appeal of 3D. Seems to me to be a promising technology that's not yet ready for prime-time. Makes the film darker, less crisp, you can't tilt/turn your head. (sigh) Anyway... enjoyed the movie in spite of it, more than I thought I would after reading some of the reviews out there. Better than Thor, better than the recent X-men. A lot of that is due to Ryan Reynolds who has great comedic delivery.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
KL, I dont think the 3D was really needed for this movie, maybe for the final big scenes but otherwise no. I think 3D will be worth it for Transformers. So give that a try before ya give up on 3D :-)

Dylan and I saw it...very slllllooooowww once it got started (which was over an hour, imo) it was ok, not great. I didnt feel chemistry between any of the characters.

Stay for credits, there is extra scene that is worth staying for

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Darrel, I forgot to ck here before we went, you had same thoughts as me ..great minds!

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I agree good but not great it could wait until dvd my movietheater made real mistake they first were showing Super 8 when it was suppose be Green Lantern but they made it up by giving us free tickets for Digital movies for the next mmovie I am saving mine for Harry Potter

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i basically liked it. i dont like the actor who played the new Green Lantern but i thought the movie was welldone.

I'm a sci fi fan so i loved the cgi interpretation of flying thru space and landing on the Lantern Planet

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the movie. Even though a lot of it was CGI, I think they did it well. I loved the shots of the other planets and the looks of the aliens. It's definitely set up for a sequel.

Looking forward to the new "Avengers" movie, as well. I figured Green Lantern would be in it, but he's not listed at IMDB as being in it. Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Iron Man, The Hulk, and Hawkeye are all listed, but not The Lantern.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 29, 2011 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I, for one, love the actor, Ryan Reynolds, playing Green Lantern. He can do anything and I'd watch :-) I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. At first, I thought it was so-so but it picked up steam. Peter Saarsgard was really good too. I also thought the CGI was well done. We have Captain America and Thor here but I haven't watched them yet. My son said he enjoyed Thor.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: