TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Water for Elephants

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Water for Elephants users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, April 22, 2011 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
There's a less than enthusiastic review at http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49369

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, April 22, 2011 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
DH and I saw it today. We both liked it. The elephant is awesome!

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Friday, April 22, 2011 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
I like Reese Witherspoon. Have never seen Rob Patterson in anything. I would like to see this but maybe wait til it comes out on dvd.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 22, 2011 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
After reading and loving the book, I'm always interested to see how a movie comes out. I'll go and see it and hopefully, it's half as good as the book.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've heard the violence against the elephant is disturbing (as it was in the book). Even though I just read an article that said they never touched her (it was all done with CGI and nerf sticks) and the sounds of a distressed elephant were dubbed, I still think it would be hard to watch. How was that part, Mak?

Mak1

08-11-2002

Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
That part made me feel sick, Babyjaxmom, very disturbing. :-( I knew it wasn't really happening, but I had to look away, just thinking of animal cruelty that actually does occur.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I hid everytime there was violence against the elephant. I know it was not real but it did sound real. I did enjoy the book but the film left me bored. Hubby kept looking at his watch. He did not like the film. If yoiiu read the book I would wait for dvd or hit a cheap showing.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I had a hard time with the animal, as well as the people, cruelty in the book, too. Not sure I'd be able to watch it. May wait for it to come out on HBO and then I can FF thru the icky parts.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I watched this last night and also read the book, the book was wonderful......I am a animal lover so of course the parts with 'Rosie' that was the elephants name 'i think'..made me cringe... but I know this shit happens, so I guess my only Savior was that I knew that the elephant would be loved in the long run.......'I Cried'...

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Loved the book and just watched the movie last night. I liked the book better than the movie, but it was okay.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Loved the book and the film.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: