TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 13, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 13, 2011 users admin

Friend

05-21-2008

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Friend a private message Print Post    
Zgoodgirl, I saw Mary and Max some time ago and loved it.

Friend

05-21-2008

Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Friend a private message Print Post    
The King's Speech is wonderful if you like a dialogue movie. No car chases or crazy shooting scenes here but there is drama enough and a surprising amount of comedy as well. DH and I both loved it.

Little Fockers was good if you're looking for something light and want a few laughs. It's pretty much in line with the rest of the Focker franchise. It's nothing that needs to be seen on the big screen though. This one is perfectly fine for the couch and a bag of popcorn at home.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
The King's Speech is #1 on my MUST SEE list. I was hoping to go today but not sure I'll venture out.

Friend

05-21-2008

Monday, January 03, 2011 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Friend a private message Print Post    
Did you go, Mame?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 03, 2011 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Not yet. My friend I was going to see it with is sick.

Friend

05-21-2008

Monday, January 03, 2011 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Friend a private message Print Post    
Well, poo. I hope you get to see it soon.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Case 39 is good if you like creepy children :-)

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
The Focker clan should retire now. We thought Little Fockers would have funny little kid stuff, but the funny parts were few and far between. Owen Wilson's character took up about half the film. An EW review gave it a C-. I think that was about right.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 1:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Just saw a sneak preview of Season of the Witch...it's probably not for everyone, but Cage's performance is pretty intense. It's got a few funny scenes early on, but the humor goes away pretty quick as the film gets a lot darker. The dialogue is fairly hokey at times, as well.

Chaplin

01-08-2006

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chaplin a private message Print Post    
Saw The King's Speech tonight and I highly recommend it also. On a side note I did not know Claire Bloom was in it albeit in a cameo role which of course only heightened my love for it 100 percent more! My Aunt Melissa choreographed the movie Limelight for Charlie Chaplin and it was a very young Claire Bloom who asked my Aunt to double for her in all her ballet scenes in the movie.

Colin Firth, Helena Bonham Carter as well as Jeffery Rush all were amazing in their roles as were the children who played the young Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret.

This movie is a must see before the Oscars and I definitely will be seeing this movie again for sure! A double thumbs up!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Saw Machete recently. It was a lot more fun and entertaining than I was expecting it to be. I like Robert Rodriguez, but I wasn't expecting to really like "Machete"...but I do. Trejo, Rodriguez, Alba...and supporting roles from DeNiro, Fahey, Marin, and Don Johnson. I can say that I loved this movie. It's not a film that the critics will like, but it's a film that guys who like guy films will like.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, January 28, 2011 - 4:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sounds like a horror film? I have liked some of Robert Rodriguez. How bloody and gross was this one?

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, January 28, 2011 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
It's not really a horror film. It's more of a revenge film. The subject matter deals with illegal immigration and the drug trade. It is bloody and there is nudity. I wouldn't consider it "gross". There aren't a lot of close ups on the bloody parts, but there is lots of spurting and heads being removed from bodies. Some of the scenes are really ridiculous; you have to suspend belief in at least two scenes, maybe more.

Chaplin

01-08-2006

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 1:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chaplin a private message Print Post    
I went and saw Black Swan tonight. Holy Toledo what a great film. It left me with a lot of questions which I love about a film. There were so many twists and turns in this Psychological thriller and no I do not mean the dancing although that was brilliant also! I was not a huge Natalie Portman fan before, but I am now!

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Thursday, February 03, 2011 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised there is no thread on The King's Speech. Great job by all concerned. I highly recommend it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 03, 2011 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My daughter and I saw The King's Speech today. Just wonderful all the way around. Every member of the cast played their parts well. Colin Firth was amazing and deserving of every award he's given. The look of fear on his face before he would speak, was just heartwrenching. And Geoffrey Rush just touched my heart. It's an incredible story and one of the best films I've seen in ages.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, February 04, 2011 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I'm eager to see it but am waiting for my both my dd's to be free at the same time. Think it's the only movie this year not to get mixed reviews. 100% of the people I have spoken to that have seen it, loved it.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, February 04, 2011 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Saw Buried 9/10 and Machete 8/10 today.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Friday, February 04, 2011 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
my friend Chris Sparling wrote Buried. I read the script before they went to film it. Scared the living bejesus outta me!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Did you like Machete-Ketchup? I did,although its not for everyone.
Thats neat Landileigh-Its on my list.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I saw The King's Speech today, excellent movie!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I saw it today too, Merrysea. It was fab.u.lous! The galpal I went to the movie with, also enjoyed it immensely. I told her I can't wait to see it again, so she said she'll buy it for me when my birthday comes up in the Spring. :-)

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Saw the conclusion to the Dragon Tattoo trilogy, "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest". It was a satisfying end to a good series. I'm still of the opinion that the first movie was the best of the three, although I'm not sure if that's true of the books, since I did not read them.

It was the only one that offered a dubbed into English version, but I went ahead and watched it like the first two, Swedish language with English subtitles. I know the dubbing sometimes doesn't really catch the nuances.

I highly recommend the trilogy to everyone, but they are R-rated for a reason.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
If you have a daughter that wants to see the Bieber movie, take her. It's really an interesting documentary! I may have enjoyed it more than DD. I thought it would just be a concert film, so if that's what your kid is expecting they may be disappointed. Good behind the scenes info.
I had no idea he was so musically gifted.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We saw Just Go With It today - Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. It was really funny, great laughs and good enough for the audience to clap at the end! Would definitely recommend it for a light hearted date movie.

The movie theater was full with Bieber fans!