TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 28, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 28, 2010 users admin

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Just got back from seeing The Town. Loved it! Had a bit of everything, suspense, action, humor and emotion. Ben Affleck does a wonderful job of preserving authentic Boston.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We saw Red yesterday, it was pretty good - kind of a jaunt with quite a bit of humour.

Msbullwnkl

08-16-2005

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
I second the recommendation for "The Town" with Ben Affleck. My husband and I really enjoy it last night.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Neither dh nor I enjoyed Due Date. It's the sort of humour that makes you tense, a bit like Meet the Fockers or the Office with Michael on one of his worst days, where one horrific thing goes wrong after the other. You just want it all to stop because it's all so horrible.

Friend

05-21-2008

Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Friend a private message Print Post    
Oh no, Kitt! I'm supposed to go see that today!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Tell us what you thought!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
A Film Unfinished.

If this film plays in your city you must see it.

Not really sure what I can say about it but everyone should just see it.

Friend

05-21-2008

Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Friend a private message Print Post    
Wow, it was absolutely horrible. Much worse than I expected, they just tried way too hard.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Thanks friend I will save my money!

Friend

05-21-2008

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Friend a private message Print Post    
No problem, Pippin. Thanks for the tip on A Film Unfinished. I added it to my Netflix queue in case I don't catch it in the theater.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 2:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
I love documentaries and was browsing around Netflix a few weeks ago and decided to watch Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son about his Father.

This movie struck me in the heart and still haunts me. It is about a man who makes a movie for his best friend's son who was murdered before he was born. It takes you through his life showing the people that he has touched along the way. I did not read reviews, nor knew the the whole story as to what had happened so maybe that is why it struck me so hard. So that is why I have to recommend that if anyone watches to do the same so that the film gets the opportunity to have the impact that the director expected you to have, and should have. Afterwards, I felt as if I knew this family and had nothing but love and admiration for them. It was a beautiful but tragic tribute that will be forever in my heart.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I could spoil 127 Hours. I think we all know what happens. It's a very powerful film. I liked it a lot. I hope Franco gets an Oscar nod.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I am too scared to watch 127 hours, not sure I could watch it without becoming a blubbering mess.

We saw Unstoppable today. Bit of a slow start but once it gets going it really does get quite nerve wracking. And Chris Pine is in it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I didn't find myself crying until the end, and then the tears just started rolling.

Yankee_in_ca

08-01-2000

Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yankee_in_ca a private message Print Post    
Zgoodgirl, I saw Dear Zachary on Netflix by chance last year. I cried. It stuck with me too. So powerful.

Friend

05-21-2008

Friday, December 10, 2010 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Friend a private message Print Post    
We just watched My Name is Khan. Long but so worth it. Have plenty of tissues on hand.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I lol a lot during Due Date! Very entertaining!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Saw How Do You Know today, the one with Reese Witherspoon, Paul Rudd and Owen Wilson. It was a bit mixed... for some reason I felt Reese's character wasn't very likeable, but Paul Rudd was delightful as ever. I'd say it was something worth seeing on cable, but maybe not paying for at the cinema.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Saw "The Fighter" last night. A very good movie. Christian Bale is amazing as he immerses into the character he plays. Just wow... he will get a best supporting actor nomination for sure.

Amy Adams (a different role for her) and Mark Walberg (he could still do underwear ads) were also amazing.

While some of the scenes were intense and hard to watch, the movie was very worthwhile to see.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I commented on The Fighter in General Chit Chat-Yes, an excellent movie.We may go see True Grit tomorrow.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Well, I got a few movies on DVD for Christmas, and I watched "The Town" and "The A-Team". Didn't see a thread for either one. I liked both and recommend them. The Town, especially.

Yankee_in_ca

07-31-2000

Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yankee_in_ca a private message Print Post    
Completely recommend The King's Speech. A relatively simple tale made fabulous due, in no small part, to the impeccable acting -- particularly the scenes with Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
Saw Mary and Max on Netflix last night. It's a claymation about a lonely 8 year old girl in Australia who picks a name from a phone book to write to who happens to be a 48 year old New Yorker who has Asperger's.

Was a sad, but funny, yet morbid little movie. Hard to explain, but I really did enjoy it.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
The other day I watched About A Boy staring Hugh Grant. It was interesting and I liked it. It's from 2002 and surprisingly had 7.4/10 on imdb. It is kind of a different movie.

Bandit

07-29-2001

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
Weird, Happymom....I just watched that last night on Netflix. I had never seen it before but heard a lot about it. I enjoyed it a lot..cute movie.