TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 14, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 14, 2009 users admin

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Saturday, July 25, 2009 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
saw the orphan last night. predictable scary movie, except for the end. i had no idea that's how it would end at all.

i would wait to see it on matinee or even until it is in video stores.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, July 25, 2009 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Beckie - We saw HP and enjoyed it. You can't go in expecting it to be totally true to the book, though.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Saturday, July 25, 2009 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed HP. After seeing all the films I feel obligated to keep seeing them. This one had a fair amount of humor but the ending feels like a cliff hanger, like it's just not complete and maybe that's because I know 2 more movies are coming and have read the final book. I think all the films are must sees for HP fans.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Ugly Truth - bit disappointing. Too much of the annoying guy being annoying.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Funny People - if you go in expecting an hour and a half comedy you'll be sadly disappointed. It's funny but two and a quarter hours that really drag and never quite seem to have focus. I'd recommend waiting for cable/dvd.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Was at the sneak preview here... and it was entertaining but waaaay too many fratboy type 'dick and balls' jokes. Not remotely my kind of humour. Plus I can't stand Adam Sandler. I'd give it a 4.5 out of 10.

Chaplin

01-08-2006

Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chaplin a private message Print Post    
When I went to see Boy In Striped Pajama's I liked the film until the end. I was totally haunted by it and actually had a nightmare from it. I do not usually get haunted by films about that genre and have seen many and also own many books/films on the Holocaust both Fiction and Non-Fiction. I read the book after and was just as haunted. Still it was extremely well written and so was compelled to read it all.

Beckie Harry Potter was good however, not as faithful to the books/storyline as the others and left out some crucial scenes I felt.

The best movie I have seen at theater recently was Up. Up was a very simple movie yet dealt with so many issues very powerfully. It is a cartoon yet I would not recommend to young kids because they would not really understand all the issues/nuances it deals with, although it is not bad for them in the way adult movies are. Such as profanity being used or something as there is none used. There is a child character in this movie however, again I think there would be the need to explain a lot to a child in this movie. Maybe an older child would get it such as a pre-teen or teenager.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Friday, August 07, 2009 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Julie & Julia... Loved it, didn't want it to end.

Meryl Streep is gold

Spelll

09-16-2005

Saturday, August 08, 2009 - 3:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spelll a private message Print Post    
Julie & Julia.... definite Oscar winner! Comical, deep... beautiful acting throughout.

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
an american crime.

ellen page and james franco.

based on a true story.

what an amazing movie. ellen page did awesome.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Since I have a daycare, I've seen the kids' films of summer. The last three have been G-Force, Aliens in the Attic and Shorts. For me, I think I laughed more with Aliens in the Attic than any of the others but the kids loved Shorts. It's a kids' film with a snot monster, slime and lots of crazy wishes.

Ritsin

05-06-2005

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 1:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritsin a private message Print Post    
The Hurt Locker with Jeremy Renner of The Unusuals. Straightforward look at the life of a bomb squad technician in Iraq. Great acting and directing.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, August 28, 2009 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Anyone else see a movie called Rec? I liked it.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Friday, August 28, 2009 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ketch, is it a horror films? If so, probably not my cup of tea. I liked those as a teen, but no more. :-)

It doesn't look like James Franco is in An American Crime much, is he? Sounds like an intriguing movie. I do like thrillers and mysteries.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 30, 2009 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
It's scary.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If you love sappy crying movies, you have to see "Nights in Rodanthe" with Richard Gere and Diane Lane. I was sitting there last night thinking how sappy and predictable the movie is, but then I realized I was sitting sobbing...LOL I think that means I loved it...LOL

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Naja, I saw it in the theatre with DH when it came out, and we were 'both' a little sniffly. LOL

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Saturday, September 05, 2009 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
It doesn't look like James Franco is in An American Crime much, is he? Sounds like an intriguing movie. I do like thrillers and mysteries.

James isn't in it much...just enough to keep me interested tho (love him...he's a cutie). Definitely a good movie...hard to stomach sometimes, especially at the thought that this lady actually did many of those things.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
All About Steve - ok, but mostly due to the actors. Doesn't really go anywhere, but is funny in places.

Extract - again, not much more than ok. Has an "Office Space" feel but not the humour.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just watched 'DOUBT'. That Meryl Streep is an American gem.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
OG IMHO, if you watch a double feature of Streep in Mamma Mia and Doubt, Like I did, it's a real one-two punch of her talent.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I've bowed to her ever since Sophie's Choice.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Invention of Lying - looked good in the trailers but not so funny in movie form. Also might offend anyone religious.

Zombieland - if you fancy lots of zombie killing gore you can't fault this.

Kstme

08-14-2000

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kstme a private message Print Post    
RSLOVER
I'm so glad you took the time, and it does take time, to watch some Hindi movies. Still laughing, Shahrukh isn't really in every movie...it just seems that way!

Bachna Ae Haseeno, with Ranbir Kapoor is a fun movie, also. Total escapism!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I saw Invention of Lying and found it to be very enjoyable and quite funny. I agree that it might offend anyone religious.