TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 14, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 14, 2009 users admin

Rissa

03-20-2006

Monday, June 08, 2009 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Excellent, will haunt you.

Re: Wall-E I didn't enjoy it all that much either but then I generally am turned off by anything that rotates around *cute* children and animals and Wall-E was reminiscent of both.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 4:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
New In Town very typical Rene Zellwegger movie. So if you have enjoyed her "Bridget" movies you will enjoy this one. Funny love story, I enjoyed it.

I agree about Wall-E...I found it slow and boring and did not finish it

Next movie I plan to watch...Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood....previews look good.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
My college sophmore daughter just saw UP. She is very particular about films (probably going to major in film study type something). She said it was very very good and also sad in parts, she cried and almost never cries in movies.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
my 26 year old son just took me to see up.
he'd seen it in nyc and wanted to share the experience with me here in la.
he cried both times.

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
The Hangover.

yes it's funny stupid.

but it is hilarious. truly hilarious.

everyone should see it.

"what happens in vegas, stays in vegas. well except herpes, that follows you."

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I liked the Hangover too. Raunchy, but very funny. Clever funny too.

Konamouse

07-16-2001

Friday, June 19, 2009 - 4:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
The Hangover - I was laughing so hard I started to choke on my water. This will become a cult favorite of fraternities and bachelor parties (replacing The Bachelor).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kitt and Naja, my 8 yo is currently fixated on Kung Fu Panda. We have it on the DVR and he watches it over and over. My brother was here last month and he hates "cartoon" movies, but he loved Kung Fu Panda. It's a cutie.

Msbullwnkl

08-16-2005

Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
I highly recommend "The Proposal" if you are looking for a movie to see. It was very funny, and seeing Ryan Reynolds mostly naked wasn't too bad either.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also loved Hangover!!! I have loved Bradley Cooper since Alias and he was even sexier in this movie.

Only complaint is that I would have rather seen video of what they did. Those pics were so funny that I wanted to see more!

Babyruth

07-19-2001

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyruth a private message Print Post    
"Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog".
Freakin' hilarious and great music, too!
Nathan Filion fans and Neil Patrick Harris fans will especially love it. Be sure to watch the "extras" if you rent the DVD.

Rissa

03-20-2006

Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 4:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Where were you when it had it's own thread last year Babyruth? LOL Just kidding. My dd's know every single word to the dialogue and music. I've tried getting family/friends into it with mixed results.... seems to be an absolutely love it or leave it type of show. NPH is amazing, as is Fillion and it's a hoot picking out the Whedon brothers in various cameos.

Babyruth

07-19-2001

Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyruth a private message Print Post    
Oops, I guess I was under a rock. I found this on Netflix. Anyway, I'm now enjoying the fan websites. I hope they do the sequel.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Dr. Horrible was a classic. Just loved it!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We went and saw The Proposal today. Great fun! I think we laughed throughout most of it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Really enjoyed Transformers 2. Good amount of humour. Very loud though.

The Proposal was excellent.

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
twilight. lame.

not all the way through it, but i'm getting easily distracted.

the two main characters do not articulate the words enough, so i have to keep rewinding.

not enjoying it as much as people hyped it. nothing compared to the harry potter or pirate movies.

i hope the books are better.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Heh, Beckie, Caleb got to watch Twilight in school (the last week of school) as a treat. I told him I was really interested in what he thought since we have similar movie tastes and when he came home and I asked he just rolled his eyes. Said it was a chick flick and he just didn't enjoy it, not enough action. I was quite disappointed, I know if he didn't like it, I won't either.

Rissa

03-20-2006

Friday, July 03, 2009 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Sorry to disapoint you Beckie but I think you should look elsewhere for reading material. I think it was Stephen King who compared JK Rowling and Stephanie Mayer (author of the Twilight series) and said they had a lot in common, both had gotten huge amounts of people who were not usual readers to read but the difference was that Rowling actually knew how to write. I have read a lot of scathing reviews of the books and specifically Mayer's ability to tell a story. As for the movie, besides staring at each other for long stretches, there is little action, little dialogue. I understand that for the sequel being filmed right now they changed directors and asked the writers to change the storyline so perhaps #2 will be an improvement. Tell Caleb I have a house full of chicks and none of us liked it either. LOL

Rissa

03-20-2006

Friday, July 03, 2009 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I found the quote for you Beckie:

Stephen King slams Twilight author "Both Rowling and Meyer, they're speaking directly to young people," he says. "The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good."

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Friday, July 03, 2009 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
thanks rissa.

i've heard friends try to compare the two.

this is why i hate watching super hyped movies...i always seem disappointed.

i will say, from the baseball scene on...it was a good movie. of course, that was like the last 45 minutes of the movie...soo...

and i love stephen king, so i definitely respect his opinion. good to know about the books too, even though i've also heard the books are a bit better than the movie.

oh and i still don't see what's so great or hot about robert pattison, or however you spell his name. he's not even dork cute.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, July 03, 2009 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
LOL Rissa, the only reason Caleb was interested in seeing it was cuz he was hoping the girls would be scared.

I have a list of books somewhere around here SK suggested for reading that I want to read eventually. I, too, am a huge fan of his and think he knows what he's talking about when it comes to writing.

Knightpatti

12-06-2001

Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Went to see My Sister's Keeper yesterday. Disappointed. I have not read any of Jodi's books and some of my customers have said that they can not get enough of her books. The movie was slow. Hated the scenes of her spitting up blood. We were told to bring kleenex, but we did not find it sad. My dd said she cried more at Marley & Me.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
This week we watched Gran Torino and Boy in Striped Pajamas. They were both good stories, but I have to admit, GT pulled me in a LOT more and had a much greater emotional impact on me that BSP did. I was actually rather amazed at that - but there ya' have it.

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
if/when anyone sees HP can someone post if it was a good movie or not...i'm hearing really mixed reviews.