TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 05, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 05, 2009 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Elizabeth and I just got back from seeing Shopaholic. Very cute, light movie. And Hugh Dancy is some serious eye candy.

Msbullwnkl

08-16-2005

Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
Husband and I went to see "Taken" tonight. It was really good!

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Friday, March 06, 2009 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
watchmen. loved it. great special effects. some scenes were not needed (didn't add to the story).

definitely recommend it.

Eeyoreslament

07-20-2003

Friday, March 06, 2009 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eeyoreslament a private message Print Post    
Watchmen: TERRIBLE. Download it, or at least wait until the theaters aren't so packed, so you can go for a food or pee break when you realize you're bored. And trust me, you won't miss anything. It's a crap plot, there are tons of useless scenes, and it's a 3 hour waste of time.

Download it, or see it in a few weeks, when you can stretch out, get comfortable, and go for regular breaks without bothering everyone in the row. Seriously boring, poorly acted movie.

Tvfreak

04-09-2008

Friday, March 13, 2009 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvfreak a private message Print Post    
While I haven't seen it yet, we're going to watch Au Pair 3 on ABC Family this Sunday. My niece loved the first two. It's a great kid friendly (and romantic comedy) choice for the younger ones.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Escape to Witch Mountain - fun, not excellent fun, but fun nonetheless

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I took my 12-year old to see He's Not That INto You this weekend and we both liked it. I think it should be required viewing for all dating age girls! Not great as far as language was concerned but I wish I had known that when I was dating (although I would have probably have ignored it).

We also saw Hotel For Dogs and really liked it too. But of course she was ONLY 11 then...LOL!

Herckleperckle

11-20-2003

Saturday, April 04, 2009 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Herckleperckle a private message Print Post    
Sunshine Cleaning

You'll laugh and cry and LOVE it!

Skootz

07-23-2003

Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skootz a private message Print Post    
Fireproof!!!!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, April 06, 2009 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Doubt - very slow but interesting so you want to keep watching
Revolutionary Road - after watching 15 minutes of non-stop arguing I turned it off
Valkyrie - surprisingly ok

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Boy in the Striped Pajamas - simply brilliant

Knightpatti

12-06-2001

Monday, April 13, 2009 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Saw Duplicity this week-end. Would not recommend it.

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Monday, April 13, 2009 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
fast and the furious - much like the first one, but good actions scenes. i enjoyed it immensely, but like i said, it is similar to the first one. if you want to see it, i would go matinee; otherwise, if you can wait, wait.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was a bit disappointed in Sunshine Cleaning

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, April 24, 2009 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Earth - hate to say it but a little disappointing. If you've seen the Planet Earth series you've seen it all, it's like a series of clips from the series. Great pictures of course, but not as special as I'd hoped.

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Sunday, April 26, 2009 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Kitt, we went and saw Earth yesterday.... Of course I thought it was beautifull and Im happy a tree (is sopposed) will be planted because we were in the first week... We went to a early show so it was only 5 bucks.... But I had to cover my eyes thru tons of it cause I cant take the "hunting" parts...
Also I was so surpized at the amount of little kids in the theater... Oh hell no! I got nightmares from Bambi when I was little...I would never take a little child to this movie...am I odd or do you think little ones should see the 'hunt' scenes.... I covered my eyes cause I just could not watch....
I did love that 'bird of Paradise'...what a hoot he was!!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, April 26, 2009 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That bird of paradise was spectacular (and a little silly!).

I didn't think the hunting was too bad, I watch a lot of nature shows and they usually show the actual capture, mostly in Earth it was only suggested. (Mostly.) I think I read Disney did it that way on purpose so that it was suitable for a younger audience.

We went to a 12 noon showing and the theatre was almost all children. No one cried, but I think a few of the little ones might have been sad. The 10 year olds around us seemed to think it was exciting, which bothered me a little.

Rissa

03-20-2006

Monday, April 27, 2009 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I agree with Kitt, no eye covering necessary as the hunting scenes stopped at the moment before the ultimate capture. If I recall the only actual contact they showed ended with the prey getting away?

I enjoyed it but my first thought and my last was.... why not in Imax? This is exactly the type of film that would benefit from that type of theatre viewing. As is it, I think it would have been more visually stunning on my basement bigscreen in BluRay.

The preview for Oceans (to be released next Earth day) looked incredible, can't wait.

Twinkie

09-24-2002

Monday, April 27, 2009 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twinkie a private message Print Post    
Vicky Christina Barcelona - Really enjoyed it.

He's Just Not That Into You - Very cute.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Kstme
Upon your recommendation, I watched Jab We Met and Om Shanti Om. Cute movies. Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham was the first Hindi I ever watched and I remembered thinking..omg..does this movie ever end? I am now used to the almost 3 hr length and their overly sentimental fantasy fluff themes. Though the dancing and singing is fun to watch. Is Shahrukh Khan in every movie?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Shahrukh Khan is overrated.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
It's all about the hair. he he

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, May 04, 2009 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
AUSTRALIA

The movie that WOULD NOT END.

Sisalou

07-12-2002

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sisalou a private message Print Post    
Well I am not going to watch Australia if its like that. I went to see Braveheart with my son and I thought I would lose it before that movie was over. I was sitting there saying " Die already, would you die Mel Gibson". I just can't sit in those theater chairs for over 2 hours.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We rented a couple of fun movies. The Great Buck Howard with John Malkovich and Colin Hanks was really a sweet movie. Role Models was a bunch of fun. I laughed my butt off. It might not be for all but we enjoyed it.