TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
2021 Oscars

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: 2021 Oscars users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 26, 2021Kookliebird25 04-26-21  8:29 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 26, 2021 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Did nobody watch the show??? I thought it was interesting how they did it, but it was the most boring Oscar show ever. They didn't have any musical performances (due to Covid) and they didn't really show any clips. I was pleased to see the diversity, though. We recorded the show and FF'd through a lot of it. We only watched the announcement of the winners, and then FF'd through most of the acceptance speeches, especially if we didn't know the people who won. It was a lot faster that way. Regina Kind's dress was gorgeous!

<post moved here from thread in TV section>

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 26, 2021 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was watching shows on my DVR. Every now and then I would see a promo for the Oscars and never did get around to watching, or recording.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
No one i knew watched it. ‘They’ say everyone has tired of self righteous,out of touch celebrities and their lectures. That’s true, but I also think that the content of movies have become boring, there’s no interest in the movies or the movie stars. I tuned it for the pre show for the fashion but didn’t watch the actual awards.

<post moved here from thread in TV section>

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I just didn't even think about movies with all the theaters being closed much of the year and so few releases in 2020.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 29, 2021 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was the lowest rated Oscars ever. Basically, insiders and critics are saying that no one saw any of the shows due to the pandemic. The movies were on so many different streaming platforms, but not in the theaters. I think this is absolutely true. I am not going to sign up for every streaming platform just to watch movies. I did see Hamilton on Disney, but cancelled after 1 month. Other than that, nothing interested me enough to sign up for a streaming platform to watch it.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, April 29, 2021 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I believe low ratings have been the case for all the award shows in recent years.

I don't think I ever watched a full Grammy show and haven't seen any of the Grammy's in years. I ditched the Golden Globes a five or more years ago and missed the Emmy awards last year, which was a shame as they finally got a few awards right.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, April 29, 2021 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
My favourite are the Tony's. Then the Oscar's. Then the Emmy's. (Although I've covered the Daytime Emmy's a few times in the 80s and 90s in NYC.)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, April 29, 2021 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I do like the Tony awards.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, May 01, 2021 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
To me the movies that are usually nominated are of no interest to me. I do wonder about two which I’ll ask about on another thread.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, May 03, 2021 - 3:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
SUGAR Just now seeing your synopsis and opinions on the Oscar movies. Thank you. I can’t say any of the content really sparks my interests, hence one of the reasons I think the Oscar ratings were so low. Any of the movies uplifting?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: