TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 20, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: Archive through January 20, 2020 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I never go to movies in the theater, but just saw the Linda Ronstadt documentary at a small art house and, wow! Just excellent!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, November 03, 2019 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I saw her in about 73 with a little known band called The Eagles. I was about 13. I’ll be sure to see this! I’ve wondered why she doesn’t perform anymore.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I bet that was an amazing show! I've always loved her voice. I have her greatest hits albums (remember record clubs?). I'll keep an eye out for this documentary.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 16, 2019 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, Linda has Parkinson's.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 12:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
CNN is going to show Linda Ronstadt's documentary either New Years eve or day.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sadly, Linda can no longer sing.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Knives Out

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Knives Out -- Ditto Cass, thought it was a fun movie, with good acting.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, December 20, 2019 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I did not know about her Parkinsons. Thanks for the heads up on the Doc.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, December 29, 2019 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Rented Downton Abbey and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a great ending for fans of the show.

Rented Ad Astra, gave it 3 tries and sent it back after watching one hour. I have family members who will watch anything with Pitt in it and they were begging to stop the movie. I am going to go against the critics and say it deserves a Golden Razzi award for everyone involved in this movie from the actors to the writer to the director. Seriously, I feel like this movie was put together by a bunch of stoners sitting around with various storyboards - "hey, how about we include a really tall tower but we won't tell the audience what it is?", "Throw a father figure in", "How about pirates on the moon?", "let's skip the story and see how long before the audience's heads explode!". I want my TWO DOLLARS back!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 30, 2019 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
While I'm not the Mr. Rogers demographic, I thought the Mr. Roger's Neighborhood was nicely done. Tom Hanks.... well, he's just masterful at everything he does.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, December 30, 2019 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
One of my favorite actors ever.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, January 01, 2020 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Saw Little Women yesterday and loved it. I'm sure there will be plenty of Oscar buzz for some of these actresses. All of them were very good.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, January 01, 2020 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I saw Uncut Gems. I'm understanding why they are praising Sandler's work here, but this is a hard film to like. I have a problem with people doing stupid things over and over and it just seemed far fetched to me. I saw a couple and an individual get up and leave the show. I don't think they were offended, just bored.

We liked Little Women.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, January 03, 2020 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I PPVd Judy. I really thought Renee did a good job. Every now and then her regular voice would come out,even in her singing, but over all good job.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, January 08, 2020 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I saw Joker last night. Meh, I was disappointed. I don’t know what I was expecting but I just wasn’t all that enthused. The acting was good, but I’m not sure one of the other best actors at the Golden Globes wasn’t better. To me it’s easier to play crazy, but then I’m not an actor so what do I know?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2020 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven’t seen it yet. One of my DD’s thought it was great and my other DD thought it was okay.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Wasn’t it Ketchuplover that use to give us ratings of movies? I wonder what happened to her? By the lack of new posts here, I think we can see why many movies are dying at the box office. I know for me, I’d rather wait until I can see them at home.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The last movie that I saw at the theater was Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Much to my surprise, I thought it was pretty good.

For the record, I didn't like The Last Jedi (the previous one) at all for a whole bunch of reasons, though mainly because I felt that it wasn't consistent with the universe that had been created in the previous movies. Frankly, a lot of stuff in The Last Jedi was incredibly stupid. Terrible writing.

The Rise of Skywalker redeemed the series a bit.

Generally, we go to see very few movies at the theater.

I'm thinking about going to see 1917, so if anyone has seen it, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Dying to see 1917.
I have seen none of the Star Wars movies, not my genre,but I was thinking I should at least see the first one.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, January 18, 2020 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Finally got my husband to agree to see a movie (1917) and when we got there it was sold out.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 18, 2020 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh I’m glad it’s doing well but that’s disappointing. I hope you’ll try again.

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Sunday, January 19, 2020 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
I saw The Rise of Skywalker yesterday. It was terribly emotional for me. I cry at just about anything and the tears were flowing. I saw the first Star Wars movie in 1977 as a college student and this silly space universe means a lot to me. There were many stretches of logic to make things end up where they wanted to go, but I chose to ignore those things and just enjoy the sweep, the technical genius, and the heart. I know it’s not anywhere near perfect, but I loved it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 19, 2020 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Weinermr, great review! Are you watching the Mandalorian?

I have never been a star wars fan and only watched the last 3 movies just so I would understand and appreciate Star Wars at Disney...I am now a fan! I loved those 3 movies and Mandalorian!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, January 20, 2020 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I really liked The Rise of Skywalker...

My son has 1917 as one of his favorite movies... Rocky and Logan are his others... He said it may actually be his all-time favorite.