TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 14, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: Archive through December 14, 2018 users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
A Ghost Story

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Nice to see you back Ketchup. I've been interested in that one....
I saw the new Blade Runner today. Visually it's a feast. It has a great look and mood about it. I'm not a huge fan of the original film and I can't say I'm a huge fan of this story, but the experience of seeing in a theater is not something I'll soon forget. I feel like I went to another world. Well done. I expect Oscars for visual effects for this one.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
We saw The Man Who Invented Christmas, a story about Charles Dickens and the writing of A Christmas Carol.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The latest Ready Player One trailer has dropped. Also Pacific Rim Uprising ... Enjoy

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We saw I, Tonya recently and liked it. The mockumentary is funny. I remember the main event be not interviews with her mom or the husband's friend.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We just saw "The Shape of Water" today and loved it. But I admit the musical/dance number was a bit much. LOL

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
Some good movies seen lately; Lady Bird, Marshall, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, The Man Who Invented Christmas, Goodbye Christopher Robin.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, March 17, 2018 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Love Simon -- my teen and I both really enjoyed this.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
Incredibles 2 was good, maybe even better than the 1st. Kids liked it as well :-)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I liked it too. Considering the story and plot line had to have started many years ago for the animation, I thought it was very current to today and empowering for young girls. Loving the baby!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, September 03, 2018 - 4:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
The movie RBG is going to be on CNN tonight at 9 pm.

It's about Ruth Bader Ginsberg. I had been waiting and hoping it would come to a local movie theater, but now I get to watch it for free. Yay!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked Oceans 8.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I really liked A Star is Born.. Lady Gaga was sooooooooooo good. So Very good.

I remember seeing the Barbra Streisand one years ago when I was a kid and loving it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
me too!! so I didnt think I would like this one but I did!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've been hearing so many wonderful things about that movie. It's nice because I think she is a multi-talented wonderful performer who cares about her fans (which is a nice combination for sure).

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Seeing it Wednesday. Can't wait!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Just saw Bohemian Rhapsody. Wonderful acting and singing by Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury. Freddie was pure genius and such a loss to the world.
Very emotional movie and one I will probably see again. At the end of the movie no one spoke or left the theater. All sat silently and watched the credits roll with clips of the real Freddie and Queen performing.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Snoopsmom. I wanted to see it but wasn't sure if it would be any good. Now I will definitely see it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
My DD went to see it the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Great to know. I want to see it, but I thought all the singing is acutally Queen.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I watch some little kids' so on opening day I took them to see "Ralph wrecks the internet'.

It was actually very good. I cant imagine the amount of work that it takes to do all the animation.

I am constantly harping on them that they spend to much time on their ipads, (Present times dilemma) But this show was really cute and kind of gave me insight to these little brains they have' actually big people brains to... How addicting and frustrating the internet is...

This was a fun show.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
We liked Ralph Breaks the Internet too. Very cute with a good message. Be sure to stay for ALL of the credits!

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
We saw Bohemian Rhapsody today. It was very good. Ramin Malek was amazing in the role, he WAS Freddie. Although I loved their music, I really didn't know too much about the band...good story, great music, some parts were quite emotional. I highly recommend it!

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Friday, December 14, 2018 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I recommend Bohemian Rhapsody too. I loved it and would see it again. Malek was amazing!! and casting did a great job on his bandmates too.. they look exactly the same as the originals!!

my only criticism is it could have been longer. Id love to have known more about his family life and growing up. He sure was a talented guy

While there I saw a preview of the Elton John one coming out next year. That will be a MUST SEE!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, December 14, 2018 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I second that! Just saw Bohemian Rhapsody today and thoroughly enjoyed it.