TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Episode VIII

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Episode VIII users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 15, 2017 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, it was really excellent and I can't believe I actually saw it on opening day. I was in the "old people" room (no 3D), had these new recliner seats....who knew the movies would be so fun.

Anyway, it was very entertaining, and I came away feeling hopeful and willing to join the rebel cause. Luke was fabulous, I still don't like Kylo Ren. Still love Rey, Finn and BB8.

ANd I especially liked the crystal cat/dogs, LOL. The Porgs were just birds but very expressive and enjoyable.

I loved Laura Dern's hair, LOL. And I am not sure if DJ (Benicio Del Toro) is a good guy or a bad guy, but he was an excellent character.

I was also cracking up at General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson) because he takes a licking and keeps on ticking, so to speak. When I go again I will keep track of how many times he is beat up.

Great story and it will be interesting to see where it goes next.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We’ve been looking forward to seeing this so it’s nice to see your great review!

Seeing it opening day must have been fun!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was great fun, we went to the 12:55pm showing, the theater wasn't full but then it was us old people, LOL. We all clapped at the end of the movie.

The 3D theater was probably full, and when we left there were a lot of people waiting to go in. Plus my friend got a call as we left that a bunch of people from work were going to the 4:25 showing, LOL, we beat them to it.

Oh and I forgot to mention Rose! I really liked her character and can't wait to see if they expand her role in the next movie.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I went to see it Friday too, in the non-3D old people's theater. LOL. I am not a huge star wars fan, but since I grew up on it I always go see them. I enjoyed this film quite a lot.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Went to the special double feature on Thursday so got an extra cool 5 minutes of John Williams before the movies started. :-)

I have enjoyed all the movies - even episodes 1-3 - but this definitely is one of the best with plots AND humor. And the porgs steal all their scenes. As does BB-8. Won’t spoil anything more.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed it immensely!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it, too. I have seen all the movies. The first one when I was 14.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have mixed feelings about it. I found it enjoyable but at the same time I was a bit disappointed. Perhaps I had exaggerated expectations. My own, I assure you. Not based on anything said here.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Watched it four times..would watch it a fifth since I find new depth in the dialogue each time. I am not a 3D person either but seeing it in 3D with DBox (the seats) was a totally thrilling experience (that was on my 3rd viewing)

Oh and I never for once believe what Ben is saying....yes Jedis can come from anywhere but Ben’s comments of Rey’s Parents throwing her away is just classic ploys of any gang trying to recruit those in need of “Family”.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Just watched thus today with myn11 y/old, we loved it! All the different animals and species was fun and overall just a thrill.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I saw an article that the Porg creatures were developed so they could cover all the puffins that naturally inhabited the island, LOL.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Dipo....oh interesting! My daughter is obsessed with the Porg's now. She has bought 2 stuffies already! I will let her know what you said. She did find out they are based on Puffins on her own Googling them.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: