TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 05, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 05, 2016 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I can appreciate Tarantino's good stuff. But I'm not a rabid fan. I don't like it all. I think he misses as much as he hits. But when he's good, he's good. Reservoir Dogs would be on my list of all time great films.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 29, 2016 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
To me his worst one was "Jackie Brown", and even that was ok. I had to look up what year that was, and it was 1997, so it was his next movie as director after RD and Pulp Fiction.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think he's probably made worse than Jackie Brown, it was just such a disappointment at the time because RD and PF were so loved. I have not revisited JB.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, you guys were making me think I was some kind of oddball for liking The Hateful Eight. I had to take a look online and thankfully I'm not....LOL

7.9/10 IMDb
75% Rotten Tomatoes
68% Metacritic

Irishgranny

04-15-2009

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irishgranny a private message Print Post    
Saw "Mother's Day"...really enjoyed it. If you can find it..the movie"The Lady in the Van" starring Maggie Smith is supposed to be a good one....based on a true story.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Mothers Day too Irish. Lots of laughing from audience. A few odd storylines and questionable things... but overall a fun movie with a great cast. Be warned.... the Critics HATED it!! & Reviews are brutal...

Julia Roberts 3 kids are in the movie as extras.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I watched Mother's Day and I liked it. Some storylines I enjoyed more than others but I think it was enjoyable. Obviously with a comedy/drama it's not really necessary to shell out the big bucks for watching at the theatre but if like me, you had time and wanted a comedy, out of the choices out at the moment it was alright. I had already seen "The Boss" with Melissa McCarthy; which I enjoyed too even though there were a few parts that went way overboard imo.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, May 23, 2016 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Money Madness - 4/5 stars.
Staring George Clooney, Julia Roberts, directed by Jodie Foster.

Fun fact: due to schedule conflicts and how their characters interacted, Clooney and Roberts were almost never on the set at the same time (and really enjoyed the times they did get to work together directly).

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
NICE GUYS ~ 3/5 stars
Love the cast, especially seeing Russell Crowe again, but have a hard time watching Ryan Gosling try to do slap stick. The best moments were between Crowe and the young actress playing Gosling's daughter.

Irishgranny

04-15-2009

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irishgranny a private message Print Post    
ME BEFORE YOU 4/5

Great story..didn't know the actors but they did a great job, especially the female lead.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 15, 2016 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DH and I watched the most fun and sweetest movie "Elvis & Nixon (2016)"

It's based on the true story of Elvis trying to meet the President so he could get an undercover FBI badge. Nixon was the President at the time.

Anyway, we loved the movie.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have to admit that I went to see Bad Moms this past weekend with my daughter and I loved it. Hated the language and some of the coarseness of it, but the content made me laugh until I cried. My daughter (age 19) spent the trip home asking me how much of it is true...and I told her basically all of it! Especially how the children always blame the mother for EVERY LITTLE THING that goes wrong in their lives...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, August 12, 2016 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I saw it too and I liked it a lot. Ending felt a bit rushed and weak, but overall a lot of laughs and things I could relate to as a mom.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Exactly!

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, September 05, 2016 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Watched Me Before You last night using pay for view. Turned out to be a sad but at the same time kind of uplifting movie. Interesting to see Emilia Clarke in a very different role than as Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones. Same could be said of Sam Claflin who is better known, at least to us, for his role in The Hunger Games movies.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 05, 2016 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I've been meaning to see it. Glad you liked it. :-)

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Me Before You was great!

Bad Moms was great!! so funny

Bridgette Jones' Baby was Very funny.. a bit predictable & certainly not Oscar-worthy but the audience really liked it. Lots of laughing.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The Man Who Knew Infinity

Abby7

07-17-2002

Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
We just watched "what we did on our holiday" really enjoyed it. (If you have starz cinema it will repeat next week.....in case you haven't seen it)

Abby7

07-17-2002

Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
ETA not a "new movie"....2014. (Not sure how I missed it).

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 4:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I saw Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children the other day.

I can or can't recommend it. Its an odd movie that depends on what you like.

But I did want to say that I do not recommend taking small children to see it. Esp. if they are afraid of monsters. Even if they aren't afraid of monsters theres a pretty good chance they will be.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, October 14, 2016 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I went in to see The Accountant fully expecting to not like it since the reviews weren't great but maybe because of that low expectation, I ended up really enjoying it.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Saw The Arrival and thought it was well done. It's not fast or action packed so not everyone will like it but I enjoyed the interplay between the linguist and the scientist.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the Arrival too -- not your typical sci-fi, not much action. A thinking man's film. Deep and moving.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I also saw Manchester By the Sea. It's a good little indie film. I was laughing as I was crying.