TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
A Man Called Ove

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: A Man Called Ove users admin

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
My mum and I saw this last night, and it was excellent! Music Box produced it, and it is a Swedish film. However, just like the Swedish versions of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, the story draws you in so quickly that you forget you're reading. If there's an independent theater near you showing it, I highly recommend it. (The book is absolutely fabulous, too!)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Excellent, thanks for letting me know, I really enjoyed the book. I will see if it is playing in my area.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, November 14, 2016 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree Teachmichigan, A Man Called Ove, was an excellent film. My sister and I saw it this afternoon. I read the book over a year ago and from what I remember it stayed pretty true to the book. My sister has not read to book and really enjoyed the film as well.

Definitely ***** from this movie critic. Wouldn't mind seeing an Oscar nod or two for this fine film.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, November 14, 2016 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Yay! I'm glad you both enjoyed it. :-)

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 4:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Teach, I'm halfway done with the book and I am enjoying it.

I just wanted to tell you that we got a new "smart" TV and while my sister and I were hooking it up, I felt just like Ove. lol!

When the TV asked me for my email address and to agree to terms and conditions, I started eyeing it suspiciously and was ready to throw it back in the box and return it! Why does a TV need my email? I don't need to be harassed by it!

So Ove.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Very funny Grooch, thanks for the laugh.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I waited too long and it left the theater before I had a chance to get to it. I'll have find another way to see it.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Tom Hanks to Star in, Produce 'A Man Called Ove' Movie

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tom-hanks-star-produce-a-man-called-ove-movie-1041804

I can't see Tom as Ove. I think I'll still see Tom. Maybe he'll surprise me. Loved the Swedish fim (and book, of course).

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
The book and Swedish film were fantastic. I can kinda' see Tom as Ove, but I think the original version will be better just because it's Swedish!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've read the book and finally just saw the movie. So sweet! Beautiful cat!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: