TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 16, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 16, 2016 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Spotlight. Wow. Just wow.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Just got back from Hunger Games and we liked it. Very true to the book. I'm always amazed at how true Jennifer Lawrence stays to the character (as well as the rest of the cast) considering how much time has passed in between filming.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jennifer Lawrence is this generations Merle Streep. I adore her!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
She is an excellent actress. And I applaud your speed at seeing the movie! Thanks for the review.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I want to see "Joy" when it comes out. I saw previews last weekend and thought it looked really good.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I also loved Spotlight and think everyone should see it.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Creed this weekend, good story line and well acted

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Zeyna. I've heard good things about Creed.

What is Spotlight about?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, November 30, 2015 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Spotlight ~ In 2001, editor Marty Baron of The Boston Globe assigns a team of journalists to investigate allegations against John Geoghan, an unfrocked priest accused of molesting more than 80 boys. The reporters make it their mission to provide proof of a cover-up of sexual abuse within the Roman Catholic Church. Mark Ruffalo, Michael Keaton and Rachel McAdams are a few of the actors in it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, November 30, 2015 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Excellent acting in Spotlight.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, November 30, 2015 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kappy. Now I remember hearing about it. Such an important topic.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 12:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Saw Spotlight yesterday and agree - the acting is wonderful.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, December 27, 2015 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Saw The Big Short yesterday and have mixed feelings - not because the movie isn't excellent but because of the style of the director. He's one of those who loves to jump from photo to photo non-stop and after the first 15 minutes, I seriously had to wonder if I could make it all the way through. The subject matter is about a group of guys who foresaw the housing collapse about two years before it happened and how they approached it as an investment. Christian Bale and Steve Carell both knock it out of the ball park. Very smartly done and yet I'm still shaking my head. It does such a good job of renewing one's anger toward the banks and the government that I'm not sure I want to recommend it, lol!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Saw The Big Short and Brooklyn over the holidays. Loved both of them and would recommend both.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We saw The Hateful Eight. Loved it! But it's definitely not my favorite Tarantino movie.

eta: Poor Jennifer Jason Leigh. She was really smacked around in this movie. So much so it was funny and you couldn't help but laugh.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Saw Hunger Games Mockingjay part 2 and it was a terrific ending to an exciting series.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Seconded the recommendation for The Big Short. We actually intended to see Mockingjay, but the only two seats together were the very front row --- no, thank you!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think it's funny how much as adults we dislike the front row, but when my brother and I were kids, we loved the front row. We would slink down in the seat and practically be looking straight up to watch the movie. hahaha

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I saw Sisters over the weekend. Laugh out loud funny!

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I saw the trailer for this in August and it did make me laugh out loud, SM! :-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I love Tarantino,The hateful 8 is on my list Naja,but after The Revenant.
The Martian was OK, I got bored at times. There were some pretty big actors in this movie with very little screen time, this was definitely Matt Damon's movie.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
The Revenant was a mesmerizing film. Saw it last weekend.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I still love the front row of the cinema. Fewer people sitting around me. It is perfect.

Ok so we went to see the Revenant on Tuesday. I have to say I did not enjoy this film. There was just too much that did not make sense for me. I looked up the story and it was very different from the film.

Usually I really do not like the film that wins the best picture Oscar so this will win for sure (last year was an exception). I really hope Spotlight comes from behind and wins.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Saw Star Wars the Force Awakens with a friend. I like it, she loved it. :-)

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Loved Star Wars the Force Awakens!