TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 01, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 01, 2015 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Wow! Just finished watching the Imitation Game, although I knew the story, this interpretation was very moving. I kept thinking, if only he lived in the present, he would have loved this computer age and sexual freedom. A very good movie.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Which movie is better on just pure entertainment value, The Theory Of Everything or Imitation Game?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Tough choice! Don't choose, do a double-feature!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree, do yourself a favor and see both. I'd give a slight edge to Theory of Everything as for which film I liked more.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks. I think pay for view still has both. It's so hot here in Tx I'm staying indoors and need something to watch on TV.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Ricki and the Flash was good. Meryl is just seriously great at whatever she does.. I LOVED the music (had a crush on Rick Springfield back in the day) but I thought they could have done away with a few songs and added that time to the storyline. They had a great story but it just needed more meat to it.

Great characters.. my fav was the bartender (magician guy from Pitch Perfect)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Saw a couple of movies on Pay TV and a couple of movies at the Cinema this weekend. Enjoyed them all. :-)

Woman in Gold - terrific
Danny Collins - Outstanding and a new favourite!

Fantastic Four - Excellent re-imagining of the series
Minions - Cute

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 4:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen The Gift?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Saw Ricky and the Flash. Loved it! Excellent cast. Streep and her daughter are fab as expected. Rick Springfield was superb. Great story. Not the fluffy comedy I was expecting. Equal doses of humour and pathos.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Binging on The Newsroom. Grace Gummer!!! I didn't know there was another Streep. As good as or better than Mamie?

Marej

09-19-2002

Monday, September 07, 2015 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
I watched St. Vincent yesterday for the first time. I liked it.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Color, "larry crowne" was on tv just a couple of weeks ago....happened to "catch it". Saw it years ago, but this time I noticed a girl who looked like a young Meryl Streep.

Checked imdb...grace gummer. That photo of her (the one on imdb) looks so much like Her mom. (I copied and pasted....but didn't paste lol)

So, Color.....there is one person who knew later than you did. Lol

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, September 14, 2015 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Here you go, Abby. Funny they don't mention who her parents are, so she wants to maker it under her own steam. Good for her.

gg

Abby7

07-17-2002

Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Rupertbear2....just saw this! That is the photo. Sorry took so long to reply.🌹🌹🌹🌹

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 25, 2015 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
You want a big laugh?? Watching Kingsman the secret service was pure delight. I was expecting some boring British flop instead I found myself laughing for 2 hours. Never reached for the fast forward button...

Another movie which was a total surprise after hearing bad things about was 50 shades of grey, I loved the book and since the movie was very similar to the book I found myself loving it too and can't wait to see Darker.

I ran out of movies, all Oscar nominated and winners and now whatever is new on dvd... movie theatres would go broke if everyone was like me....

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, September 25, 2015 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

The Gummer sisters, Mamie, Grace, Louisa (Meryl Streep's daughters.)

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Friday, September 25, 2015 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
I watched most of Inside Out on a flight recently, had to cut it short with about 20 minutes to go, when the plane was landing. Anger, Sadness and Disgust were all sitting right next to me when that moment came :-) So I have to watch it again of course just to see the ending, but would have watched it again anyway... loved it. Bing Bong!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I caught The Kings of Summer on the free SHOWTIME for this weekend. It's one of the best coming-of-age movies I've seen in years. Three teenage guys decide to run away for the summer and build a house in the woods and live off of the land. The story is well done and the acting is good. Reminds me of Breaking Away back in 1779. I thought that was a classic!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Saw The Martian this evening and it was great! The first half hour was a little slow but then it really starts to pick up. Even having read the book, I was still on the edge of my seat for the 2nd half.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
The Martian was good, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
DH and I enjoyed The Martian very much! We watched it in 3D.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
My sister and I went to see Grandma with Lily Tomlin last night. I thought it was good, she didn't. Lily Tomlin and Sam Elliot (Hubba Hubba Ding Ding he still got everything!) were great.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Sarah Silverman is brilliant in I Smile Back. The movie is somewhat above average IMO, but Ms Silverman is sublime.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Lakecat...a little late but I watched "The Gift" this weekend. I really like it...but it was not the movie I expected it to be from the trailer. It caught me a little by surprise.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, November 01, 2015 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I saw it too, last night. I really liked it.