TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I didn't want to discuss too much on the recommendation only thread. I liked this installment as much as I have the rest of the series.

It's been a long time since I've read the book so I'm wondering if the letters from Plutarch were due to the death of Phillp Seymor Hoffman. It worked out fine ~ I just can't remember if Commander Paylor was in the book as much as she is the movie. If it was changed to cover his death, it did work well. Still sad to see Hoffman looking so healthy knowing what happens so quickly to his life.

Loved the actors who are newer to me ~ Patina Miller (Comander Paylor), Mahersala Ali (Boggs) and Natalie Dormer (Cressida).

Loved Finnick's wedding to Annie ~ her hairpiece fascinated me, LOL! I kept trying to think of how I could duplicate it.

I didn't recognize Johanna at first until she started her usual 'give Katness crap' bit. I wish she were in it more.

Saddest moments for me ~ Finnick in the tunnels and later, Effie's goodbyes.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Saw it last night, too. Excellent! Love so many of the characters. And how did you like that Buttercup was there at the end?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I was scared to death Katniss might succeed in harming him but then yes, was very glad that she realized Buttercup was like a gift in a way.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm going to be seeing this with my DD (we've read all the books as well) so I'm happy to hear all the good reviews!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also enjoyed it and loved how sweet the ending was. only complaint it was so dark, hard to see some scenes, may have been our theater tho...

ps. our theater now has recliner seats, cool but costs an extra 1.50 :-(

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, November 30, 2015 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I wondered as well Kappy if the letter to Katniss was because Hoffman was not alive to continue filming. Anyone remember?

The movie was a fitting end to a fun movie and book series.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, December 01, 2015 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The answer is yes. Found this:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/20/mockingjay-part-2-book-vs-movie

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link Brenda!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: