TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 30, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 30, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was going through my Showtime on-demand movies to see if there was anything interesting I hadn't seen yet.

I spotted a movie from 2012 called "Compliance". It looked somewhat interesting so I clicked to start the movie. It said it was a true story. The synopsis on Showtime says:

"Fast food manager Sandra receives a call from the police saying an employee has stolen a customer's money. Convinced she's doing what's right, Sandra follows the officer's instructions, no matter how invasive they become."

After I watched the movie I looked up the real story. And the real story has video of the actual events.

I have to say, this is the very first time I have seen a movie was that was nowhere near as bad as the actual events. This movie is played down, and when you look up the real surveillance videos, you will be horrified.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1971352/reference

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's a video of a tv investigative show covering the actual events, and containing the actual surveillance video. Don't watch if you are upset easily. It's hard to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuH3GYmSjzU

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I remember hearing about this story. Horrifying that someone would do that. I'm not even going to watch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I had no idea about what I was about to watch. The synopsis seemed mild. And actually, the movie was somewhat mild considering how most movies are these days.

I automatically figured it was "based on" true events and totally exaggerated. Then when I saw the real story I got sick.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
such bs, her finance has the girl give him oral sex per the cop on the phone?! no normal person would do that, any normal person would know the call was bs..I almost think the fiance was in on it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Draft day...it left me wanting it to be a weekly tv show. I wanted to see what happens to the team he drafts

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
The Grand Budapest Hotel. Very funny and really great! :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Happymom, that movie is on my must-see list. :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yesterday VinBlanche and I saw Cap'n America - Winter Soldier. Since I was bored silly through most of the first one, I was happily surprised how much I really enjoyed the sequel. Then again, we are huge Avengers/Marvels/Shield fans.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
August Osage Co. Good Lord what a tragic, tragic film. I knew it was about a bitchy matriarch but it was touted as a comedy. I had different expectations. The acting was spectacular and the story kept me interested, but man what a downer film.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
CHEF with Jon Favreau and a small group of great & enjoyable actors. Very honest. Very real. Very endearing! It deserved the great reviews!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Steve Carrell has apparently got good reviews for his role in The Foxcatcher

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Maleficent was really good. In our theater the quality of the picture was so dark and not crystal clear. I wonder if anyone else has this experience. Or am I just spoiled on our HD 60 ft tv at home?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
We just saw it and the picture was fine. I'd say that your theater needs to replace the bulb and I'd call them and complain. Good movie.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Roger Ebert used to complain about this all the time. He said that a lot of theatres intentionally turn down their bulbs because they think it saves energy/money but it doesn't save a single penny and just makes the films darker and ticks off viewers.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
good info! ty!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
60 foot home tv !!!!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
O/T but I really miss Roger.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Me too. :-(

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL KL!!!! 60 inch not foot! LOL

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Her 10/10

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I had read The Fault Beneath Our Stars and had no desire to see the movie - but a group of women from my church was going and so I went along - so glad I saw it! It is definitely a two hankie viewing but the young actors portraying the characters from the book were so true to what I envisioned the characters that it was really much better than I expected.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, June 21, 2014 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Just watched The Normal Heart on HBO. Oh my. Loved it and it left me in tears. As if I couldn't love Jim Parsons and Mark Ruffalo anymore. And Matt Bomer, heartbreaking.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I thought 'The Normal Heart' was wonderful too, Mamie. Great performances.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Transformers: Age of Extinction

It's a Michael Bay film. So you expect to see lots of action, things blown up, stuff thrown at you from the screen (if you go 3D). Don't expect much about the script or the acting.

Love the Dinobots.