TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 11, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Recommendations - No Spoilers, Please!: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 11, 2013 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 3:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I saw "the Way Way Back" yesterday." I am a sucker for "coming of age" movies. This started out as the classic tale of a mom willing to put up with anything to keep "her new man," but turned around at the end.

Nothing earth-shaking, but a good watch for a stormy afternoon - which it for sure was!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sam Rockwell is fantastic in Way Way Back. My daughter and I saw it, and yes, nothing earth shattering, but a solid film. I was also impressed with Toni Colette -- She can say so much without even uttering a word -- very natural and subtle performance and yet it's all spelled out in her face.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
To tell the truth I started out with a very negative mind-set about the mom. I see so very much of the "I gotta have a man in my life no matter how much I hurt or even endanger my kid(s)" way of life from the women I encounter in my work with various hunger relief/elimination programs, that any whiff of that puts my back up immediately!

It was enlightening for me to see that the same mind-set apparently is found in other socio-economic groups!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I saw "We're the Millers" today, and it is hilarious. The language is pretty coarse, so you might want to avoid this one if that bothers you -

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just saw a review of "Drinking Buddies" with Olivia Wilde and Jake Johnson (from New Girl). I was surprised that it got such good reviews. EW also gave it a decent review. I want to go see it, but it is not showing in my area yet. Now, I want to see it!

Ruthamc

05-09-2011

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ruthamc a private message Print Post    
I watched "Drinking Buddies" on Comcast On Demand last week Friday. It was good but alot of talking and drinking. Mostly about the relationship and interminglings of four people in their mid-twenties.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Saw the movie "Prisoners" this weekend- EXCELENT!!!

A must see movie!!! Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhal are awsome as is the rest of the cast. 👍👍👍👍👍

It opens this Friday 20th!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I saw Prisoners today. It's 2.5 hours. Went by fast. I often enough nod during movies in the dark theater. Not during this one. Twists. Thriller. Not simple child kidnapping. Yeah, Hugh and Jake -- fantastic.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We watched This Is the End this weekend and it was hilarious! Enjoyed it very much. I bit raunchy but I expected that but really very funny.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, September 30, 2013 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I went to see The Wizard of Oz in IMAX 3D yesterday afternoon. Went all by myself, bought a popcorn and felt like a little girl seeing it for the first time.
It was a wonderful and magical experience. This was a limited one week release. IMO, the studio goofed by not marketing it more heavily and extending the release timeframe. Anyone who has ever seen and enjoyed this movie would have loved the IMAX experience.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, September 30, 2013 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
BAck from a monthlong vacation, so I went to Fandango to see what might be playing at my local theater(s) that I would want to see. I was surprised to find quite a long list!

I had question marks by both "the Family" and "The Prisoners." Having read the reviews here, I will skip the former and view the latter.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen it, but I've heard it's best to see Gravity in 3D.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
I liked "The Family" more than "The Prisoners". I enjoyed "Don Jon", but I have a STRONG positive bias towards JGL...he is PURE talent personified. "Thanks for Sharing" had similar content as "Don Jon" but a deeper film...STRONG rec on that one.

"Enough Said" was most excellent also. As was "In a World..." and "Short Term 12".

"Rush" was HOT, HOT, HOT, as was the star of "Rush", Chris Hemsworth.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
LBF: In a World,,, is tops of my list of must-see flicks.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, "In a World..." is pure behind-the-scenes Hollywood truth; which, to me, is pure heaven.

Let me know what you think of it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My recommendation for your scary Halloween rental or stream is "Mama".

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
LBF - I have "Don Jon" and "Thanks for Sharing" on my "to view" list!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Re Gravity: 10/10. I LOVED it! I think it may be the best movie I've ever seen. I saw it in 3D. Wish I'd seen it in IMAX. I'm so glad I paid the extra $3 to see it in 3D and SO glad I saw it on the big screen.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Went on date night with my DH tonight and saw Captain Phillips. Even though we both knew the outcome, we thoroughly enjoyed this movie and were on the edge of our seats! Tom Hanks, as usual, is excellent and does not disappoint!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Saw "Don Jon" today - funny but lots of "offensive" language for those easily offended -

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
Rush was excellent, Gravity was also very good.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Saw About Time tonight and loved it. Great movie and very funny.

On halloween we saw El Cuerpo (The Body), really really great thriller a must see. One of the best films I have ever seen.

I highly recommend both these films.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Another positive vote for "Rush" and star Chet. That guy is smokin' HOT!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Sat down and watched Thor on tv the other night expecting to not like anything about it as it's not my type of movie at all. I enjoyed it enough to go out and see Thor: The Dark World and enjoyed it as well.

I am now definitely a fan of Chris Hemsworth and want to see everything he's done.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, November 11, 2013 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Saw Chris Helmsworth in "Rush" and am now totally a fan! What a hunk! Not at all my kind of movie but, OMG!

Saw "12 Years a Slave" yesterday. Yes, very violent but a well-acted and totally gripping story!